Shoutbox (Disabled)

Some thoughts about the Maker

Discussion in 'Feedback and Wishlist' started by Riveroo, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Riveroo

Riveroo Member

Well. I've been playing and toying around with the tool for a bit, and of course I could name a lot of things every single member of the team already knows, and (I'd say obviously) are going to be changed (or improved) at some point. So I'm not going to list everything, just some personal opinions on the initial release of the tool. :p
    • The idea is great. It's something that doesn't exist like a trillion times already. I'm actually surprised that there are people bothering with such things as the Fursona Maker. My respects to everyone involved in this project.
    • It looks very pretty. Obviously. But I wonder how the coloring (= thousands of combinations) works.
    • The first thing that came to my mind when hearing the music was "elevator". I have no idea if that's a good or a bad sign. :D
    • For the initial release, the combination possibilities are quite fine.
    So, as I said, this is a really early build, we all know that a lot of things are going to change, for example the strange bug(s) when trying to put some color marks on the Fursona. Someone probably reported them anyway. There are some things that I think could be (and some of them probably will be) added at some point. Like:
    • More species specific customization possibilities. The current range of species that can be put together to look not totally wrong is kinda sorta thin. For example: I wasn't able to put together a half way decent Kangaroo 'sona. Maybe I'm just too picky.
    • Maybe even some hints at fictive species (besides Dragons), for example various Digimon or Pok√©mon, since a lot of 'Sonas originate in one of those categories, e.g. I've seen some Lucario roaming around this community. Shoutouts to them.
    • A range of different poses. It gets kinda boring if every single Fursona you see created has the exact same mimic and pose.
    • More loading screen lines. There is not enough Sims.
    • Maybe a wider range of possible (different) Screenshot backgrounds
    • Maybe a bit of clothing. I heard the rumors of people who value clothing on their Fursona.
    Welp, that's all I can think of right now, I probably forgot some things or whatever. If you have any other ideas, tell me. I could add things to this post (and of course credit the person responsible for the respective addition). Cheers. :rolleyes:

2. Sara McCloud

Sara McCloud New Member

i think they should make it to where you can export the saved character to an image program like GIMP or MS Paint or something. And i think it would be cool to have the ability to cut/copy and paste the hex codes for the colors. The sliders are a little tricky to work with; i can get a color with r value 59, but when i try to copy said color, it goes to either 57 or 61. idk what else right now, but i think those would be a start.

3. HaniaThePariah

HaniaThePariah New Member

More templates for markings would help too, especially for feline 'sonas(just have the tiger stripes) of the spotted variety, and yes I know you can draw markings, but there are people who can't draw to save their life(like me). Perhaps more colour options for the eyes, allowing you have one shade mixed with flecks of another.

As you mentioned above Sara, the ability to export it to GIMP or MS Paint would be nice as well.

4. Sapphy

Sapphy New Member

Just so you guys know, copypasting hexcode DOES work. I've done this before.
    Regardless, I like all the suggestions mentioned here.