Shoutbox (Disabled)

The Sound of S̶i̶l̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ Amorous

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TA_Hunter, Jul 20, 2017.

1. TA_Hunter

TA_Hunter Member

Not talking about the awesome and often forgotten score, soundtrack, ost or what ever you call it. These guys deserve some praise, but I'm talking about a little something else.

Some guys know it, I thought I might go a little bit extra to collect some opinions and critiques, because it's really important to me. I'm trying - as a fanproject freetime spender of mine - to voice some of the Amorous characters, starting with Seth, moving over to Zenith. Note that I'm not a pro, have no experience in this kind of stuff and never worked in the theater business. Be honest, be kind, and rewind.

http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/ajenblackfox/folder/377220/Amorous-Voice-Overs

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2017
    Sir Wolf likes this.
  2. TheDoodle

TheDoodle New Member

I must say i have been thinking about this as well. Though it takes more than some will to add voice overs. For starters you'd need a good microphone(which by the sound i get when you say something with the letter "s" ,you don't quite have) the quietest room you can be in. Or if you just can't have a quiet space, adding some noise cancelling foam to the walls can help. And the most important, time, because i'm pretty sure that even if you get more people to join in helping you with the voice overs you'd still need time to make the lines sound good. Not to mention you'd have quite some text to cover. Second of all,you can't just take all the text of one sequence at once,since text lines are activated by the player, meaning that you would have to take every test box and record it and name them separately. In any case... whether or not you're keeping to this just know that your headphone mic and a couple of recordings just won't do,but i wish to you the best of luck with this project
    P.S: i would have happily helped with this myself if i wouldn't have parents and siblings banging through the door whenever they want(besides other complications)

3. TA_Hunter

TA_Hunter Member

Thanks for your fast reply and those really helpful suggestions! I'm being honest with you, my microphone does suck ass and I really don't know if these harsh S-sounds do really originate from the mic, or my teeth, I'm really trying to improve myself here and new microphone - maybe even a stand one for this kind of thing - would be a good start. For these voice lines, I do know they need to be separated because of stated reasons, because of player dependence and suchs, it was just a test to see if some people find my voice for a character in this game even appealing. And for the text to cover ... I'm already seeing how much work it will take to voice all of Seths lines, yet alone ALL of the lines, that would be quite a piece of work, but work can be rewarding!

4. TheDoodle

TheDoodle New Member

Indeed it can be some work,and it can be rewarding(that if you manage to do good work). you could try a softer and maybe a little higher pitched voice for seth,or if that doesn't work you could do dustin, but just think that you'd need a couple girls to help you out,unless you got magical voice changing powers and can make 6-ish different girl voices.And maybe a guy with a rougher voice for zenith.and if i think of it i could go as jax but i'm not having the will or time to do it sadly. I hope you manage to bring some people together to achieve this though

and i just remembered that you'd need someone who's up for the side characters like riptide and remy's friend.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2017
  5. TA_Hunter

TA_Hunter Member

Just go for Jax, my stuff isn't anywhere near offical or professional, but simply made out of passion and curiosity and a bit of day dreaming I might actually contribute to something bigger. Zenith is the next character on my list of three. I will try Jax definitly, for Dustin ... I'm not so sure. But everything's for fun and games!

6. MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune Active Member

Technically, very nice idea. Practically, I see this being a bit of a hurdle; The dialogues are dynamic and always subject to changes and corrections. What happens if the voice actors ever go away, and someone wants to make a correction to one of the dialogues?

For the time being at least, I would suggest the intermediary route; Use vocal samples when drawing the letters. You know... that thing Undertale does, so each character sounds like they speak in their own voice as their messages are being printed. I actually made some myself and got around to publishing them a few days ago, they're on OGA if anyone's looking for an example:

https://opengameart.org/content/dialog-vocal-samples