Shoutbox (Disabled)

Templates

Discussion in 'Feedback and Wishlist' started by chance7hope, Apr 20, 2015.

1. chance7hope

chance7hope New Member

Heyy guys *^▁^*
    So i wanted to sugest something. Um what if we had some ready templates for characters, not only those from which you can choose now and customize. I'm tqlking about 2 or 3 already customised templates for the character you are creating. For instance, I saw that Jasonafex had a contest to colour his fursona and maybe you can make a ready template out of that. And so for the other characters. Now I don't want to seem lazy, but I'm just not good with my immagination and I seriously don't understand the colouring mechanism. I hope you hear me out on this one.
    *^▁^*

2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

I don't quite understand what you mean. We already have pre-made character templates in the game. Do you mean, like, hand-drawing one?

3. chance7hope

chance7hope New Member

Sorry bad english ::>_<::
    What I meant is to add 1, 2 or more ready coloured templates, not just tge one you already have. Or at least a randomise button which will make the character that would be cool too.

4. Prenco

Prenco New Member

The fursona maker is getting a revamp (I think), so it should become easier to recolor the character you've created than it is now.

A randomize button would either create something pretty unique or absolutely hilarious/hideous, although it's a question of how hard it would be to implement in programming terms. It would be pretty snazzy to see in later builds, though.

DaraSilverDragon likes this.
  5. Lennian

A better UI is planned when we have moved over to Unity 5. It's actually one of the reasons why we're still on Unity 4 for the upcoming update, the whole UI needs to be remade. t

6. DaraSilverDragon

DaraSilverDragon Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

So basically you're writing two concurrent builds right now - a re-code for unity 5, and a U4 build for a 0.3 release to keep us from thinking that you're secretly run by Valve?

7. Lennian

It's not a necessarily a re-code, it's still the same code, some of it just has to be rewritten (eg. UI) before it will actually run on U5. It's bit of a hassle, but we get a lot in return engine-wise. But basically, yes.

8. Patrigue

Patrigue Member

Another thing regarding templates. For some reason, I'm only able to make 2 custom templates. If I try to make a third one things keep overlapping each other. I'll post this in the bugs thread as well, but I wanted to ask, how many custom templates for characters should we expect to be able to make?

9. Lennian

There should be no technical limit.