Shoutbox (Disabled)

The Furry Fandom Thread

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Sir Wolf, May 21, 2017.

1. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

Hey guys, I decided to start this discussion after going off topic slightly in another thread, Lennian brought up a good point that it could of been made into a topic all of it's own so here it is!

Use this thread to talk about anything related to the fandom, from topics such as:
    -How you came out and told people you were a furry
    -How long have you been in the fandom?
    -Do you fursuit? Would you like to?
    -What do you consider to be a furry?
    -And anything else you can think of to do with the fandom!

To start the discussion let me tell a little bit about my own self, I have been in the fandom for about ten years, I kept it mostly to myself and didn't even really know the fandom existed back then, once the internet became more accessible and I had my own computer I slowly figured out overtime what the furry fandom was. I looked at anthropomorphic pictures a lot but never know the ins and outs of the fandom and how big it was.

I sort of was an outsider to the community and lurked from the outskirts, I was never apart of any groups and forums and actually still am not really to this day, this is the most active I have ever been on a furry oriented forum, and it is not for lack of wanting, I just have never really felt like I was part of the fandom, accepted if you will, I never had the fancy fursonas with tons of beautiful drawings or even a fursuit. So I stayed back in the shadows. The most I did was participate in a chat room often and that was also not until later on as I grew older.

Fast forward a few years into the future and I was in a pretty serious relationship, I decided to finally come out and tell someone dear to me in my own personal life that I was a furry, I showed her some furcon footage and fursuiters were in it of course and she was repelled, she thought I was a freak and told me I would never be allowed to interact with other furries while I was with her, she was repulsed by the idea of furries and found the whole fandom perverted and weird. Of course I hid that side of myself for a while and eventually decided I would not do it anymore, I was sick of living a lie and wanted to change my life and I wanted to accept who I was, and being a furry was such an important thing to me, it felt like part of my identity so I came out and told her that was who I was, after more fighting eventually we broke up for other reasons beside that but I felt very relieved.

Since then I made it a point to be myself and not hide who I was for anybody, you only get one life so it is not worth wasting being someone you are not, your happiness matters and ever since I let my furry side out and known to more people I have been happier, of course some of my friends found it odd once I started using my fursona as my display pic I straight up told them this is what it is, this is what the fandom is, and they teased a little bit but I found it easy to brush it off, be confident in who you are, others respect that.

Sorry for the wall of text, I don't often tell this story so I thought this would be a proper place to share it and hopefully it will spur on some conversation!

Moral of the story is be yourself and don't let anyone change you! You got one life so live it to the fullest!

2. Spleriia Emperor Splerii

Spleriia Emperor Splerii Active Member

Thank Splena for this thread, Sir Wolf. Even though I might be a non-fur reigning with the title of 'Internet Emperor', I been longing to discuss about everything furry. ^^

3. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

No problem! So you consider yourself a non-furry? Why is that if I may ask? I have seen you around quite a bit :)

4. Spleriia Emperor Splerii

I considered myself as a non-furry because of the fact that I don't even have a true fursona yet, Sir Wolf. Furthermore, that profile pic that I been using would be my permanent non-furry profile pic because that picture is one of my finest sketch for my reign as an non-furry Internet Emperor logging in for Team Amorous. ^^

5. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

You don't technically need a fursona to even be a furry, there is no real defined requirements to be a furry really. You could even just enjoy anthropomorphic creatures and be a furry.

6. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

I might be in the minority, but this just makes me cringe every time I see it x3

7. Spleriia Emperor Splerii

I see. Alright then. ^^

8. PenguinDeviant

PenguinDeviant New Member

Eh, I'm not fond with labels myself. This is only my internet persona.

9. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

Fursona even? :p

10. PenguinDeviant

PenguinDeviant New Member

If the boot fits.

11. Spleriia Emperor Splerii

Since I can't able to make a true fursona due to technical problems, I'll just do some furry fandom sketches instead to keep up the advantage. ^^

Sir Wolf likes this.
  12. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

That's the spirit!

13. Spleriia Emperor Splerii

Thanks. Anyway...When I finished a furry fandom sketch or two, I posted it all immediately in Tumblr, Facebook and even here at Team Amorous. ^^

14. Perso

Perso New Member

-How you came out and told people you were a furry : well , no one know im furry thou i think im just slightly furry guy just think of it as a hidden furry person ..... i guess

-How long have you been in the fandom? : i dont really recall but its really long :p

-Do you fursuit? Would you like to? : nope , technically no, there is alot to explain in this one

the last two question confused me and i didnt know how to answer them but there you have it :D

15. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

Last question wasn't really a question more so feel free to just add to the discussion :)
    Question before that was what do you consider a furry? Everyone has their own kind of opinion on what makes someone a furry, what's yours?

16. Perso

Perso New Member

'i k=think the way they looks just gets me all the time :D

17. Daxican

Daxican New Member

Well for starters nobody has really caught on that I'm actually into this sort of stuff. I just like to drop ultra secrete hints to my buddies on the xbox. It's more of just making a joke about furry pr0n and me getting really sweaty.

It depends on what you mean by in the fandom. I generally am a guest to the scene and then I'm out for a couple days. My only real connection with the fandom is amorous and furaffinity.

I've never considered fursuiting and I never will. I do feel a 0.9% chance of myself heading to a convention but I will most definitely have to be with at least 1 other person.

My definition of a furry is, very wide. I mean it could be someone that will never admit it to others or even themselves that they are into the stuff, someone like me that simply has an interest in the concept of fursonas, or an obvious die-hard person that devotes their life to a fictional persona.

18. Perso

Perso New Member

kinda same for me , i would never fur suit except if there is one person who i know will fursuit and encorage me to do so xD
    i never admited to any one that im into these stuff so they wont look at the other direction , but once i took a picture of amorous and sent it to my friend who play (date sims) (( as a joke )) that : its confirmed that im a furry xD , and he said nice with a laughing emote
    guess still no one knows yet except for the amorous :)

this report will give 9 on IELTS :p

Daxican likes this.
  19. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

There are many small furmeets that go on in cities that are a pretty good starting place for people wanting to ease into a con. But I know how it is, personally it was only a couple years ago that I told many of my long time friends I am furry, they kind of teased but when I shrugged most of it off they got over it.

What's even more awesome is I am pretty close to getting one of my non-fur friends to go to a con with me in October, once you explain the fandom and such and give them more perspective on everything it doesn't seem that bad to them anymore.

Daxican likes this.
  20. Perso

Perso New Member

i dont believe that there are fur cons in my country buuuut have fun both of you :D

Daxican likes this.