Shoutbox (Disabled)

So modding Amorous

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vaffle Fox, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Vaffle Fox

Vaffle Fox New Member

So I'm not 100% sure on how to ask this or even all the info related to it but Imma try.
    So the fan Amorous discord would love to mod it too keep the game's story going, the thing is literally no one in the discord knows a lick of modding or code...
    However if I'm not mistaken the game shouldn't be any harder to mod than Stardew and Terraria, due to the fact that it seems to be mostly .xnb .json and .dll, which if I'm not mistaken is what Stardew and Terraria are made up of, right?
    Now I've got no clue what this games engine is... (might be the game engine, Microsoft XNA Game Studio uses) but still I need to know if adding more content to the game is possible or not! But it seems to be possible to edit things on character sprites.

Long and the short I'm looking for help with the task of creating "content expansion" mods.

Also has a discord for this.
    Its in the shout box...

2. Klaus Japhet

Klaus Japhet New Member

I've tried extracting the .XNB files with a few different programs, including the GameTools Suite's GXView, but I consistently get the error message that these files aren't, in fact, .XNB files, meaning the traditional editors used for Terraria and Stardew Valley are useless for this game. I'd personally really like to know what software they used to make the game, because that's where the issue lies.

3. Vaffle Fox

Vaffle Fox New Member

I figured out the that engine for amorous is FNA, which is a engine based on Microsoft XNA, it's written in C#, so essentially think like Terraria or Stardew.

I hope that helps!

4. ToxTeth

ToxTeth New Member

Yeah, this is something a bit weird about them. You can use XNB tools on them, but you need to extract them first - since the actual XNB file are gzip compressed inside.
    So you need to extract the ".xnb" with an archiver (7-zip, Winrar, etc.) to get the XNB inside.

Then you can use your XNB tools and stuff on it.