Shoutbox (Disabled)

Closed TODO: Unload unused assets to free memory

Discussion in 'Closed' started by SilencedOne, Nov 19, 2016.

1. SilencedOne

SilencedOne New Member

Sorry to bother all of the mods (since I know the forums are just OVERFLOWING with crash reports)
    but I figured I'd post this here in case it could be useful.

I've gotten several crashes from different scenarios, and I've got the logs for the many crashes, so perhaps we could link them together to find out what's causing what.

I believe this first one was caused by walking around in the different rooms in the club (hence the OutOfMemoryException) Maybe for some reason it is storing all the room data all at once? (It could also be I just have a bad computer)

[0000.05] Error: Unhandled exception: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)
    at _kgDqAUcag0HypKBvL45Rb0Kr53H._AY0WeNnuiPPZmnKAkrPPBVBDbtz[]() in _T8Ki3OeXz9wUlOa7eVOLOtQGfpb:line 523
    at _kgDqAUcag0HypKBvL45Rb0Kr53H._s1HgQVhTJVCt27Ez3imDucAtkie[]() in _T8Ki3OeXz9wUlOa7eVOLOtQGfpb:line 485
    at _BGDjOOG2WPHUeS8g0eufJMS6QuC`1._zIpIOhABH579s7XCuxgpgX9zsby(GameTime ) in _O6hHlCO2mCb3wiUUtCuaRdW7xml:line 49
    at _kgDqAUcag0HypKBvL45Rb0Kr53H._zIpIOhABH579s7XCuxgpgX9zsby(GameTime ) in _T8Ki3OeXz9wUlOa7eVOLOtQGfpb:line 245
    at _3hx82imJ4Og9mgE58epPGISb19E._zIpIOhABH579s7XCuxgpgX9zsby(GameTime ) in _poZs4dJ9Sa6dsxWDGzmLa12olsZ:line 78
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
    at _8nVaf3yjm6bcC1Cp2wKyElgegaj._BHJf2c6GTW4qpzl71uAWe4jEeTC() in _5ofEB9D8PEAoelGzdy38UJCovGi:line 38

I believe this was the log from attempting to go to the theaters with Dustin. Crash occurs as soon as it attempts to change the scene from the bedroom to where ever I go (presumably the theaters)

[0000.01] Error: Unhandled exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException' was thrown.
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.SongReader.Read(ContentReader input, Song existingInstance)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentTypeReader`1.Read(ContentReader input, Object existingInstance)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InnerReadObject[T](T existingInstance)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject[T](T existingInstance)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject[T]()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
    at _3dML36jyBxWnPK1JWORdmAoPG0b._abSlAKaQaG8dLj2nu712njKqCiI(String , Single , Boolean ) in _Pi4CKKHdenk0ypiHSaB1EbERZcqb:line 44
    at Amorous.Game.Scenes.CinemaLobbyScene..ctor(_kgDqAUcag0HypKBvL45Rb0Kr53H ) in _zTTChihQBPj2ebYzKM5SYslaUjP:line 12
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)
    at _kgDqAUcag0HypKBvL45Rb0Kr53H._AY0WeNnuiPPZmnKAkrPPBVBDbtz(String ) in _T8Ki3OeXz9wUlOa7eVOLOtQGfpb:line 543
    at _hGnMEUAleQjDZ3shjpX3jX9TgcF._tiMq6Pq9Nbqa7t2awDJ5XMMv0Xs() in _ZgWVUVv799VEpyYRONdQKzrjWUD:line 23
    at _baLthKDEYIVT9di0kddA61NhWdP._pc1xX4JcYFxVsiSLC8t2XD2VtuA._xUk2NxC9ClAhNPWsU5fKs1mgj2p(_Rk2PMozKH3S338YUareCnn4f9XM ) in _TbCOYeGYB03udKFi4E1S1rgndCo:line 262
    at _baLthKDEYIVT9di0kddA61NhWdP._pc1xX4JcYFxVsiSLC8t2XD2VtuA._zIpIOhABH579s7XCuxgpgX9zsby(GameTime ) in _TbCOYeGYB03udKFi4E1S1rgndCo:line 232
    at _baLthKDEYIVT9di0kddA61NhWdP._zIpIOhABH579s7XCuxgpgX9zsby(GameTime ) in _TbCOYeGYB03udKFi4E1S1rgndCo:line 135
    at _kgDqAUcag0HypKBvL45Rb0Kr53H.‎‮‭‭‍‭‎‎‬‌‬‌‌‏‪‬‎‪‌‪‭‏‫‌‫‮(_baLthKDEYIVT9di0kddA61NhWdP , GameTime )
    at _kgDqAUcag0HypKBvL45Rb0Kr53H._zIpIOhABH579s7XCuxgpgX9zsby(GameTime ) in _T8Ki3OeXz9wUlOa7eVOLOtQGfpb:line 272
    at _3hx82imJ4Og9mgE58epPGISb19E._zIpIOhABH579s7XCuxgpgX9zsby(GameTime ) in _poZs4dJ9Sa6dsxWDGzmLa12olsZ:line 78
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
    at _8nVaf3yjm6bcC1Cp2wKyElgegaj._BHJf2c6GTW4qpzl71uAWe4jEeTC() in _5ofEB9D8PEAoelGzdy38UJCovGi:line 38

I hope that anything here could help you guys out!

2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

What are the specs of your PC?

3. SilencedOne

SilencedOne New Member

For the laptop I'm currently on, the specs are as follows:
    Processor: Intel i3-2350M @ 2.3 GHz
    Ram: 4Gb

4. SilencedOne

SilencedOne New Member

Through some testing, I see that after walking through 2-3 rooms, I begin to get some missing textures, and if I try to enter an unloaded room, the game crashes.

5. Lennian

Looks like I don't cleanup my shit properly then. Thanks for reporting :)

EDIT: Renamed topic to be more specific as to why it's still in here.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  6. Lennian

This is an ongoing thing and will probably never be fully finished. Tagged as closed as a lot of optimizations have been done already.