Shoutbox (Disabled)

WheelChair bound Character

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TonyLightfoot, May 25, 2015.

?

Would you like to See one?

1. Yes

35 vote(s)
    67.3%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    32.7%
  1. TonyLightfoot

TonyLightfoot New Member

I know I know, its a year late and 20 Dollars short, I know what the regulations are and all that to get Him/Her in, But would you all be interested in seeing someone like that in the game as someone to Date? Mayhaps a Blind Person? Or why not both?
    What would be your all's thoughts on this :3
    I'm known for making interesting Characters with Physical and Or mental Problems that Thrive with em for RPs and a couple for the stories I write.

P.S.S. Beware The Groove!!

2. Serathinian

Serathinian New Member

I suppose a character with any disability would be good be it physical or mental. Although I think a mental disability may lead to a deeper storyline.

3. TonyLightfoot

TonyLightfoot New Member

They could depending upon the disability. I have a Former Boxing character that is terrified of others, suffers night terrors that force her wake, has phantom pains in thirteen scars along her torso from having screws nailed into her, Schizophrenic, Amnesic; having forgotten her entire 12th year of life, and she's Dyslexic. All but the Dyslexia were caused by her being kidnapped at 13 and Tortured for a night.
    Unfortunately, she's remained rather Shallow due to peoples high interest as a RP character, but the Language barrier she suffered made her extremely hard to Role Play with. I have thought of moving her to my tales, but she would most likely wind up a dumbed down version of herself and be force fed a boyfriend that becomes her 'hero' Then again...
    Sorry having a Seth Moment :3

I've another person that is wheel chair bound with brittle bone and a blood Diese, I keep forgetting the name of, that lets her pretty much bleed to death from just a bruise. Jolly little girl that one, even has High Risk of Cancer from Both, Her parents.

But yeah, which ever route I'm going to take, There will be more going on then Just "Oh look He's in a wheel chair."

4. Draggy101

Draggy101 New Member

As you know, I'm on the wheelchair in real life.

5. TonyLightfoot

TonyLightfoot New Member

Not sure if I should say cool or not right now xD
    I'm not but My brother has been since I could remember :3

6. Serathinian

Serathinian New Member

I have a learning disability and ADHD. It's made my academic life hell.

7. 6DarkRaven9

6DarkRaven9 New Member

I have mental problems and think it could lead to some interesting but quite dramatic/violent situations but since this isn't a horror game.....
    One with a disability like you stated could lead to quite an emotional tale if the writers do it right though, just like any character they design they need a good writer to pull it off otherwise it won't matter who they are/what they are.

8. Dalaxsis

Dalaxsis Member

ADHD? it's a thing of the past for me so is FAE. I passed highschool 3 years ago 36credits I feel it was a waste of time though, it never got me a job anywhere I wanted to be >:O

9. TonyLightfoot

TonyLightfoot New Member

That I agree, which is why I'mma be pulling from my brother to make the lass. She went from just having to in one to also having his Neurological Seizers now (Which will decay her memory over time).

10. TonyLightfoot

TonyLightfoot New Member

ADHD!!! I has that. Its one of them things that you just needed to find that thing. Reading was not a stong point of mine, but writing and the Science! ALL HAIL THE SCIENCE! That was something I was able to do.

11. TonyLightfoot

TonyLightfoot New Member

Still gotta work for that job Mr. Turn around <3 I know I do :3

12. Serathinian

Serathinian New Member

If you're looking for a more dramatic story you may want to go for PTSD or something of the like.

A character that was raped or has an abusive ex would be interesting on the level of trust issues.

It'd make for an emotional sex scene if they're a rape victim. Going through a sexual trauma makes actually having an intimate sex life extremely difficult.

13. TonyLightfoot

TonyLightfoot New Member

You have No idea how hard it is for me to NOT write about that. Atleast about 15% and growing , of my characters have been tortured and or raped now.
    I'm lightly trying to keep it down to earth with just her medical stuff alone.

14. Tyler Kurieta

Tyler Kurieta New Member

I personally enjoy the concept of insanity, as well as some behavioral and personality disorders. Neurological, learning, and permanent physical disorders on the other hand is something that I am less inclined towards.

15. Serathinian

Serathinian New Member

Schizophrenia would be good.

16. Tyler Kurieta

Tyler Kurieta New Member

It certainly would be an entertaining read if done right. But, being the complicated disorder that it is, it would be rather difficult to write a character with it and do Schizophrenia justice.

17. TonyLightfoot

TonyLightfoot New Member

I did Schizophrenia with a character of mine, she was haunted by characters from books her father read to her as well as faceless people from her past. But she did not get very far as the RP she was in died by the third post where she got to the school it took place at. I could dig up her information later and slam it all into a post or something, but she only had two moments where it shown, one was on her way to school where she saw Midna, and was warned of her coming hell, the other was when she entered her room and took a out of no where bat to the face knocking her out.

But to be honest, I've grown tired of the Word Insanity, It's like Cinematic with Video games, It's over used, missed used in context and above all Thrown around like a toy between children that think they have it.
    I'm warped Demented, and think about murder and rape a few times a day, but I'll never say I'm Insane or suffer insanity. I will vouch though that While I do think about this stuff, I'm a lucky one that will never act on it because I'm like Richard Castle, I write about it and get paid to be as warped, demented, and thorough as I can be with the details in and out of the crime scenes.

But anyways, One of the Reasons why Someone with a Physical or mental disability should be done, if not by me, by another, is because people ARE less inclined to them. Its the Uncomfortable feeling of pity that people say they do not have that needs to be addressed. Which I am hoping to achieve a bit with Ceaser.

18. Tyler Kurieta

Tyler Kurieta New Member

For me at least I can't really connect with mentally impaired people in most cases, and in the most extreme cases of neurological disability where the person is literally trapped in their mind, it feels more like torturing that person by prolonging their life and wasting resources that could go to more hopeful cases. The ones who are physically disabled on the other hand are very strong in other ways. Some people with severe illnesses can be nice. But so far in my experience it has been people with depression that I have been able to connect with the most. But different people have different possible connections.

19. TonyLightfoot

TonyLightfoot New Member

That would do it. I've only even been around the strong willeded ones. I tend to forget that people react diffrently to things like my mother did when my brother got hit with all his medical probles at 2

20. Serathinian

Serathinian New Member

Bi-polar disorder can be a big source of drama. Dating someone with sudden irrational mood swings is a big hurdle to jump over as far as maintaining a relationship goes.