Shoutbox (Disabled)

News What the bleep is going on?!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lennian, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

So it's been a wild ride for us, but rather quiet for you guys. We can assure you Amorous is still very much in progress.

My last post on Twitter was about the new launcher I was working on, but not soon after that an opportunity opened up to publish Amorous through Steam instead. This obviously rendering all my work on the new launcher useless, but I can get over that :') Still learned a lot in the process, but I'm also very well aware I could never beat Steam anyway. And why would you! It opens up an interesting array of options as well.

That said, v0.9 has been in a release-state for a while, but has been simmering on the stove in preparation of an actual Steam release. With that comes a few cool extras! For most, obviously a (by default enabled) SFW mode. Not only does this make the game much more accessible to the greater public, it's also a much requested feature from people who just want to enjoy a date sim and don't really need all the dicks and tits flying around (myself included personally). A challenge was obviously the sex-scenes, but I think we solved that in a very nice way, but I won't spoil that yet.

We also made it possible to save and load your game during dialogue, as well as adding back the text-speed button above the dialogue-box. Besides the usual bugfixes we also did a cleanup pass on all of the existing dates and added the first fourth date to wrap up loose ends, starting with Zenith.

More might come as part of v0.9 still, but right now the focus is getting the Steam release out. We ask you to remain patient as we do so. People familiair with the Steam platform might now this takes time. As soon as our store page is up and approved, we can jump to the next phase of the process and upload a build for Steam to look at, after which things go fast.

This means that the launcher as we have it right now will remain in the state it is in and not receive further updates. Once Amorous is fully served through Steam, I will move BBS/FM elsewhere without the launcher dependency.

Thank you for reading!

Lennian on behalf of Team Amorous

2. servicenginxreload

servicenginxreload Member

Thanks for the update Lennian. I was starting to wonder what was going on :)

And it's great to see it on Steam, although now I can't hide it off my Steam account ;)

3. Lennian

Why would you if it's SWF :) Most people have one of those anime titles on their name, so why not a furry version. Most likely the intentions are less perverted :p

Firedow likes this.
  4. servicenginxreload

servicenginxreload Member

I just have a lot of people I know in real life and some people I work with added on Steam, and while my profile picture is furry, I feel like Amorous would just rub the wrong way with them. They're judgmental as hell and it took a while before they warmed up to furry stuff in general.

That being said, I'll probably still download it on Steam. Fuck 'em, I guess lol.

5. Lennian

I can always add a "Hide from Steam" mode where it's downloaded from Steam, but doesn't actually run through it.

6. Niko_Wildes

Niko_Wildes New Member

Hey bruv, thanks for the update! I'm sure we all can wait patiently. X3 We all know we can't rush a good piece of art. And about the SFW mode, can we switch from SFW to NSFW and vice versa? Cuz I know Steam is really a headache and a pain in the arse when it comes to 18+ stuff. Also, if you're waiting on Steam for the approval, it's gonna take ages. I suggest getting a cup of tea and some crumpets. Cuz you know, Gaben Newell. Love your game and keep up the awesome work! XD

7. Doonbal

Doonbal Active Member

The real question is. Will there be a trading card game about it :po_O

Niko_Wildes likes this.
  8. StarfallRaptor

StarfallRaptor Member

FOURTH DATES? YESSSSSS!

Niko_Wildes likes this.
  9. Lawler

Lawler New Member

Tbh I alr linked the game .exe launcher to steam alr lol

10. FurLovingDragon

FurLovingDragon Member

That was really unfortunate - to see the game getting up on Steam! I'm really anixous about that 'cause that makes me clean up my drives on PC, which is always a good thing. And since I'm on Steam for a very long time (I just say Team Fortress 2) it makes it easier to play this game.

The fourth dates thing is also very interesting and - hopefully - it ends up in a different sex scene. Can't wait to see that!

When the year here starts with that kind of a blast, I don't know what could be going wrong. Keep going, Lennian and Team Amorous!

11. Lawler

Lawler New Member

I wonder what if someone anonymously donates a billion dollars to amorous

KoolGee, Butterderp and Niko_Wildes like this.
  12. FurryforFun

FurryforFun New Member

Will the game still be free on steam?

Niko_Wildes likes this.
  13. Niko_Wildes

Niko_Wildes New Member

Yup. It will. Jasonafex said in Twitter. There's even a SFW mode for those who just wants a dating sim. It's activated by default though. Not sure whether can we switch between SFW and NSFW mode and vice versa or not. Cuz Volvo is a pain in the arse to deal with. XP

14. FurryforFun

FurryforFun New Member

cool thanks :3

Niko_Wildes likes this.
  15. Niko_Wildes

Niko_Wildes New Member

No problem. :3

16. Drakco

Drakco New Member

This is probably a stupid question but are old saves transferable or do I have to start from scratch? And i'm talking about the Steam & itch versions.

Niko_Wildes and Butterderp like this.
  17. Lawler

Lawler New Member

They said they may include a function to save in between dialogue which might make it incompatible with old saves, I don't know maybe..Anyway I would just restart and play again

18. Drakco

Drakco New Member

I ask not because i don't want to replay it.
    It's more like I don't want to remake my character(s), because even though I can't see them i'm meticulous when making whenever i'm making my own game character, but hey i'll live.

19. Butterderp

Butterderp New Member

The real question, WILL THERE BE CUM animations? :p

20. Asot

Asot New Member Team Amorous Supporter

I would like to know if Vergence is going to show up in the game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.