Shoutbox (Disabled)

What's the word?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glewd, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Glewd

Glewd New Member

Hello everyone, I remember a while back there was a journal on FA wanting a hitspark animator, but I haven't heard much else about this game. Do you guys have any info you'd like to share?

I have a few questions and observations I'd also like to ask.

From what I can tell, you guys are using Spine, which is alot like this program "Spriter" I've been eyeballing. Is it user friendly? I noticed that its easy to swap parts out, for things like clothes, but what about using multiple poses? It seems like it might be a lot of work, but I think it may add a nice touch to some of the animations.

Will this be multiplayer? If so, will it be a co-op, versus, both, or a hybrid?

Do you have plans of adding multiple characters?

I think that's all I can really think of right now to ask. It was a pretty scatter shot post, lol

2. Prometheus

Prometheus Team Amorous Team Amorous

I can't answer anything definitive about the game's design right now, but we have a particular design that we're working with for now. I'll leave it to Jason if he wants to confirm anything.

I can answer a little bit about Spine. I'm not the one using it for content creation, but the run-time for Unity is pretty nice. It blends the skeleton poses between animations in a configurable way, and it performs excellently. It also handles re-skinning, such that the same animation set can be used to control a character with different clothing, for example.

3. DaraSilverDragon

DaraSilverDragon Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

Sweet, so if 2 people want to play the same character, you'll be able to do the standard beat-em-up style palette swap?

4. Cyborg-Lucario

Cyborg-Lucario Active Member

Excuse me for asking, and maybe being a bit off-topic, but what's Bareback Street?
    I understand it's a fighting game, but that's it.

5. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

@Prometheus more meant sharing the same animation over multiple characters that look different (compare it to a 3D game, you make the animation to walk once, then re-use it on as much models as possible). The recoloring is already possible :)

6. Nadia

Nadia Member

It's afaik planned to be a Furry Themed brawler, where you can beat up enemys but also has Sex elements.
    But it is so early in development that most of it are just concepts right now.

Thats all we know until we get more infos from the Devs here.^^

7. Jasonafex

Jasonafex Team Amorous Team Amorous

Bare Backstreets is our B project for when we can't allocate our time to Amorous for various reasons. We've currently got the player and around 5 enemies fully animated, however a proper stage is still in it's early phases.

Spine is a fantastic animating tool, you can learn how to use it within a couple hours of tutorials and be on your way, however some of the more complicated components such as weights and meshes may take greater experience.

Thanks to Spine, Bare Backstreets got supercharged in terms of production and is quickly turning into something tangible rather then just a concept. It would be impossible had we had stuck with frame-by-frame.

We want the gameplay to be fun and satisfying without the presence of adult material, currently aiming to be on-par with the classics (Primarily Streets of Rage 2, so features such as sprinting and special attacks are going to be present). Gameplay is designed around a sexual payoff however, with your only indication for health being how much clothing remains on your character, sex scenes when at critical health and comical, furry themed weapons, enemies and stages.

Thanks to expanding our staff, a prototype for the game may be around the corner!

8. Robyn

Robyn Active Member

"Sex scenes when at critical health". I can already see that I'll never be able to finish this game.

Lucskay and Connery like this.
  9. Patrigue

Patrigue Member

That's actually pretty ingenious. I never would have thought of that.

10. DaraSilverDragon

DaraSilverDragon Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

^^^ This mechanic reminds me of those sidescrolling flash games where you beat up or dodge enemies and lose clothes as you get hit, and if you get fucked too much you lose

11. Napalm74

Napalm74 Member

Yeah i just cant wait for all the games

12. Robyn

Robyn Active Member

Just gonna post this for the sake of it.

I wonder if the game will have a "taunt" action of sorts that can work as a distraction to the enemies.

Could be a neat feature.

13. RoyArtorius

RoyArtorius Master Knight of the Dark Lord Team Amorous Moderator

Sounds neat, but we have no buttons combinations for another player action (as far as I'm aware)

14. RoyArtorius

RoyArtorius Master Knight of the Dark Lord Team Amorous Moderator

15. Asriel Dreamurr

Asriel Dreamurr Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

16. Endium.exe

Endium.exe Active Member

all of my yes

17. Frothgar

Frothgar Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

Looking awesome Aldon, can't wait to play the demo :amlaughing:

18. Patrigue

Patrigue Member