Shoutbox (Disabled)

Why'd you pick that? [Spoilers]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tazo, May 30, 2015.

1. Tazo

Tazo Team Amorous Team Amorous

Each path in Amorous has its own set of choices but what made one choice stand out over the others? Did you come to a point in the game where a choice gave you pause? Or maybe one that felt really satisfying? Call it morbid curiosity but I'd like to know if there were any stand out moments for you. Maybe points that made you pause for a second and consider.

Mine's a bit of a spoiler so I'll just leave it here.

When Jax is fired, the choice to follow or confront was one that really made me stop for a second. It felt like a natural response, to protect or nurture, and I felt like I couldn't just let the player be passive for simplicity's sake.

So what's yours?

2. OKTrite

OKTrite Member

Mine's quite the same, actually. When Jax was fired and I was given the option of either just pursuing him or confronting the person that he ran into, I actually had to stop and think for a moment about what I wanted to do there. Eventually, I ended up choosing to confront, and while I didn't feel too right about that in the moment, it did feel... weirdly satisfying after it was all said and done, like I'd protected my own significant other.

The other place where I had to stop was when Seth and I went to see the author for the second time, and whether or not I should have told the author about Seth's book or I should push Seth to explain himself. In the end, I decided that having Seth explain himself was the much better option, since it was allowing him to express himself in the way he intended, rather than have it said through a mouthpiece, AKA myself.

Gemholder94 likes this.
  3. Coldstone

Coldstone New Member

I had that same debate moment with that one. His story really tugged at me (Jax). >.<.

Though if certain things are predestined no matter what...I was half curious how things would shift if I picked a few different buttons.

Course, now I have a serious brain distraction of his outfit! XD

That would make an amusing 'end bonus' feature - extra places to do naughty things in different positions for some. That'd be more end game things after lots of other work though.

I did go through the other story plots though - Coby was maybe the simplest to me, but I've only just started dabbling.

4. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Truth given, most dates don't really branch of just yet. It's a planned feature to go multiple ways.

5. DFox

DFox New Member

When Jax gave me his number i was like, FUCK YEAH BITCH! XD ....later i felt even more satisfied when i explored each way and none of them lead me to his number :p .... also i had to think a lot of times when i was asked to decide whether to hit on him or be more subtle, because of his story... but i loved how the story went on the first try!!

6. Kenneth Anaxia

Kenneth Anaxia New Member

Truly the one date that clearly sticks out at the moment would be the one with you and Jax for obvious reasons and we all know which part gave us that immediate pause weather to console or to confront, and I can assume
    I don't know about everyone but I can safely assume that a majority went to confront the loud mouthed bird in the booth I know I did - Honestly the character's immediate reaction is extremely satisfying and would be something that many would do - I don't know weather it gave you the option to lecture of upright deck that bird's cheek, but I would still choose a five knuckled surprise regardless could also work with the story because with each action is consequence - But that isn't the only time which gives people thought - Not as much but a pause regardless weather your stand up for Seth when he comes to talk to that writer fellow.

Now as we all know Amorous isn't done but as it stands it's still enthralling and you have to admit each character is thought out quite well, even Coby's short it is still well done ^.=.^ anyways pretty much it for now - Can't wait to see what Team Amorous brings next to the table.

- Kenneth Anaxia ( Zastien )

7. Bourlingueur

Bourlingueur Member

Somehow I didn't feel as torn during that scene. Your love interest caused a minor accident and ran out of the club. Why would I bother confronting the patron? Isn't it more important to go check on Jax?
    I might have been more hesitant if Jax froze and your two options were to confront the patron (show your manly manliness) or take Jax outside with you (avoid the problem).

The moments that really gave me pause were the subtler ones. Oooh, I need to make a move. Do I hug him? Kiss him? Hold back for now? A decision too brash and you hit a wall; do nothing, and the moment passes, perphaps forever. Those are the moments I crave in dating simulators.

DFox and DaraSilverDragon like this.
  8. Mish Mish

Mish Mish New Member

Jax's was easily the most complex date so I had to stop and think a lot of the time with him, and most of the time I comforted him and tried to be supportive until I felt it was necessary to be a bit more direct. I was almost always very conscious about whether or not I was kissing too early or something, and even offered to sleep on the couch (I forget which playthrough that was) when offered the bed or couch xP Idk I try to be hella polite and I think it comes off as more submissive sometimes, which made it weird when my character would top or be forced to say something that was slightly out of character.

9. Asriel Dreamurr

Asriel Dreamurr Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

I choose to follow him of course the first time, but no matter what you choose, the ending will be the same : sex, sex and sex !:amlaughing:He apologise to you, no matter what

10. soulus42

soulus42 Member Team Amorous Supporter

For me, I was pausing when making a choice between making a move or not. I found it interesting to see what would happen if I chose not to hug or kiss and see how the characters would react.

11. Skyshatter

Skyshatter New Member

Telling your dad you and Coby had sex. I did it to see what he'd say.

12. DaraSilverDragon

DaraSilverDragon Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

And? I never did that - what's the response?

13. Rhale

Rhale New Member

Love Skye cosplaying as Renamon.

Darkwolfie likes this.
  14. Skyshatter

Skyshatter New Member

Player: I fucked Coby in the ass and spilled a hot load. We look flushed because we had just finished and are trying to cover it up.
    Coby : Hahaha! (player name was used here just editing it out) is so funny, isn't he? Such a jokester. He's just pulling your leg.
    Coby gave me a rather concerning stare for a moment before returning to his cheery smile.
    After that its the same no matter the response you give him

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  15. DaraSilverDragon

DaraSilverDragon Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

Oh... thats kinda disappointing really

16. elfen デーモン

elfen デーモン New Member

I choosed Seth, the reason? Because I've always been the kind of guy Seth is, and when I met him, i decided to play some kind of "how it would have been" game. Making decisions I always wanted the other to, being my shield and my hope, an open door to happiness.

I'm the kind of person who tends to live in the past, a lot. But I like it.

Gemholder94 likes this.
  17. Hopeless Romantic Wolf

Hopeless Romantic Wolf Member

Can't say any moment gave me pause. Some were sexy, others sweet, some tragic, others funny. But I did act impulsively on a lot of choices. Like
    When you can either chase after Jax or confront the patron, I went straight to the patron. SO glad I did, he deserved to get summer teeth.
    . I also chose options that I felt flattered the person I was dating, as I would in reality (such as when you're dating Seth, I
    stayed behind and got him a signed book with an encouraging note. I get what he's like, shy and without an ego, so I knew what'd perk him up. Though, I admit, kissing him later over coffee was more cos I love cute guys who light up so easily. X3

I can't say anything stood out or made me think, but I felt good knowing the choices I made as myself reflected well into the game. Even if some were unintentional! :p

18. Hopeless Romantic Wolf

Hopeless Romantic Wolf Member

Nothing wrong with living in the past. People obsess about living in the present but that only leads to mindless actions and mistakes. And it's impossible to live in the future as the future's unwritten. The past offers memories, relics and knowledge, so there's no shame in living there.

But what do I know? I'm just an old man! :p

19. Riveroo

Riveroo Member

Pursue or don't? - That decision took me... two seconds.

Aside from that, I wonder about one thing: Will there be multiple "endings" to a storyline? And if so, will there be a "Good Ending"/"Bad Ending" etc. system, or maybe all endings just about the same and if the former, will there be situations that completely cut you off from the "good ending", or would you be able to somehow reach it anyway, even though you did everything wrong?

20. Silicon Wolf

Silicon Wolf New Member Team Amorous Supporter

My longest pauses happened with Jax.

First was what movie to see. I did not have any read on Jax, and he provides no input? And then western, romantic-comedy, or horror? So, horror... because that was smart... Soon after that, how to end the date. I did feel he would be too uncomfortable for a kiss, so I went with hug, as it seemed to much bonding did happen to do nothing. Then later with food. No idea what he would like, but cold or reheated burgers, bleh, then what I assume was Italian just felt too much for a rushed lunch break date, and felt the same with curry. Chinese was simple, easy, and not too awful for delivery in my head.

And then Seth.

I only had two pauses, and one was pretty quick. After he gave full lip at the coffee shop and his obvious embarrassment, the same in return felt too far, and nothing felt like it would have been rejection, so cheek it was. The other was getting his story read. I ended up going first, but after how badly the response sounded, I got him to speak up. My most meaningful was with Seth, because I saw so much of myself in him, and could push his buttons so well. So I knew instantly that he would be pleased out of his mind with a signed book he missed out on. And I knew wine was a horrible choice due to the bar scene, and I assumed if any guy would like flowers, he would.