Shoutbox (Disabled)

Support Sudo unable to execute

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hoodino, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Hoodino

Hoodino New Member

I've followed your instructions correctly, but there's no thread about Sudo not being able to execute. This is what it says when i type "sudo ./Amorous.Game.Unix ."

sudo: unable to execute ./Amorous.Game.Unix: No such file or directory

So.. it says that it could find any file named: "Amorous.Game.Unix" i am not sure how this happens, and i would really appreciate if someone with the same problem or someone who has solved it in someway helped me with this. Thank you for reading!

2. Ozmandius Primrose III

Ozmandius Primrose III New Member

I also am having some troubles. Im totally lost and would love a play-by-play guide. Im on a Mac OS X 10.10.5, have the new Mono 5.4.1 and downloaded the mac Amorous launcher. I think I need the launcher location to actually run the game but elsewhere on this forum I read that the launcher location is folders deeper than just /Users/'user'/Desktop, but I can't get to the deeper folders because a) the FurPowered.Client.LinuxMac folder doesn't seem to contain any sub-folders, just assorted .pbd, .exe and .dll files, and b) I need an application to run FurPowered.Client through. I installed Mono thinking thats what it would be run through but I guess not? Additionally, when I'm in Terminal I get past the password part after typing in cd <location of unzipped folder> (check!), but directly after when I try to execute sudo chmod +x FurPowered.Client it tells me
    chmod: FurPowered.Client: No such file or directory. I know this has been answered but I'm pretty new to Terminal et all and would love a detailed (or even screenshot) guide! Thank you for your patience and help :)!

3. Hoodino

Hoodino New Member

I'm not Sure but i think you have to type "./" before FurPowered.Client , and you said you had an unzipped folder? Is it a .zip file? If so you'll have to unzip it to extract the content to a file.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  4. Ozmandius Primrose III

Wow what a fast response! Thanks for getting back to me so quick,
    I just tried the ./ on the sudo chmod but

chmod: ./ FurPowered. Client: No such file or directory

... no such luck!
    The folder was from the FurPowered. Client. LinuxMac. zip file, so now it's just your average folder (as far as I can tell). That's the one that contains all the weird un-openable .pbd .exe and .dll files

(please ignore the extra spaces in the code, I had to add that here because 'You are not allowed to use more than 0 non-whitelisted link(s) in your post as a new user, 2 non-whitelisted link(s) were found')

5. Ozmandius Primrose III

Hello! I am a completely new Amorous member as well as a new Terminal user, and am totally lost and would love a play-by-play guide. Sorry to post another version of the same question many others have asked, but I need a dumbed down explanation. Im on a Mac OS X 10.10.5, have the new Mono 5.4.1 and downloaded the mac Amorous launcher. I followed the instructions on the Amorous launcher, and here's how Terminal responded to each of the commands: (*i replaced my username with user for privacy purposes)

Macintosh-3:~ user$ cd </Users/user/Desktop/FurPowered. Client. LinuxMac>

-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'

Macintosh-3:~ user$ mono

Usage is: mono [options] program [program-options]

Development:

--aot[=<options>] Compiles the assembly to native code

--debug[=<options>] Enable debugging support, use --help-debug for details

--debugger-agent=options Enable the debugger agent

--profile[=profiler] Runs in profiling mode with the specified profiler module

--trace[=EXPR] Enable tracing, use --help-trace for details

--jitmap Output a jit method map to /tmp/perf-PID. map

--help-devel Shows more options available to developers

Runtime:

--config FILE Loads FILE as the Mono config

--verbose, -v Increases the verbosity level

--help, -h Show usage information

--version, -V Show version information

--runtime=VERSION Use the VERSION runtime, instead of autodetecting

--optimize=OPT Turns on or off a specific optimization

Use --list-opt to get a list of optimizations

--security[=mode] Turns on the unsupported security manager (off by default)

mode is one of cas, core-clr, verifiable or validil

--attach=OPTIONS Pass OPTIONS to the attach agent in the runtime.

Currently the only supported option is 'disable'.

--llvm, --nollvm Controls whenever the runtime uses LLVM to compile code.

--gc=[sgen,boehm] Select SGen or Boehm GC (runs mono or mono-sgen)

--arch=[32,64] Select architecture (runs mono32 or mono64)

--handlers Install custom handlers, use --help-handlers for details.

--aot-path=PATH List of additional directories to search for AOT images.

Macintosh-3:~ user$ sudo chmod +x FurPowered. Client

Password:

chmod: FurPowered. Client: No such file or directory

Macintosh-3:~ user$

So maybe I'm not locating the right piece of the puzzle. On the Amorous thread 'Starting from Mac "No such file or directory. " ' Lennian said 'the game is located a few folders deeper: 'games/amorous/mac' but the FurPowered. Client. LinuxMac folder doesn't seem to contain any sub-folders, just assorted . pbd . exe and . dll files. If the necessary folders are within said files they're inaccessible to me because I need an application to run them. So I tried running

cd <launcher location>/games/amorous/mac
    sudo chmod +x ./ Amorous. Game. Unix
    sudo ./ Amorous. Game. Unix

in Terminal as suggested on the Amorous thread 'Amorous v0.4.1 is live for Mac/Linux' but I got

-bash: /games/amorous/mac: No such file or directory

I must be doing something(some things? More than one?! Uh oh) very wrong ... Hellllppppp!!!

(please ignore the extra spaces in the code, I had to add that here because 'You are not allowed to use more than 0 non-whitelisted link(s) in your post as a new user, 2 non-whitelisted link(s) were found')

6. Hoodino

Hoodino New Member

Try "sudo chmod +x ./Amorous.Game.Unix" That is what the owners or should i say creators tell you to do in their mac thread. And then you'll see "Password:(and a picture of a key) And simply just type in your mac users password, and ignore that no dots pop up beacuse that didnt show up for me either. And then you have to make sudo execute the game, with: "sudo ./Amorous.Game.Unix" wich in my case does not work beacuse it tells me there's no such file or directory. So im wondering if there's a step i've forgotten or if i simply am typing something wrong. But if you get it to work by doing what i told you, can you tell me what you've done in step by step? Beacuse im almost clueless of what to do now.

7. Ozmandius Primrose III

Yes I saw that thread too; the thread 'Amorous v0.4.1 is live for Mac/Linux'. Didn't work for me, seems like I'm getting the same (or a very similar) Terminal response as you:

Macintosh-3:~user$ cd </Users/user/Desktop>/games/amorous/mac

-bash: /games/amorous/mac: No such file or directory

Macintosh-3:~ user$ sudo chmod +x ./Amorous. Game. Unix

chmod: ./Amorous. Game. Unix: No such file or directory

Macintosh-3:~ user$ sudo ./Amorous. Game. Unix

sudo: ./Amorous. Game. Unix: command not found

Ack!! I'm going to keep trying different things, if I find something that works I'll let you know.

8. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  9. FluffyBoi

FluffyBoi New Member

How do we overwrite the file?