Shoutbox (Disabled)

New Yet another GPU problem

Discussion in 'v1.0.3 (Readonly)' started by Odarlak, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Odarlak

Odarlak New Member

Greetings.
    I wanted to run this game one more time via steam and to my surprise I encountered this error:

The game failed to find a graphics device. This may indicate you do not have proper drivers installed for your GPU, the wrong GPU being used, or your system does not meet the minimum requirements.

First of all, I want to mention that I played it a week ago or so and there were no issues at all. Everything was smooth.
    In attempts to find a solution, I went through all the topics I've seen here and tried to apply some of the resolutions such as updating GPU drivers by myself or intel drivers from the links. Problem stays there.
    So, I'm using an old PC with Windows 7x64, 4gb of RAM, the videocard itself is GeForce 550 TI and, as I understand, with the most fresh version of the game available on steam(1.0.3). The problem is occurring right after I press "play" button in steam, then nothing happens and after that I get an error. Nothing changes with multiple tries.
    I tried multiple versions of NVidia GPU drivers and none of them helped with this. Running the game in safemode or w/o the sound or steam overlay didnt help either.
    Can also attach the log here:

Hope it does provide any useful info.
    Will be thankful for any help provided.

2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

It is very likely the game is trying to run on your integrated Intel HD, which are notoriously bad. As the error mentions: "Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.NoSuitableGraphicsDeviceException: GRAPHICS DRIVER IS EXTREMELY BROKEN!" - Make sure you force the game to run on your nVidia from the Nvidia Control Panel.

3. Odarlak

Odarlak New Member

Thanks for your reply, but sadly it didnt help me.
    I tried this method too, and did it again just now to make sure it doesn't help. I don't even have any other option in NVidia control panel but to choose this exact video card. I also assigned my video card to the programm manually and it doesn't help. Energy saving mode doesn't help either.
    I want to mention again that I haven't changed anything at my PC and somehow my videocard doesn't seem fit for launch anymore.