Shoutbox (Disabled)

Video Games: Your Play Style

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Scrydan, May 2, 2016.

?

Would the world be damned if you played in their world?

1. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. I don't really care either way.

2. I want everyone to be finally happy! I don't care what it takes!

3. Everyone shall be used for my benefit! I seriously only need them for their usefulness.

4. Everything's life...is meaningless. I shall show the world how damned it truly is to have me in it!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Scrydan

Scrydan Active Member Team Amorous Supporter Dark Army Enthusiast

What do you like to do in a game? Do you like to take out your frustrations? Do you want to escape as a different character? Are you the type to be completely different than you would irl? Let us know what you enjoy doing in a video game. For example, in a video game that'd allow you to do mostly whatever you want with its world and host of various characters, what would you be to everyone? Their last hope? Someone wishing them all pain? I am curious to see various answers. :p

I'll post my answer a bit later.

2. Blackfangs

Blackfangs Member Dark Army Enthusiast

I try to balance things out or question my morals before heading into a situation, If you've ever played Deus Ex before it gives the player many choices and shaping the world around you with good or bad consequences..

3. theWatcher

theWatcher Member

I become the person I want to be, not bound by my poor articulation of mental thoughts. I play for progress in open-ended games (like warframe/space engineers), RPGs I play for the story, so I will at some point in the many timelines screw over the kingdom 'to see what happens' (50/50 chance I turn this orphanage into a factory, gotta have those evil points).
    Amorous on the other hand, changes my entire play style, leading to me only going through each date once. This difference is why I watch.

4. MrPseudonym

MrPseudonym New Member

I just finished HL2:E1 for the second time. It felt like some tack-on they put in to bridge the gap between HL2 and E2.

Anyways, yeah, I like to feel good in games. I'm simple.

5. Raine

Raine Member Team Amorous Supporter Dark Army Enthusiast

Im usually pretty neutral and do good and bad in games, if i can choose to do quest either good way or evil way i would mostly take the evil way.

6. Scrydan

Scrydan Active Member Team Amorous Supporter Dark Army Enthusiast

In most games, with GTA series and types like it being an exception (for obvious reasons), I try to go for the best endings and find all the secrets. Of course, once I complete that, I may wish to then mod/cheat or abuse the system to its limits just to see what happens. I always have enjoyed corruption videos, but I do enjoy seeing "what ifs" that I may not find at first. I do enjoy games with much freedom.

I do want to play a game where I can be my "alternate" self where its evil isn't some lowly minion or absolute scum lord. I want to rule the world darn it! Not what its idea of ruling is either...and that day may come soon! Bawhaha~!
    GTA V at least helps with just random chaos in me that needs burning out. Good stress reliever. :p
    Trevor in his ultimate way of pissing everyone off!

Now often times I play in alternate personas because regular old me is sort of in the middle, leaning towards good. So it is usually either "Better me" or "I am making this world better, trust me!" lol, even if that's Lord Mazon's opinion of what he does for Desteria.

Edit: And it is about darn time I posted 100 posts. Took me long enough...

7. Weird Kitty

Weird Kitty Active Member

I usually play video games that I previously research a lot on. It's kinda shitty to waste money or time on something that doesn't have much meaning. Based on the mean factor I usually avoid heavy marketed AAA titles because they are simply not my thing. I like challenging games mostly with a taste of hardcore gameplay, shows why I am a huge fan of Dark Souls and Hotline Miami. I usually play for the single player satisfaction and accomplishment not much more than that, defeating hard bosses, completing all the games achievements are all a great way to pass time. I usually play RPGs always trying to push a hard difficulty especially if it's a game I like but I think in general is mostly about the accomplishment and less about the escapism.

I think my guilt when it comes to video games personas are in MMORPGS which I usually have one and one only I play at each time. These last couple years I've been into FFXIV which I invest a good amount of hours of my week in hardcore raiding but also RP a lot. The community is great and friendly and due to the game's design it's an amazing RP plataform. So when it comes to that game in particular I guess it does serve as a way to escape from reality. I am not a person who likes the simplicity of good and evil so I whenever I play game with a lot of social aspects I just input my own self into my character.

8. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Go play The Witcher 3 scrub :3

Weird Kitty likes this.
  9. Daemyx

Daemyx Member

I just like cool combos and movement- oh you mean games with dialogue stuff and choices

Well trying to do everything the "right" way can either be a challenge or the easier option, but it's always satisfying to tie up every loose end and have a flawless play through.

10. Weird Kitty

Weird Kitty Active Member

What if I do then? You are not my real dad!

11. Fluff The Sergal

Fluff The Sergal New Member

I just do what makes sense... Usually having enemies is logical, so I try to be neutral. If I end up having to take sides in an RPG, then it usually is with the group I agree and/or relate with most.

12. Ruslan

Ruslan New Member

See; Conniving Dickbag.

I play warthunder, mainly since I have nothing else, but when games aren't fair (I have a maus, worst tier V heavy tank because it lacks any of the brand new BS ammo, that penetrates 400+ mm of armor.) I usually go the "be a massive dick, but a smart one route." I found a way to escape the boundaries of the map, drove my 180 ton tank over a hill and proceeded to broadside my enemies while they couldn't figure out where it's coming from.
    [​IMG]
    Hey, it's not cheating if the game was made unfair... I'm just evening the odds.

I had a way longer response than that but I think I was just rambling so I cut that in like, half.

EDIT; Image added.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  13. SapphireBlaz3

SapphireBlaz3 Member

Video Game Preferences? really like the Run and Gun type games, fast paced and simple, although, i do like Zelda, and Soul Calibur, not a super fan of RPG's but I have played Final Fantasy and a few other RPGish games

14. zzRedzz

zzRedzz New Member

If I get to play how I want to play, I usually end up trying to be the most neutral good I can be (with the exception of sometimes I'll see someone with a really cool jacket that I just have to have, but I can only have if I kill them for it). If I'm forced to play evil then I become as much of a children's movie supervillain as I can.