Shoutbox (Disabled)

Suggestions from a Community Newcomer

Discussion in 'Feedback and Wishlist' started by Vakarion, Jun 5, 2018.

?

Should these ideas be implemented?

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. Most

66.7%
  3. Some

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Couple

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. None

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Vakarion

Vakarion New Member

If you want to get to the topic of the post feel free to skip the next two paragraphs, as they are mainly an appreciation to the authors and a hopeful encouragement to see the game grow.

I want to start off by saying as a newcomer to this odd yet passionate community, this game was something I had been looking for for a long time because of its focus on characters and story instead of the romance and sex. I liked the individualism of each character that you are putting into them, with my favorites so far being Jax and Zenith because of how they have features that separate the two of them and yet it isn't something so ridiculous its unbelievable. I want to say that this game is on the right track as one that not only expresses the true potential these type of characters have but this community in general, where anthropomorphism of animals can be viewed not just as a immensely creative choice of imagination and story telling but an enriching one too. I had been scoping though many adult games who try to be like this, some I think may have been done too by the same creators or artists but they lacked the soul this one had. I don't know how or even if this game can be worked on more than it has by yourselves, but I want to say thank you for crafting something special that isn't bogged down by costly transactions or poor quality in adult gaming.

I also want to say this is the first I've ever commented on an adult game or media of any kind, and while it may seem silly or maybe insulting on how I may word it, I will say that I believe that this project has potential. I want to see more of this game expand out not just as an adult's game but drama, as the cast you've created I believe as a fellow author can branch out and grow possibly into a series. An Amorous 2 and 3 I believe is possible immensely, and I think with refinement and more interaction these characters both our own and the ones you've made can really have a shot at changing perspective on this art genre. I will not guess at how busy your lives are as creators nor if this is truly what you want to do with them, but I want to thank you as your work does have potential in making this community into one that is more than an odd fetish or kink as media and public thinks but as a truly compelling genre when done right. So thank you for just making real quality game of this genre and representation of why I as a newcomer to this community am drawn to it, because of its creative potential in characters and its memorable interactions because of them.

Alrighty, praise aside I am posting this to give my thoughts on this game, and while I admit I have not finished it completely and have not gotten though half the characters, there are things that are bugging me that have been repeating. I will try to be as clear and critiquing as I can, however should I stumble or such I apologize in advance and am happy to clear up in replies. I tried avoiding some I am sure you've heard before, more dates, scenes, dialogue so forth. I just want to give my thoughts and hopefully they be heard and implemented not soon but certainly as this game evolves.

1. Scene Selection: A simple feature yet I'm surprised as a dating game is missing, the ability to go back and replay certain dates or memories from characters is oddly missing. While there is the option to have multiple saves, a grateful feature I may add, I do want the ability to replay how I interacted with a character in the past. I am not saying we should be able to change it, as that would break immersion and the multiple saves can cover that for us, but I would to re-watch how I go along with that person like a memory recollection. As an idea for how it could be done, in the Contacts tab whenever you click on a person there is a new menu called Voicemails, keeping with the theme of the phone. As you already have achievements, another thing I like about this game others are missing, each of the voicemails can be labeled as those achievements. While messages track the history of those achievements this can be a way to recall what you did to get or even stopped at while also letting you replay the character without wiping them.
    2. Crossovers: As an author as well, there is never not a feeling of joy when to familiar characters meet one another in a possible way. As a bonus option or even a default one, having characters your getting to know or are dating popping up in another's story could make it much more intriguing and fun to play. I have made Jax a boyfriend, however as an example he works in the same place as Zenith yet the two never talk about or show up with each other. This bothered me especially how their two story arcs end, not spoiling it but the possibility of a job comes up. I wanted to comment on this but I couldn't because of how the story focuses on one character, acting like the other doesn't exist. I would like to see this implemented in some way, and despite the complexity I know as a game creator too should it there be a sequel, (please) this could really add to the world.
    3. Personality Configuration: This is a tricky one I think to discuss, as I have never really cared for the identities of others nor have felt a desire to get involved either. However, I am bothered by how despite the dialogue choices, another thing I like in this, my character's overall attitude seems to match across all stories I'm finding. What I mean is that I would like to be able to set some characteristics to them, such as they are jolly and flamboyant or blunt and respectful in the dialogue that isn't choice driven. Again, I know this may be another hard ask since it means making more dialogue however I believe it can add more to really selling this is you in this game.
    4. Voice Acting or Audio Text: While I like reading the conversation and that the characters express them in game, I am annoyed switching back and forth between if they are reacting to what I am reading or not. As an example, the characters begin to be more open as the relationships grow, however their reaction tend to fall behind or not reflect the tone of text. Having a audio reader reacting or even voice acting would really sell these characters, without taking me out from seeing their blank reactions as we get closer as the story goes on.
    5. World Expansion: This is the biggest, however I am not asking for new maps rather simple things like the bedroom we use or living room. The idea is that rather than it play as a text screen the scene has the character we're meeting clickable in an environment that cannot be interacted. Like the club but scaled down enormously to be uncontrollable with the mouse yet provide still a sense of interaction with the environment. There are some scenes that exist that could do this, such as the theater, cafe, shooting range, and beach. You could even use existing background characters to do it, simply change the pose and clothing colors.
    These are the things I have been thinking of so far, and while I apologize for the mouthful please know I believe in your project and I will aid any way I can to help this grow to be more than an adult's game.

2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

You can reset the date to the first encounter from the phone. This is a deliberate choice, given the dates in this game are so dependent on previous actions, that it wouldn't make sense to jump back to date 2, without redoing date 1.

The other things are all things we have had ideas about in the past, but alas, time and money constraints. Right now, we're just happy we got to a proper v1.0 and could call it done (which any community driven furry game up til now never managed, by the way).

Amorous in his own way sparked my interest for the Visual Novel genre, and I have some plans unrelated to Amorous.

servicenginxreload likes this.
  3. Vakarion

Vakarion New Member

I'm not sure what's going on with the reply system but I'm gonna wing it here. For the dates I meant watching it as a cutscenes, not a interactable choices. I like the dialogue and what I chose, but I don't want to speed through it all over again just to get to one part.

4. Lordlike

Lordlike New Member

I just don't want this game to be forgotten and left behind. It would hurt me so much to see that if, in a year, no progress has been made and nobody cares about this anymore.

Vakarion likes this.
  5. LACURO

LACURO Member

I Think Amorous its selfit a finished Project.
    Maybe little ubdates to fixing Bugs and Glitshes but i think not that he make more.
    I hope of aditional Pics of all Characters like remy's Pics. ^^

Vakarion likes this.