Shoutbox (Disabled)

Wish: Immersive Economy

Discussion in 'Feedback and Wishlist' started by riospark, Aug 29, 2015.

1. riospark

riospark New Member

Now, hear me out on this, because even I hate the idea of having an actual economy within the game.

However, this idea came to me during the Jax story line. When you get to interact with him for the first time, Jax mentions how he drops a 45 dollar drink, and you willingly pay for it out of the goodness of your heart.

That's nice and all, but there seems to be absolutely no consequence for dipping down like that. Granted that Jax is worth all the money in the world...

Yet, this begs to question: your character is slogged in the "unemployment tar pits", so what kind of effect will having to grant a big tip like that for him/her?

Additionally, its not just Jax. Within the story line for Seth, you get to go on a date, and are given the choice of whether you should bring flowers or wine, or skip all of that. Now, being the nice and romantic guy like I am, I picked flowers. But, there it is again: how much did these flowers cost? Or even how would've the wine costed?

Essentially, what I'm asking for is some kind of a "money system" that keeps track of how much money you have, how you lose them, and how you can gain them. Additionally, and this is pretty petty, but also how money affects your interactions with the different characters in the game, too.

Obviously, this opens up a lot of other things - such as shops, banks, more encounters....and maybe even prostitution?

Dunno.

But, that's what I think. What do you think?

2. Bourlingueur

Bourlingueur Member

I don't think that's petty at all. Money is a big part of any relationship. I also agree there should be some kind of system for this.

Your mention of prostitution is interesting. I'm not sure I'd be entirely comfortable with it, but there's some potential there to have a bit of sexy fun with otherwise innaccessible characters. It's something to consider at least. :)

Reeden and FireWolfAlpha like this.