Shoutbox (Disabled)

What/Where is the fursona maker? Also, idea.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glewd, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Glewd

Glewd New Member

Is it in the Amorous game or is it a separate application? Also, I think it'd be really interesting to see a sort of Bareback Street meets Amorous multiplayer chatroom thingy where people can have their fursona interact with others. This obviously lends itself to nsfw applications, but it could potentially be a social media outlet of its own. What do you think?

Zel Rai and arrow like this.
  2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Fursona Maker is going to be @Kabiers baby and will most likely be based around a later version of the character designer in Amorous with a lot of extra's. I'll leave it to her to tell you more, if she wants.

3. Robyn

Robyn Active Member

The only thing I ask for, if not beg for, is to, please, include a feline :c

Shadence, Dex Amicus and Nadia like this.
  4. Marin

Marin New Member

Wait, didn't the Amorous in-game character creator have felines? I thought it did? I'm sure it'll be in the standalone version too! I'll just wait to see what @Kabier has to say :)

5. Kabier

Kabier Team Amorous Team Amorous

Sorry for my late reply! Been very busy with moving and such.

The fursona creator will be a stand alone application. Basically taking the character creator from Amorous and adding heaps more assets so you can really go nuts on what you can create!

There was a feline muzzle, ears, tail and paws included in the Amorous character creator! :)

Shadence and Dex Amicus like this.
  6. DaraSilverDragon

DaraSilverDragon Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

Sounds great~
    Will files exported by the character creator be able to be read by Amorous and BBS, for use in them? That would be cool beans

7. Robyn

Robyn Active Member

Oh, don't be sorry at all. I've read your journals, I just hope everything goes well for you.

Yeah, I played it for a second time and realized the ears, tail and paws were there (oops). I think my only problem is the muzzle. It's short, but it seems more... lupine-ish than feline. I mean it's nothing major, it's just a muzzle, gameplay's still gonna be the same afterall. But it'd still be something neat.

#FelineRepresent

8. Kabier

Unfortunately that wont be a possibility as of now. BBS doesn't have a character creator, and implementing new assets for the character creator into Amorous would mean that every time the player shows up ingame, those assets would need to be drawn again and again. It was already a struggle doing so with it's current amount of customization!

Though that doesn't mean we wont be able to make small additions in the far future. Main priority is getting the game finished first before revising/adding new assets to the creator. :)

9. Asriel Dreamurr

Asriel Dreamurr Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

Can't wait for me to show what I can do with this new stand alone !

10. Scarf Folfby

Scarf Folfby New Member

the fursona maker (focusing on the unique body patterns) could possibly be open for other artists or yourself to upload an image . just sayin :333 great stuff in the new version btw!

11. Kabier

I'm gonna try to stay away from what some of the more popular character templates / creators are doing in regards to having multiple artists contribute assets. I haven't had the best experiences when collaborating with other artists and would prefer to just work on the assets myself. That way I know that everything gets done on time.

12. soulus42

soulus42 Member Team Amorous Supporter

Well, it sounds like it will be very fun when it is available. Have wanted to make a sona and it's a bit awkward trying to get the details right when you can't draw :p

Kirari0Shiino likes this.
  13. Kabier

You're exactly the target audience for this project :) . I want to provide a way for people who may not have the money to buy a character template / commission a picture of their sona to be able to be able to create one tailored exactly to their liking in an easy, user friendly interface. One thing that really bothers me about character templates is that people who don't have SAI, Photoshop, MS etc can't even make use of them at all. Not to mention any of these programs have quite the learning curve to begin with.

14. soulus42

soulus42 Member Team Amorous Supporter

I do admit, I would find this greatly useful. While I have tried in the past to use SAI, I found that to be able to do anything remotely good I would need a tablet+pen. Did try my hand at using the lineart... admittedly it was okay-ish but was extremely poor work in my eyes.

15. DaraSilverDragon

DaraSilverDragon Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

Out of curiosity, will there be an export function where your character is saved to a png in the install directory?

16. Kabier

That's not a bad idea! I can't see it being to difficult to add that in when the time comes, but I will speak to the programmer about it. :)

NitrousTheIceFox, Snivy and K3TA like this.
  17. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Totally possible! Was also planned for Amorous, just didn't come round to it yet.

NitrousTheIceFox and Zack_Salem like this.
  18. Kazuma Mishamura

Kazuma Mishamura New Member

Wow this actually seems like a wonderful idea, I don't really have a good ref of myself and I want to be able to use something for artists to use when drawing me but it's so hard to get everything right in writing; and German Shepherds have so many variations that it can get even worse when trying to draw from a concept. Like my icon isn't even fully correct but I felt bad having my friend make edits over and over I accepted it and felt it was pretty close to what I wanted.

19. TonyTen

TonyTen New Member

Sounds wonderful, not that many sona creators that are good, cant wait to see the separate application! Silly question, is there a version accesible already for this?

20. Zai Kun

Zai Kun New Member

So exactly where can I find the fursona maker tool thing? Already have Amorous and Bare Back Streets. I would really really like to have the fursona maker too. I would gladly support the patreon if I had the money too.