Shoutbox (Disabled)

So, there's a new furry movie coming out...

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Joshua, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Joshua

Joshua Member Dark Army Enthusiast

...And it looks like it's going to be really good. This trailer was released 10 hours ago, and it already has about 200,000 views on YouTube alone:

In case you're wondering, yes, there is already rule 34 for this movie, from the likes of Nick Wilde and Adam Wan, as well as others. Hoping that maybe Kabier/Jason will be making their own stuff soon.

:amsuave:

Flibble likes this.
  2. BOX

BOX Member

My God, a Disney film I'll actually go and watch in the cinema.
    I wonder if Fox News is calling it disgraceful and sinful yet.

3. Reeden

Reeden Member

I'm intrigued by the hype of this movie. This is, in no way, the first time Disney's done anthro. I think the reason the furry community clinged to it so fast, is that it has them wearing modern clothes, using 21st century technology. A lot of furries are eagerly adulating this movie, believing it will guide us into the world limelight as a professional artistic group of people, giving us a grand first impression to 7.3 billion children and adults. The Oklahoma chlorine gas didn't aid our reputation, and 1000 Ways to Die grouped us all in as dogfucking freaks. What also sets Zootopia aside from previous anthro films is that it explicitly used the word 'anthropomorphic', taking time in the trailer to define it. The furries have never upheld and idolized a movie in just a few hours after its announcement, so they have possibly established themselves as a massive demographic for the film. Even before the furries spotted it, Disney's producers have already laid out some plans for the movie, still directing the movie toward children and their parents. I have excellent hopes for this movie, and I can't imagine what effect it may have on the furry community.

4. BOX

BOX Member

I hope that the movie will help to shine a better light on the community, what with the trailer explaining so carefully what the definition means. Even though there's already a tag on E621 for it. Don't tell anyone about that.

5. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

You guys are aware the whole movie has nothing to do with the fandom right? Please don't try to claim it as "The Furry Movie". It's just a Disney movie, Disney has been making movies with Anthropomorphic creatures since forever (hello Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Robin Hood, Beauty and the Beast, Jungle Book, and maybe even Lion King in a certain perspective), this is no different.

6. nmart92

nmart92 New Member

Like Lennian said this is not a "furry movie".... anthropomorphic is the only term used to describe human like animals, while one can assume they have sex, this movie will not include furry lingo.... so no yiff LMAO!

7. That furry supporter

That furry supporter Member

I wonder