Shoutbox (Disabled)

Story arc possibilities (Spoilers?)

Discussion in 'Feedback and Wishlist' started by radman1889, Sep 5, 2015.

1. radman1889

radman1889 Member

So, for the record, after finally getting Amorous to work, I finally went through Jax's date since 0.3 came out. I know, sad, but it was great going through it and seeing another interesting plot.
    So it's got me thinking, with a ton more dates on the way, I can't wait to see what their tales will turn into. For example on the two we have now:
    Jax - Hesitant to commit due to a previous failed relationship
    Seth - Difficult to find time for love due to career
    So, simple question, what kind of story arcs do you want to see. No need to be detailed. After all I gave the simplistic when describing Jax and Seth's. Here's a few I'd think would make a good write:
    • Still in a relationship, but abusive/about to implode
    • Coming to grips with sexual orientation (gay/lesbian)
    • Overcoming a vice (alcoholism/gambling)
    • Balancing a love life while raising a child
    The last one is my fav. I'd most like to see that with a fem character, so the player and her could...make a sibling. (Yeah my fav kink leaked into that one.:p)

Anyone got any to add, or improve on these simple ideas?

2. Kooskia

Kooskia Member

I so love the option for a baby-making scene Xd
    But honestly I had no much hopes for it, but since someone else proposed it, I can just say that I fully agree with it!

3. radman1889

radman1889 Member

here's hoping with Skye.:D
    BTW, off topic... is this you? --> https://inkbunny.net/Kooskia

4. Volos84volts

Volos84volts New Member

I think all of them are great ideas. I just love a good storyline. They look really interesting

5. Kooskia

Kooskia Member

Yep x3 Even if I use mainly Furaffinity (and Deviantart for SFW stuff).
    I use also Inkbunny and SoFurry as secondary accounts, even if IB was extremely interesting for the amount of comments etc...
    I admit however that my gallery/ies there are not full of the standard contents of Amorous xD

However in the last months I've expanded a bit some views, especially after having read Kyell Gold, I started some kind of Bi interest at least in roleplay... and a game as Amorous greatly helped me to further expand my interests. Especially with a developed story behind, a gay animated scene adquire something "more".

6. Kooskia

Kooskia Member

However, despite my support and interest for such possible ending, I think that for now the three main ending were actually a bit "open", leaving uncertain the future for the protagonist and the ones he met.
    I think ending with a pregnancy could be a bit a "drastic" ending?

Even if there could still be for example some alternate ideas. Maybe a bisexual girl that want to have a baby, and the protagonist decide to help being uncertain about future involvment later. Thus leaving a bit of open-ending.

7. radman1889

radman1889 Member

We've been left with an open ending of sorts in Seth's story. The last bit we read is the player and him off to see the publisher...but what after that?
    Sometimes it's for the best. Let your imagination make up what happened in the end. :p

8. Volos84volts

Volos84volts New Member

I agree it's good to end it like that
    on some stories

9. Kooskia

Kooskia Member

To reply at each proposal on specific:
    • Still in a relationship, but abusive/about to implode
    I think it's perfect, also allowing the player to play the character with doubts or rather who enjoy the idea of a partner who is cheating.
    • Coming to grips with sexual orientation (gay/lesbian)
    I seriously think they've already wondered about it xD One character is an herm btw.

• Overcoming a vice (alcoholism/gambling)
    Also this seems good, it could lead to some more romance, and I guess it could ends like the others with a "we've spent a good time together, let's see what the future will carry on).

• Balancing a love life while raising a child
    Also that's good, basic idea would be a single mother abandoned: however this could lead once again to an open ending. Leaving unclear if they're desitined to be together or it was a temporary (but welcome) relief.

• I'd most like to see that with a fem character, so the player and her could...make a sibling.
    I think this is maybe something that could end split from the previous one: sadly such an ending seems not open enough for the current style. So far the only way I could see such kink (impreg.) included it's with a girl or lesbian bisex that want/need to have a baby: the protagonist (being basically a sperm donor) could ends with an open ending, wondering if in future he will be ready to meet his son and reveal of being his/her father. Or if life will separate him from the couple he helped Xd

10. radman1889

radman1889 Member

I thought I said you didn't need to get too detailed.;)

Anyway, thanks for the feedback ppls.

11. Kooskia

Kooskia Member

Haha yeah, but they're cool ideas xD And once some take roots, the mind works on them xd

12. Toady626

Toady626 New Member

I, too, like the idea of a baby-making scene. Not sure it really fits Skye's character per-say, but perhaps a future female character? I disagree that it is not open enough an ending, as being a parent myself (Gasp! Shock! Horror!!) I can assure you there is no more uncertain, open-ended happenstance than having children. Even the process of making them in the first place is no guarantee. Having kids doesn't ensure a relationship will last either in this day and age. Uncertainy abounds!
    Ahahaha, however, I digress. Yeah, baby-making scene would be really very romantic and emotional. Also incredibly hot.
    And since I'm here, and this is a feedback thread, I'd just like to say how well written the characters are in Amorous, I've thoroughly enjoyed playing thus far, and boy oh boy I can't wait for Skye's story arc. That is one crazy-hot silver fox.
    Love your work, Amorous Team!

13. Kooskia

Kooskia Member

Oh well.. I find cool someone else enjoy the idea of impregnation xd

But I agree that it could be difficult with the game's rule. The most "nice" way would be a bisexual girl in open (lesbian) relationship) that would like to have a baby NSA. I guess other options would still ends with too much connection toward the mother-to-be

14. Weird Kitty

Weird Kitty Active Member

There is a simple way to adress to most of these in my opnion...
    • Still in a relationship, but abusive/about to implode - Depends on what the writers have prepared for the character's story arc.
    • Coming to grips with sexual orientation (gay/lesbian) - Depends on what the writers have prepared for the character's story arc.
    • Overcoming a vice (alcoholism/gambling) - Depends on what the writers have prepared for the character's story arc.
    • Balancing a love life while raising a child - Not a bad idea! But it adds a huge amount of complexity to certain aspects of the game... this might be a bit beyond what the game is trying to achieve... but who knows... might be something the writers have prepared for one of the character's story arc!

Toady626 likes this.