Shoutbox (Disabled)

The High School subjects/classes you liked or disliked ever since...

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Spleriia Emperor Splerii, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Spleriia Emperor Splerii

Spleriia Emperor Splerii Active Member

Consequently, education is a necessity to our futures nowadays. I noticed that the other members of this website were mostly teenage high school students, Asian or non-Asian alike. So, to pass the time while socializing...I wanted to know from the others about their school subjects or classes they liked or disliked while they're studying hard or winging it for long boring hours at High Schools around the world. Since this thread is very simple, I bid you all adieu. May the Splerai reigns, everyone!

PS: By the way, my favorite subjects at school were 21st Century Literature, Linguistics, World History, Philosophy, Pathology and Psychology. General Mathematics and Personality Development were my most disliked school subjects I ever know of.

2. BlitzTheHitz

BlitzTheHitz Well-Known Member

Highschool, History was the shit. You sit there, and the teach would take ya on a lesson plan and say two things: Pay attention and you'll pass this class, and shut the hell up, I don't mind hitting another kid.

3. Spleriia Emperor Splerii

I see. Besides, most people have reasonable favoritism on some subjects that they wanted nowadays.

4. Legend Heart

Legend Heart Member

Well my favorite classes I have been in so far are Math (mostly because it comes off as easy for me, not because I love it) ,and art classes of any kind. For my most hated class in high school so far they are probably Senior Project because of the amount of work (passed) , other than that probably Government.

On a side-note, classes I'm looking forward to: Cryptozoology. (The study of "fake" monsters, like Chubacabra, Bigfoot, and Mothman) Don't quote me on my spelling of that word.

5. Spleriia Emperor Splerii

Senior Project, huh? That's interestingly new to me. O.O

6. Monta

Monta New Member

When I was in high school, science was, and still is, a strong point for me. When I first started high school, I took earth science. I didn't get a lot out of it, thanks to the teacher always acting like she had just injected one whole methajuana, and the fact that I was terrible at getting homework done. The only thing that made it better was when I took it again the next year. The guy teaching was literally probably the nicest guy in the entire school.

Another science I took was oceanography. Honestly, the only thing that had drawn me to it was the potential to learn about deep sea creatures and all the odd stuff out there. Basically, if it has anything to do with what lies beneath the darkest reaches of the ocean, or wrecks, I'm drawn in.

Not necessarily a subject, but I had a free block that my case manager said I didn't even need to be in, so she let me go and help teach the special needs art class. That was, by far, my favorite part of being in school. High functioning or low functioning, all the kids were so fun and unique. I've always had a fascination with psychology, disorders, and the like, as well as art, so when the opportunity was presented to me, I jumped on it.

There was also English 12, but I only really liked it because of the person teaching it. He was so passionate about the literature that it made MacBeth go from being another assignment to a gripping story that opened up different interpretations, and actually left me asking questions after the fact. I'm half tempted to message him on Facebook about the questions I have.

As for the stuff I hate, well... math! That's it. I'm terrible at it, I don't like it, and it doesn't like me back. Honestly, I had such a hard time with juggling testing anxiety and problems with processing a plethora of information at a time that math was less about me not getting it, and more about me just missing the entire concept. I'd actively take notes, get handed an assignment, completely forget the information we JUST went over, refer to the notes, and completely forget how the problems in the notes work, leaving me completely stumped. When handed a test or quiz, I was more likely to either sit and stare at it for almost two hours and lose it at home, draw, or answer like 7 problems and give up. Math and I kinda have this mutual agreement to just not do each other. Works out great.

7. Char Mosaic

Char Mosaic Member

History was my favorite hands down at least for a while. I actually liked reading through the book on my own. I actually took the quote to heart : 'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.' -George Santayana. Also 'History is written by the victors.' - Winston Churchill. So, I spent alot of time reading through wondering where the truth was omitted and where it was allowed to be transcribed. This laid out my skeptical mindset for years to come.

Science made me better at math for sometime learning formulas to reach scientific conclusions. I wish I could pursued a career in science. If not for English classes I would have. Most of my English classes were just read book and write book reports. Easy for a time but educationally stagnant which put a disdain for academic writing in my mouth that still plagues me today.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017