Shoutbox (Disabled)

Temporary Fix for Jax disappearance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheBlackDrake, Jun 28, 2017.

1. TheBlackDrake

TheBlackDrake Member

Hello there !

As you may or may not know, a datable character named Jax :amlaughing: is currently missing from the game (patch 0.7) (It's a known bug, no need to report it). If you've already made the predate with him and got his phone number, you can still date him but he disappeared from the Club. In this situation, the predate is unavailable for new games and so Jax is unavailable too.

Here is a little fix you can apply to your savefile in order to be able to date him. Be aware this fix cannot bring back the predate! The game will consider you've met at the club and that he gave you his number! Don't do this fix if you want to experience the predate yourself.

This fix involves editing on of the savefiles of the game, do it at your own risk. It may corrupt your save if you don't do it properly. I cannot guarantee either that the edited savefile will be 100% compatible with the next patch.

NOTE : This fix is only relevant for the 0.7 version of the game, do not try this fix on another version.

To access your savefiles, go to the FurPoweredClient folder (your installation folder) and then go to games/amorous/your platform (windows, mac, linux...)/Saves
    • First of all, backup the savefile you're going to edit (by copy-pasting it somewhere else for example).
    • Next, open the savefile with a text editor, preferrably notepad, notepad++ or any simple text editor.
    • Next, scroll down until you reach the "Contacts" line. You need to edit the number here.
    For that, simply add 2 to the number, for example, if the line is
    Code:
    "Contacts": 253,
    change it to :
    Code:
    "Contacts": 255,
    This is the Minimum requirement to access Jax, he will be available on your phone and you can call him to go to your first date.

To ensure a bit more of forward compatibility, you can do this optional step :
    Add :

Code:
    "JaxPreDate": 10,
    at the start of the "QuestStages" list, right after the {

After you finished editing, close the file and save it, with the same name and extension, as a plain text file (by default for Notepad and notepad++)
    The name of the file determines the save slot ingame. The slot number is the savefile number + 1.
    For example, save_1.sav is the savefile corresponding to the Slot #2.

Then you just have to load the correct save from within the game and you're good to go !

Have a good day !:amsmuggy:

FurLovingDragon and HossBoss like this.
  2. HossBoss

HossBoss New Member

It works and I am loving Jax's story so far.

3. FurLovingDragon

FurLovingDragon Member

It works and Jax' story really had an unexpected plot twist in it - nice!

4. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

He's not actually missing, just hidden due to a bug, you can still click his spot.

5. FurLovingDragon

FurLovingDragon Member

That is, Lennian, if you know where he has his spot... And since I started with this version, I can't know that ;)

6. TheBlackDrake

TheBlackDrake Member

Hum... Not so sure about it : I just tried with a new game and I clicked basically everywhere behind the bar counter and nothing (I know approximately where he is behind the counter)...
    If you register the click by comparing it to the sprite pos and size, and the sprite is missing, it can't work...

7. TheDoodle

TheDoodle New Member

I have also attempted to click on Jax's position with no success. Since i just got the game three days ago i didn't even know about him.
    what i think is going on is that Seth may be covering Jax's sprite in the club causing some code error,even though after speaking with seth you still can't find Jax

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017