Shoutbox (Disabled)

Workaround for the Character Customisation Bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blarg543210, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blarg543210

Blarg543210 New Member

Hey all!

Been following this project for a while and was happy when I saw v0.4 was released. Only hang up (besides a few grammar/spelling errors) was the character customisation bug. I had a hack at fixing it and had some success, sort of.

So I've not quite fixed it but I managed to edit the default template files, (which are .json files in the game's directory that you open with 7zip, extract the file inside and open that with notepad to edit, save it and put it back in the .json when done) to change the first template "Aven the Avien" to be what I wanted for my character.

Didn't know where to put this thread, literally made an account to share this workaround with people here. Hope this has helped a bit, I'll happily answer any questions.

2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

You can still change the name of the character without crashing in-game tho :p No need to extract game-assets for that and such x3

Blarg543210 likes this.
  3. Blarg543210

Blarg543210 New Member

True but this workaround lets you edit the appearance too! :p

I got a fully changed character working in only about an hour. Couldn't work out the combo of fur markings I wanted since they've got a 3 digit number I'd have to guess xD

4. Kharnos Strayder

Kharnos Strayder New Member

Tried your method, for some reason v4 really hates the combo, game just ups and crashes as soon as I click new game w/o prologue, I double checked my numbers everything seems to be right

5. Blarg543210

Blarg543210 New Member

For some reason it crashed initially for me if I tried adding in a new template, editing the first one worked fine though but I had to do it in steps.

6. Draithis

Draithis New Member

Probably a dumb question, but how do i put the edited text back in the .json file? Because as much as I love everything about this game, I just can't get into it without the customization. Also what did you mean by do it in steps?

7. Kharnos Strayder

Kharnos Strayder New Member

Yeah a step by step guide would be lovely please.

8. Blarg543210

Blarg543210 New Member

So, I navigated to the "games\amorous\windows\Content-Release\Data\PlayerCustomization" folder

Using 7-zip I opened the "DefaultTemplates.json" file

Inside that is a file just called "DefaultTemplates", I extracted that to a folder where I could easily find it.

Then I opened the extracted "DefaultTemplates" file with Notepad++ (notepad works fine too)

In this file is all the settings for the character templates. They can be pretty easy to understand or a bit cryptic in places. I changed the first template "Aven the Avian" to be how I wanted including the name. I found this was easier whilst having the game's customiser open at the same time. I also changed one attribute at a time then did the below steps to test it worked before repeating the process and changing another.

Once I'd changed everything I wanted (and saved the file) I opened the "DefaultTemplates.json" file with 7-zip again and dragged the modified "DefaultTemplates" file into the "DefaultTemplates.json" file and overwrote the one that was there. (You might want to make a backup of the unmodified one)

Once you've done that, just close the .json file and boot the game to see your changes. Hope this helps everyone! :)

9. Sonadow

Sonadow New Member

i try to do that but it's really cryptic for me ^^'

10. Blarg543210

Blarg543210 New Member

Which part are you stuck on? The editing the template part?

Sonadow likes this.
  11. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

I'm going to lock this as v0.4.1 is now out which removes the need of manually having to edit.

Sonadow and Blarg543210 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.