Shoutbox (Disabled)

Expired TODO: Add different kinds of quality settings

Discussion in 'Closed' started by Dioce, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Dioce

Dioce New Member

An issue I have with the game crashing is because of the high quality, my pc can't take the ultra epic colors and razor sharp lines.

I remember the old V3 version had the option to change the quality on the start menu. Sadly, I cannot find where to change the settings to medium thus: Game crashes.

Is there any way to do so or am I boned?

2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Currently, you are pretty boned.

3. Dioce

Dioce New Member

Ah well. I've waited for a few months to play V4, I can wait at least another year to play this. Thanks for letting me know.

4. Deracho

Deracho New Member

are there any plans to add a setting

5. Lennian

A setting like this is not as easy as it sounds. The game is designed around 1920 x 1080, meaning we always render the game to a texture at least that size, then either upscale or downscale it based on the resolution. Just resizing the final picture isn't going to do much, since you still have pretty big textures in memory to render that result. Given most textures are rendered to their loaded size, we can't just make images smaller either, as things would start flying over the screen.

All in all, possible, but big refactor, probably not going to happen any time soon.

EDIT: Renamed topic for clarity.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  6. Lennian

Tagged as expired, as I'm not going to do this anymore. It is not worth the trouble.