Shoutbox (Disabled)

Why a countdown timer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Acayl, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Acayl

Acayl New Member

It's not something I ever had trouble with in the game, I'm just curious.

I have little to no experience with beat-em-ups, so I could be very wrong about this. But I always speculated the time limit feature was just a carryover from when beat-em-ups were games you found at public arcades and they needed a way to keep kids from hogging the consoles for unbuisinesslike amounts of time.

Having mostly grown up with Nintendo adventure games myself like Zelda, Metroid, etc., I'm not quite used to the idea of racing against a countdown timer unless it's explained by the game's story environment. Of course, that's a very different thing from an arcade style beat-em-up.

I don't much see the point of having a timer in BBS since we're not playing it at Chuck E. Cheese (thank God, haha). If perhaps it's just for sake of honoring the tradition of arcade beat-em-ups, I can understand that.

Darkwratheon likes this.
  2. radman1889

radman1889 Member

I don't see the point of having it through the full level. Perhaps it'd be better if the time was shortened to like 2 minutes, but reset back once you got a 'GO' prompt after completing a fight scene. That to me seems more in line with classic beat em ups to me.

3. EthanWolfcat

EthanWolfcat Active Member

Its not fully intergrated yet. I actually outrunned it and it goes -1 -2 -3 and so on xD

4. RoyArtorius

RoyArtorius Master Knight of the Dark Lord Team Amorous Moderator

It will add points to your score (when implemented ;)) depending on how much is left. May need to be shortened.

Darkwratheon likes this.
  5. KiWolfGirl

KiWolfGirl Member

Will it just stop when it hits 0 and give no bonus, or will you lose a life?

6. RoyArtorius

RoyArtorius Master Knight of the Dark Lord Team Amorous Moderator

It'll just be a lost bonus, might turn negative. (At least as far as I'm aware)

Darkwratheon likes this.