Shoutbox (Disabled)

Support Virus? Not loading?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Gidget, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Gidget

Gidget New Member

I went to download the new V 0.4 Amorous today off of the patreon page, which lead me to download the new launcher, as my previous V 0.3 launcher was not working. However upon downloading the file; FurPowered.Client.Windows.zip, because I'm running on Windows 10, I received a warning from my computer that it had found a Trojan Virus, Trojan (HEUR/QVM03.0.438B.Malware.Gen) , on the file. I deleted the file and tried again twice, yet still get the Trojan warning. Do I have the wrong download, or has something gone wrong with the download?

2. RoyArtorius

RoyArtorius Master Knight of the Dark Lord Team Amorous Moderator

Ignore virus warnings regarding this game and launcher. It's just security program being over sensitive.

3. Gidget

Gidget New Member

I ignored the Trojan notification, but later it started an actual Trojan, What do I do?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  4. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Just for future reference: HEUR virus notifications on programs you are inclined to trust are usually false positives. Your virusscanner simply thinks it recognizes a common pattern viruses have.

5. Gidget

Gidget New Member

Update: I let the program get past the Trojan warning, as you mentioned similarities leading to false alarms, yet my computer again stopped the "Trojan" and automatically cut it off. I ran a full security scan on my computer, (that took just now finished) that believed this download to be the only issue. Am I just out of luck for now, or is there some magical way to fix this?

6. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Sorry, you will just have to clearly instruct your PC not to mess with our launcher. If it does this for the launcher, it will also do so for the game. So exclude the folder the launcher is in or so.