Shoutbox (Disabled)

What would you like to see for BBS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lennian, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Original post: http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/6870521/

---

• An optional tutorial level involving Kane teaching Verge the ropes, covering all game-play mechanics
    • A second playable stage
    • A second playable character

We're already under way addressing bugs that have been discovered in our demo. We have also made plans to make tweaks to the speed of attacks, bigger hitboxes on some attacks and smarter AI.

Everyone is welcome to make any general wishes for the game or features you may like to see in the future. Now that the demo is revealed and public, we can be far more transparent about it's development. As mentioned in the post for the game, continued development will only be possible with funding from The BBS Patreon. Similar to Amorous, we plan to make all updates and eventual full release of the game free for everyone.

BBS was actually my original plan when deciding to create a game, however back then we lacked the proper tools to get a good start without things falling flat. Traditional animation wasn't working out and we struggled getting a build together forming only staff that was willing to work for free. Amorous started as an idea for simplicity, funnily enough it is now the more demanding game requiring more simultaneous programmers and frequently falling victim to delays due to how big it's feature list has become. We do plan on completing both games as planned but with different staff so both can move forward. Amorous may be switched to a per-update charge system (Meaning supporters are no longer being charged monthly) as I'm concerned about it's progress being slower then BBS at the current time.

FireWolfAlpha likes this.
  2. MuppetNecking

MuppetNecking Active Member

I'm thinking...another character.

3. Hibari Xanxus

Hibari Xanxus Member Team Amorous Supporter

Tutorial level would be nice.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  4. Ganerumo

Ganerumo New Member

A tutorial if only to see a bit of Kane. If the bugs with the current stage are fixed and some cheat options are added in there's not gonna be any need for a second stage that early in development. As for a second character, as nice as that sounds it's also the kind of thing that should be added rather late in development, after the main character has had all the bugs ironed out and cleaned up.

Also, a debug mode and cheat codes. Lots and lots of cheat codes. These games are a whole lot funnier when you're given the ability to pretty much do whatever you want once you've beaten it at least once.

5. Frothgar

Frothgar Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

I would have to say the tutorial level as well, another character is nice but I agree with Gane in that should be a option later down that line once the the base game is more polished.

6. Endium.exe

Endium.exe Active Member

Definitely a tutorial to start out with ^

Kyle Bique likes this.
  7. azuredragoon

azuredragoon New Member

Second Character, and options in menu to tweak which enemies/kinks/sexes spawn.

8. Asriel Dreamurr

Asriel Dreamurr Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

All options are appreciable, but i'll vote more for a second character !

9. Flibble

Flibble Moderator of the Dark Lord Team Amorous Moderator

I'm going for Tutorial.

10. Xean

Xean New Member

I dunno about a tutorial...I mean we basically learned the game in the first 5 minutes haha.

My two cents would be on making the left-right character transitions quicker (takes about a sec right now to turn, another sec to actually hit something), and a "I'm in pain!" face for the enemies. Right now they just smile when they're hit, which is kinda sadistic.

11. Frothgar

Frothgar Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

"We're already under way addressing bugs that have been discovered in our demo. We have also made plans to make tweaks to the speed of attacks, bigger hitboxes on some attacks and smarter AI."

That is something they are already working on for coming up patches, this request seems to be more towards additional content. :amlaughing:

12. Bourlingueur

Bourlingueur Member

I would be all for a tutorial. :)

13. LaFway

LaFway New Member

I think a tutorial would be nice just so new players know what to do rather then figure out things though trial and error like myself lol took me a while to find out how play and lost a lot xD

14. drameron

drameron New Member

Tutorial definately, it took me some time to learn the effect of the weapon with out any explaination for the....uh...many things

15. Jacob Applehoof

Jacob Applehoof New Member

I'd like a tutorial, but if another character could provide some visual/gameplay variation, I'd be for that.

16. Zan

Zan New Member

Personally, I think the tutorial would really help not only on how to practice some of the combos that the characters can do, but this could also help with any new changes being put in.

17. XanderScarlet

XanderScarlet New Member

i'll go for the tutorial, there's really no need to hurry going deeper in game without some move practice.

18. Solana

Solana New Member

I would actually like to see an option to turn off certain enemy characters. Personal preference, but I'm not a fan of the females.

RobinRemy13 likes this.
  19. Artlan

Artlan New Member

I'd definitely go for some females without dicks

20. Giul Xainx

Giul Xainx New Member

If you make a tutorial... force everyone to play it every time you boot it up.

(Hater of tutorials here. I want others to feel the same way I do.)