Shoutbox (Disabled)

When you spend the time to write down all the ingredients and steps for Remy..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dylan Miles, May 13, 2017.

1. Dylan Miles

Dylan Miles New Member

And then your pasta looks like complete trash, and your life just ends

IF you don't believe me about the steps

"Tomatoes
    Ground Beef
    Onions
    Carrots

Soften up the onion and garlic
    Heat oil first at low heat
    Allspice
    Peper
    Cinnamon
    Cloves

Sauce is improved by two sticks of cinammon put in at the onion phase

When onions start to brown, turn up heat and add in ground beaf (do not break it up too much as it cooks to keep some consistency)

Seasoning at beef stage improves dish like the worchestire sauce or even a small amount of puree

Beef Bullion or Worcesteshire Sauce to infuse meet
    Even use honey bourbon or wine like in chili

When meat is browned, add in couple carrots before tomato sauce maybe with cinammon and citrus elements

After carrots are heated, add in tomatoes, use large can of chopped tomatoes for about a pound or so of beef, depending on water and fat content, add in a small can of tomatoe puree or a third a tube of teh paste

Optional: Chop tommatoes or even peel then chop tomatoes or just peel

Bring sauce to temperature and give time to soften the meat a little and mix in wth the oils of the other ingredients
    20 minute slow simmer, first half with lid on

Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon, the citruc working very well with oregano
    Early on in this process, add in dried herbs
    Three parts oregano to every two parts thyme and marjoram and everyone part basil, rosemary and sage

Chop lightly the large leafed herbs
    Small woodier herbs like thyme and rosemary can be chopped finer and keep their falvour

Adding in fresh herbs with five minutes to go on the sauce and you would typically keep a few bsil and oregano leaves for garnish witgh a freshly grated parmesan

Cream near the end, about half a cub and cubed bacon or pancetta in with the rest of the meat

You can use milk for a lighter sauce or a condensed cream of tomato soup for sweetness

Pasta shells or tagliatelle, not spaghetti

A splash of marsala wine into the meat when it's cooking"

2. EscapeEvade

EscapeEvade New Member

I just alt-tabbed out of the game when I saw "Ragu alla bolognese... er, spaghetti sauce."

I have to know where the authors found this recipe, because I need to kill this at the source to prevent this from spreading. This is not even close to a true Bolognese sauce recipe. Incorrect ingredients aside, a recipe for this with any less than an hour of simmering makes it a recipe for a sauce with meat in it, not one for a meat sauce.

Just sayin'.

Making Bolognese sauce correctly is not for the faint of heart. It takes a lot of effort and a lot of time.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  3. Dylan Miles

Dylan Miles New Member

Uhm..

Alright then. So wrong ingredients, and prep, led me to getting laid anyway.

4. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Correct recipe aside, all you have to do is listen to Remy's instructions prior to the minigame and apply some short-term memory puzzling :p

5. EscapeEvade

EscapeEvade New Member

Just doing my duty as an Italian-American to stamp out wildly incorrect perceptions of Italian food. :p

But, I guess I can overlook it for Remmy. haha

6. MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune Active Member

Why does it make me smile to think that many people are going to cook this recipe now, just because they saw it in Remy's date and learned it from her? Even "worse", why do I wish I could eat it too and find myself curious about what it's like, for precisely the same reason :D

7. Ponygon

Ponygon New Member

I haven't got to that bit yet, but the recipe is starting to really freak me out. Beef in a world full of anthropmorphic animals? It was bad enough when I saw pork appear in a different character's pathway...

8. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

Interesting observation..... o.o

9. MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune Active Member

It might be the kind of world where anthros exist alongside animals as we know them. At worst you could imagine a bit of oddity when a dog person takes a dog animal for a walk, though in such a world everyone would have gotten used to these connections a long time ago and not make much of it nowadays.

10. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

That's what I was thinking, though it would be really odd to think of like a anthro cow eating beef. It would feel like someone eating their distant cousin or something lol.

11. KoolGee

KoolGee New Member

Maybe it'd be like Bojack horseman in that some animals are self-aware and are basically humans but with animal qualities and other animals are mindless and can't think for themselves.

12. Suddenly Tsumi

Suddenly Tsumi Team Amorous Team Amorous

Haha, yeah - I guess I should have figured on the whole "meat in a world of animal people" concept :p Not like there's not plenty of burgers and stuff out there in Anthro art... hmmm... Maybe like KoolGee said there's non-anthro, feral animals in this world too - we saw feral dogs in Kabier's art so maybe some animals aren't as "aware" as others. Carnivores still have to eat I suppose! Hope people don't find it too unnerving! Will just have to watch out for any Turkey and Cow anthro's out there! :p

Also, the family recipe I was working off when I wrote Remy's dialogue is in the spoilers below

Though, yes, as Remy says in the dialogue herself and EscapeEvade said above, for a more traditional sauce I'd say 2 hours of simmering before cream and 30 minutes after for a more traditional reduced down flavor - for a quicker dish you can also substitute the puree for a tin of condensed cream of tomato soup, works surprisingly well. Also some of the extras Remy mentions like Pancetta and celery (an ingredient most of my family despise so it had slipped my mind when reducing to 6 game elements) are a lot more prevalent in a traditional bolognese I'm given to understand! At least as far as my Cypriot-Italian grandmother would cook it.

Won't help you any more in the game that Remy's dialogue, since she goes through this relatively well with some deliberately distracting talking about extras so you have to pay attention - you just need to pick the ingredients in order from the set shown. But if people want to make this at home, do let me know how it turns out for you!

1) In a skillet on low throw in some olive oil add 1 red onion and 1 yellow onion, sliced to 1-2 inch hemi-circles with around 4-5 diced garlic buds, cook on low for 15-20 minutes while preparing other ingredients with the following spices added 2 cinnamon sticks, 5 bay leaves, 1/2 tsp allspice or mixed spice. 1/2 tsp cardinum ground or 5 cardinum pods and 1/2 tsp pepper.

2) when the onions are softened up and browning pick out the cardinum pods before adding in a 1/4 cup of marsala wine (leaving the bay leaves and cinnamon sticks in) or a splash of water, add 3-4 cubed up bacon strips maybe (I don't, too rich to me). Turn up the heat and add in around 1.5lb ground beef (pork can be more traditional, lamb is good too), add in a splash of Worcestershire sauce, maybe half a beef bullion/stock cube (as an extra I'd add in a little tomato paste). Cook on medium-high until beef is browned.

3) add in around 3 grated carrots (should look, in mass, like around 1/3-1/2 the mass of the meat) and cook for a little while.

4) Now it's time to make it a sauce, you might need to transfer into a larger pot to: add in a big "family pack" of diced or peeled tomatoes (use the lid or a knife to cut up the peeled ones before pouring) and a small pot of tomato puree (if you're in Europe, I'd say two standard diced tomato cans and 2-3 tbs of the puree you get in a tube - American tomatoes have no flavor!) Simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on.

5) add in any dry herbs 3 tbsp oregano, 2tbsp Tyme, margoram, and basil, 1/2 tbsp rosemary and sage unless you have fresh versions (this is around about 5 tbsp of "italian herb mix" with a slight tweak towards basil and away from the sage-y stuffing herbs). Stir in, add 1/2 cup milk if you're using milk, and the juice of half a lemon, simmer for another 15 minutes with the lid on. You can instead use 1/2 cup of heavy cream and simmer for longer (more traditional version). Get water boiling in a side pot whilst you wait!

6) Add in any fresh cut herbs (2/3rds a "bunch" or half a "plant" that you get in a store = 3 tbsp dry) simmer with the lid off for the 10-15 minutes it'll take to cook your pasta (spaghetti is the American and western European standard, tagliatelle or conchiglie is more of a traditional pairing.) Take out the cinnamon and bay leaves before combining with pasta to serve with parmesan (grated fresh!)

Boun Appetito/Kopiaste!

13. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

Not unnerving at all! Actually did not even cross my mind the whole 'animals eating meat' thing til Ponygon brought it up x3

14. KakeiTheWolf

KakeiTheWolf Member

I might just snip out the little section of the .JSON that has the cooking when I play.

15. Frank Guardado

Frank Guardado New Member

This was my fav date, a fur that cooks<3<3 (i'm a cook myself) though in the mini game I was expecting the ingredients to get dark (cooking) as soon as they were added though this surprised me when it happened in the end (after all ingredients were added)

16. J0SLAN

J0SLAN New Member

Disney rules. Mickey owns a dog, and Goofy is an anthro-dog. Cats are shown everywhere, yet Pete is an anthro-cat.