Shoutbox (Disabled)

Closed Typos and grammar

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Lennian, Nov 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Please post all your findings in here. Please try not to post the same one over and over.

Important!
    Please press TAB and make a screenshot using F12: The information on-screen will tell me exactly where I have to be to fix it. Screenshots will be located inside the appropriate game-folder in your launcher folder.

Also, don't feel said when I remove your post without warning, just keeping stuff clean.

2. Female Spambot

Female Spambot New Member

It makes me really sad to see there's still no options for the PRONOUNS used in regards to the character. I (and many others) don't want to be referred to as exclusively "he" when there are options for female appearances. There needs to be at least one other option here. This is an extremely simple change that would greatly please many fans! :)

3. Lennian

It's far from a simple change as it requires different paths in the dialogues to make this happen. I can't just wildly rig the code to replace the word "he" with "she" either. Not too mention sexscenes would make no sense and Jasonafex is not planning on making two per date. As stated many times before, the protagonist is male and this unlikely to change.

4. Crashh

Crashh New Member

Sethdate
    Stage:30
    (i dont know if you need this part but fuck it) Path: 0:78>0:179>0:179>0:180
    Current: 0:180

There's a "to" that's spelled like "ot"

5. Crashh

Crashh New Member

#1: JaxDate
    Stage:30
    Path: 0:157>0:16>0:17>0:17
    Current: 0:17
    "I haven't seen my SO in ages"
    (not sure if this is a typo or not but just letting yuh guys know)

#2: is another one in the Jax catigory i got a screenshot of
    [​IMG]

6. Aero Nova

Aero Nova New Member

Please let me edit every single entry of dialogue in this game... I love it to death but the spelling, the grammar, it's killing me over here! I would seriously edit all of it. That is how much it's killing me inside!

Sarim likes this.
  7. Crashh

Crashh New Member

That's why i'm here. XD When i'm in game I get so immersed in the story but when i see a typo im like "WHAT THE FUCK! I WAS ENJOYING THIS!"

8. Aero Nova

Aero Nova New Member

Right? Haha

9. Lennian

I would if I could, but being able to rip out all lines of text, put them up for proof-reading and getting them back in the game which develops itself at a rapid speed, the logistics behind this is insane and I rather not waste time on that short before x-mas vacation. This whole thing is like an inch away from being able to localize the game in different languages. Maybe somewhere next year.

10. Sarim

Sarim New Member

I'll have to go back through V 0.4 tomorrow, I did notice quite a few "then"s instead of "than"s. Also there were a few word omissions as well. Overall I'm very impressed with the game, just a bit of a grammar snob.

11. ryan davidson

ryan davidson New Member

Alright, so for starters in a new game during the prologue if you choose to play video games with Coby, there is a small error in the dialogue. It talks about switching to fighting games and your character says that no matter what character he picked Coby seemed to know what he was doing better you. I am pretty your you meant to have it say better than you.

Then there were a few typos during Dustin's sex scene. The first was right after he started really thrusting into the character. Your text has the character mention that a "Hot strange of pre pulsing out my own needful cock." Guessing it is supposed to say hot strand of pre pulsing out instead.

Then I think the second line after that says "by tratorous length twitching and throbbing even more at the thought of being possessed by this virile beast." Again I can tell it was supposed to be my traitorous length instead. Also sorry if this annoys you, but I am unsure if it is in the bug section yet, but since I am already writing this post up, I noticed that several of the muzzles seem to float just a little above the face during character customization to where they don't sit right and there is a slight shadow on the face from them. I really hope after seeing this you will go check out my feedback and wish thing, so you don't just get the negative side of what I had to say.

12. Legend Heart

Legend Heart Member

Before I go spamming away multiple large images that take up a large portion of the screen, is there any way to submit my findings in bulk? I am currently running through the game to find some, and don't want to fill up this entire page. Also is there a page of typos that have already been found, but just not updated, so I'm not repeating the stuff you guys are already working on. Nvm :D

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  13. goldfish911

goldfish911 New Member

You could upload them to imgur as an "album" I believe - that way, you can post a single link that links to all of the images at once :/

Legend Heart likes this.
  14. Legend Heart

Legend Heart Member

Hey, just some typos I've come across to help you guys! (Using "Spoiler" for organization and spoilers)

Cutscene: Prologue
    Stage: 30
    Path: 0:31 > 0:32 > 0:33 > 0:34
    "The whole thing still feels kind of surreal...or if it's just one of those dreams again"
    Edit(s): Just another extra space between "of" and "those".
    [​IMG]

Cutscene: Prologue
    Stage: 10
    Path: 0:25 > 0:26 > 0:26 > 0:27
    "Yeah I got that part... and all I can here is bed squeaks and bird squawks"
    Edit(s): "here" should be "hear".
    [​IMG]

Cutscene: CobyDate
    Path: 0:61 > 0:62 > 0:62 > 0:63
    "He bounced his lower body while remaining in place upon the bed... I could feel myself getting hard just getting this hands on."
    Edit(s): Just an extra space between "getting" and "this".
    [​IMG]

Path: 0:75 > 0:165 > 0:76 > 0:77 > 0:78
    "Returning the favour, Coby... crease of his backside, Adding extra enticement"
    Edit(s): "favour" is a word, but I don't know if it is used corectly here. / I think "Adding" should be lowercased, coming after a comma.
    [​IMG]

Path: 0:78 > 0:79 > 0:79 > 0:80
    "He could sense my hesitations...against his dripping wet rear, Glistening beneath my arousal"
    Edit(s): I don't think "Glistening" needs to be capitalized.
    [​IMG]

Havn't found any typos in Dustin's Dates yet. *Thumbs up*

Hoping this helps. I will continue to search, and update you guys with my findings.

PS: Thanks again Team Amorous!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  15. servicenginxreload

servicenginxreload Member

Hey there, I played back through Skye's path tonight, so here's some of the mistakes I found. (starting at first date)

I probably missed a couple because I was trying to actually read the dialogue and didn't screenshot, or I accidentally clicked past some dialogue. I might even have missed something in the ones I did screenshot. If any of these have already been reported, and some probably have, my apologies.

Thanks to all of Team Amorous for this. It's been surprisingly enjoyable for me.

(wrote this up from 4:00-7:05am, so don't expect perfection :p)

I hate to link to an external site, but with the limitations on the forum software it's not viable to post it all here, even in a spoiler. It's barebones html, no other resources besides the images being loaded.

https://thunderfox.nl/amorousfixes.html

I might have any mistakes I find on Jax's path posted tomorrow or the day after, depending when I play through again.

16. MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune Active Member

I'm sorry that I didn't take screenshots of what I found: I kept using the printscreen key, since I didn't realize F12 took screenshots natively. I remember seeing about 5 typos in total, 3 of them in Seth's story.

17. Crashh

Crashh New Member

ok, i'm gonna seem like a MAJOR grammar Nazi but FUCK IT!

I only have one question: when is the tilde key EVER used in English language???
    [​IMG]

18. servicenginxreload

Here's what I happened to catch while going through Zenith's path.

[​IMG]
    Should be a period after "any time to react".

[​IMG]
    "I was relieved to see Zenith sitting besides a tree."

Should be just "beside".

[​IMG]
    "So, I seee you didn't bring anything to the picnic, huh?"

Extra e in see. Not sure if it was intentional or not (perhaps to extend the e sound), but figured I'd point it out.

[​IMG]
    "Then I became too dependant on him."

Dependant is a thing in British English, but it's used as a noun, rather than an adjective like here. Replace with dependent.

[​IMG]
    "Had you not stirred up that arguement back then,"

Should be argument.

[​IMG]
    "...we groaned softly against one another as our hands roamed and explored eachother's bodies."

"eachother's" is two words. Each other's.

[​IMG]
    "When I got hear his chest,"

Fix spelling of near.

[​IMG]
    "I half-lidded my eyes and wink slyly at Zenith."

Should be "winked slyly at Zenith."

[​IMG]
    "We both shot eachother lustful stares before he laughed and waved goodbye."

Each other, two words.

[​IMG]
    "Knew I could count on you."

A little meh, but it would probably sound better as "I knew I could count on you."

[​IMG]
    "Yeah,I found some in the cabinet here..."

Just a little annoying thing. Add space after ,

[​IMG]
    "I did want this Badly."

Badly should be lowercase.

[​IMG]
    "We looked eachother in the eyes..."

Each other, two words.

[​IMG]
    "Without even realzing it,"

Fix spelling of realizing.

[​IMG]
    "I honeslty couldn't believe I took him all the way."

Fix spelling of honestly.

[​IMG]
    "I stared down, watching the joining of out bodies as best I could..."

Fix spelling of "our bodies".

[​IMG]
    "Zenith simple laid back and watched as I rode him."

Fix spelling of "Zenith simply".

Managed to actually fit it all in a spoiler this time, haha.

19. Lennian

Big thank you @servicenginxreload - very thorough and complete, can immediately get to fixing these :)

20. servicenginxreload

@Lennian Anytime, needed something to do to pass the time, haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.