Shoutbox (Disabled)

Wish: Female Story Line

Discussion in 'Feedback and Wishlist' started by Arctic W. Fox, May 27, 2015.

1. Arctic W. Fox

Arctic W. Fox New Member

Would be nice to have the option to play as a brother or sister of Coby. >.< though I'm guessing its probably part of the plan any ways.

jerryjai, Thefne and Scruffer like this.
  2. OKTrite

OKTrite Member

They'll most likely implement female options in the future.

For now, I think they're focusing purely on male-driven stuff.

3. DaraSilverDragon

DaraSilverDragon Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

They are. All the current art assets and storylines are for a male player, and something like over 80% of the stated playerbase was male, so they are currently working on male content to the exclusion of all else. A female playable character MAY be started on after the male version of the game is finished, but they pretty much have to remake the whole game from scratch for that so it may not ever happen at all.

4. 6DarkRaven9

6DarkRaven9 New Member

Harvest Moon did only boy, then made a standalone version with a girl. A lot of games were like that back in the old days. Today most usually involved both genders in one game. I do hope for a female perspective but they would need women on the team because I don't want to read what men expect women say/think. It's bad enough else where.

5. Arctic W. Fox

Arctic W. Fox New Member

That's a shame.

6. Yamayuki

Yamayuki New Member

In fact we're fewer than males in the fandom, as the game started based on male only, it's just the beginning, I guess they will make a storyline and stuff for us later too, I just hope for it, otherwise yeah, it would be a shame. But yeah, still too early to say so, I just hope for something in near-future.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  7. DaraSilverDragon

Correct. They actually did a poll before even starting on the game to determine their target demographic - basically, what people would be most likely to play their game, and possibly help pay for it. Gay males came in the top slot, followed by straight males, which is why we're only just now getting the first female date worked on. Females were such a small part of the demographic poll that it makes no sense for them to cater to such a relatively small crowd, especially when doing so means rewriting pretty much the whole game over from scratch.
    ...At least not yet.

8. 6DarkRaven9

6DarkRaven9 New Member

So furry is a gay thing or just more popular with gays than others? I tried looking up furry stuff and it's always guy on guy majority, so just wondering.

9. DaraSilverDragon

No, 'furry' has roughly as diverse a population as any other group

It just so happens that the people who actively expressed marked interest in this one particular game turned out to be mostly gay males - that's all.

10. Duralt'Vihar

Duralt'Vihar New Member

It's true there are more gay furries ( at least, more gay furries that we know of ), But there are certainly animations and pictures of straight furry art. If you PM me I can ( eventually ) give you a list of artists who do alot of straight art.

I'd say it's about a range from 50-60:40-50, Gay males:The rest, respectively. ( Don't quote me on that, it's a personal estimate, based on what content I see daily on FA :D )

11. Belle La Victorie

Belle La Victorie New Member

This is certainly a feature I look forward to.

12. Kooskia

Kooskia Member

To be honest it's a feature I would love to see it too (despite being male and not gay ).
    What it interest me it's exactly how the different paths could be re-arranged with a woman's point of view.

I don't think (especially if there would some help to the staff) that reworking the text would be the main problem. But animations fo sex would surely means double work, still extend the "life" of amorous as active project.

Kiba the wulf likes this.
  13. Thefne

Thefne New Member

A customization of names like "brother," your pronouns, and more options for the sexy bits should satisfy everyone's gender needs, though I think the reason female assets don't exist right now is because there aren't any scenes where the player bottoms. More of those please?~

14. Silent Dreamer

Silent Dreamer New Member

Being an amateur game developer, I understand how it might pose some trouble to quickly add in another gender role and all the response that would follow. I do, however, believe that it would be possible to go in and edit dialogue and events/etc once the male version is finished. Trust me, I am dealing with the same issue in my game with special dialogues for my 8 different playable characters.

15. Nekumiho

Nekumiho Member

that's true....