Shoutbox (Disabled)

Super awesome Q/A time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lennian, Nov 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

We understand some people are getting a bit impatient for the v0.4 update, especially with the lack of updates on our side. We apologize for that, but I think I explained our reasoning pretty well in this post, give it a read if you didn't yet: https://forums.amorousgame.com/threads/v0-4-is-shaping-up.356/page-6#post-5515

That said, I did feel bad waving it off like that, so we decide to open up a Q/A thread where you can ask us anything you would like to know about Amorous, upcoming updates, us, whatever!

There are no rules, except for that we can decide not to answer a question, and we'll also give brief explanation as to why we are not answering a question. Usually reasons would be "We don't want to give that feature away yet" or "Too personal of a question". However, don't be scared to try, you'll never know ;) Techy nerd questions are also welcomed, a lot actually, since we can tell a lot about how things work!

2. ReaperTheBlackDragon

ReaperTheBlackDragon Member

Tazo once stated that a lot of dialogue was cut from the current versions, will we be seeing some of that dialogue be used in 0.4?

3. Lennian

I wouldn't call it a lot, but we did simplify a handful of dialogue branching referring to previous events, we've restored those in full glory now :)

4. Asriel Dreamurr

Asriel Dreamurr Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

1) Can we have the name of the next dateable characters(s) ? Or do you have to keep it secret ?
    2) Do you planed to show our character face during sex scenes ? ( cause with can't see them with Seth, Jax and Coby )
    3) Threesome with several dates, please ? :D
    4) A future option where we can continue to date Jax/Coby/Seth even after their story are finished ? ( going to the cinema, take a coffee, take them home... )

Friedrich likes this.
  5. Riveroo

Riveroo Member

One thing that I've been wondering about is, that in the game files in the folder SexScenes -> [Coby/Seth/Jax], there are a lot of files which names contain "Player".
    So, are different parts of the Players model completely different objects?

6. Weird Kitty

Weird Kitty Active Member

How many new dates for 0.4?
    Are the ones already in game getting more content?
    More character customization options and parts throughout the time?

Also thank you for doing this Q&A :)

7. Lennian

1) Nope, secret :3
    2) There has been talk of it, but I believe that for now we decided to not to do it because the face actually has the most customizable parts of everything on the body. Don't forget that in order to show a customizable part in the sex-scene, we'll have to make every part available again and animate them. The consensus is either: As less customizable parts as possible to still make out the players character OR allow one to customize his character to the max at the expense of detail during the sex-scene.
    3) Hey, that's not a question! You just made it seem like one with the question mark :p
    4) Yes, but this is not on the roadmap until after v0.4 (or for when we are really REALLY bored).

1) At least 1 new, there are more in development, but at some point we'll have to decide which makes the cut.
    2) Some parts of the new dates are already in-game, other things that support the story are still in the creation pipeline.
    3) See note 2) above. We can offer more parts, but it would mean sacrifice in detail in the sex-scenes. But frankly, we have the upcoming Fursona Maker for more customization, which is already a lot more elaborate than the Amorous version. Clothes have been in the pipeline since v0.2 though, which will also become a gameplay element where dates want you to dress up in a certain way for certain events.

8. Lennian

As noted a few time in the post above, every customizable part that has exposure in a sex-scene, is basically a new layer. There is simply no way around doing this. If we show the belly of the character, we'll have to draw and animate all body types (muscular, chubby, twinky, etc) and their markings. Showing body also means showing breast, meaning we'll have to draw and animate all those different versions too!

The files you talk about are basically exports from After Effects, we'll be upgrading the old ones to Spine now though to keep the file size smaller.

However, a shortcoming in the current version of Spine is that it doesn't allow applying morphed animations on multiple layers (which @Jasonafex uses a lot to create realistic movements), so animating them is still a very labor intensive job. You will always have the drawing side of things, regardless of the animation method.

Things would be a lot easier graphically were this actual 3D models.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  9. ReaperTheBlackDragon

For the character customization, will there be a wider range of choices or will it stay the same?

10. Lennian

As noted above:

11. Asriel Dreamurr

Asriel Dreamurr Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

Ok so i reformule : Do you guys planned to ad threesome with dateable characters ?
    ( You can create just one animation for the threesome, and just put any characters in it ! ) [/QUOTE]

12. Lennian

Hah, if only it were so easy, that's not how it works, see my post above explaining how sex-scenes work :p That would work if this were a 3D game where animations can be shared.

As for your question, no idea! We might, you'll never know :3

13. Regicide

Regicide New Member

What language are you using to program the game? Also, why do you feel the need to use a launcher?

14. Telios

Telios New Member

Not really Amorous-related but will there be wings (perhaps draconic ones?) in the Fursona Maker? I already know that wings will be a pain to animate in Amorous so I won't hope for that. :p

15. Lennian

Please keep other games out of this topic, but yes, Fursona Maker will have wings.

C# all the way, it's one of my most favorite languages.

The launcher is to streamline our release process, we use it internally to provide each other (and potential future playtesters) with builds that don't require you t constantly download the full game. For Amorous as it was, that would have meant 500MB downloads every time we fixed a little bug, whereas the actual thing that changed is a few bytes over a bunch files. The launcher has pretty nifty patcher logic to counter that. For example, if we would have had the launcher from te start, patching the game up to v0.3 coming from v0.2 would have been 100MB (of which 90MB was actually sexscenes, and 10MB new content and code), whereas (as mentioned earlier) the full release was 500MB. Another example is the last patch for BBS, it was only 500kb, whereas the full release would have been 50MB. For most the reason is saving bandwidth for us and the end-user.

I'm aware it hasn't been painless, and that the need for a browser is annoying. The next version will be much smoother with lots of error-checking, too.

16. Nadia

Nadia Member

I have two Questions about the Game locations.

Will Seth and Jax get different Room designs at some Point?
    And will you add a Lobby to the Apartment Complex, so players can just run into NPC rooms?

17. Connery

Connery Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

Will there be a localization option and/or community contributed translations? c:

18. ReaperTheBlackDragon

Since the town looks pretty much like any famous coastal city, which city was the biggest inspiration for the setting of Amorous?

19. locus

locus New Member

if you could date any of the characters in amorous so far. Who would it be.

20. locus

locus New Member

also will vergence be in amorous?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.