Shoutbox (Disabled)

Thorough Analysis and Personal Feedback v0.7

Discussion in 'Feedback and Wishlist' started by John Brown, Jun 2, 2017.

1. John Brown

John Brown New Member

Ok so I have played this game to completion and these are the stuff I noticed and some that would need improvement according to my opinion.

First of all, is the game biased towards gay? That's what I felt playing it. So my suggestion for this one is to balance the amount of character choices evenly so that not only one sexuality lies dominant in the game. I realize that this is an early development so you might be planning for this to happen eventually but, something to keep in mind in my opinion.
    The character Skye was brilliant, including great looks and great backstory as well. It seems like a well thought out and realistically possible character.

One of the other things I found out was that you cannot bail out of a mistake. Let me explain my scenario.
    When I was finding my way around the game right after the club, I called Coby and ended up selecting the option "Admit feelings for Coby". I saw this one like "Admit feelings to Coby" as in admit that I found someone interesting at the bar. Then to my surprise I was stuck with a scenario having gay sex with Coby. See what I mean? So my suggestion would be to include a bail out option in the middle of the scenario like, when Coby went on rambling about his interest in the main character, there could be an option saying I was joking before it gets out of hand. I remember that Coby was anticipating a tease anyway so that may have been a possible option to go with: Joke!.

This next one is software issue that I encountered and is much appreciated that if this one is fixed. When you are in windowed mode, your cursor is stuck in the parameters of the game window. Very annoying at times.

My final suggestion is kind of a tall order considering the early stages of this game but if done right this will truly make your game exceptional. It's probably inhuman of me to ask of this but I'm just going to put my idea out there anyways. Team Amorous seems promising and I would love to see this implemented. Location interaction. See right now the player is limited to just his home and a few predefined locations but what would really be awesome is if the player is allowed to get out of the house without being brought upon by the storyline. If I wanted to go to the mountains let me search for it and visit myself to explore via a map system of otherwise. The area could always be limited to a city but that kind of flexibility for exploration will give more space for you to position new characters. I say this because being "auto-driven" to a location kind of takes out bit of the fun of finding it in the first place and since this is a dating simulator, I kind of think that the reality aspect should be preserved a little as well.

Unlike my previous requests there's a different thing I would like to not happen. Please do not add currency to the game. It's something I have seen happen in many games with real potential which is they add a currency and may be capitalize off of it. I do understand that the bills have to be paid each month and all but that adding such a thing will severely drain the fun and the core of the game. Since you guys are crowdfunded by patreon and its patrons so I guess it won't be a big deal though but these are just my thoughts.

Also a personal preference thing, could you add different sexual positions per character in the sex scenes. I think it will add a great deal of replay value to the game.

Sorry for the long post but this my full analysis on this game. I doubt whether you guys will read this through due to its sheer length or whether my suggestions will make it to future releases of the game. It was a really great experience and I enjoyed it very much. I would love to see this game become more and more content-rich, overall better and fully-fledged.

2. FurLovingDragon

FurLovingDragon Member

This is something I already posted about - see here. There you have full detail on what I thought how to get that done ;)

And I'm gonna give that a full read once I'm blessed with better sleep...

3. John Brown

John Brown New Member

Hey thanks! I read it and I think the idea and your plan of execution works well the actual game mechanic already in place too. Asking the partner for the position change is a pretty good idea that I would have never thought of. And speaking of the booty call option, don't you think that there should also a bit more of cut-scene there instead of getting straight to sex. I know it's going to be harder to make it work but a few recyclable options wouldn't be that bad right? One other thing that I forgot to mention above is implementing a log of your activities or like a meter of how close you are to a specific character according to said activity log. Say you spent more time with Skye. Then the meter or whatever would say the level of intimacy you have with her. It's not supposed to interact with the dates itself, or ruin it for that matter, but after a date is finalized and one sexual encounter is completely this could be a thing. Could also work vice versa, like if there's a character that the main character is not so thrilled about that can also be displayed like with those high school bullies kinda ones in the Skye date arc. There could be something like that right? What do you think about that?

4. FurLovingDragon

FurLovingDragon Member

Hmm - maybe there's really some wasted potential in Amorous after all, @John Brown .

But I don't have the technical insight on how this game is built, so I really can't estimate how much effort is needed. Sorry!

5. John Brown

John Brown New Member

Thanks for your response either way... I have some more ideas that I will post later on