Shoutbox (Disabled)

So, I made a mod for Amorous

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Willcario, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Willcario

Willcario New Member

Hello there! I'm rather new to the forums so I doubt any of you know about me, but I've been making audio-based mods for more than half of a year now. (To name a few games, things such as PAYDAY, etc)

I bet you're curious from the title, so I'll talk about that. I've seen a thread about getting the music from the game a while ago, it peaked my interest. So, I've found a way to insert any music I want into the dating game we all know 'n love. Though, there was some complications I ran into. Such as the music being a bit quieter than it should be and looping too early because the two files aren't the same length. Nethertheless, I feel like this is a opportunity for the community to personalize their game experience.

Right, so here's the mod I made and why I made it. Ever since I downloaded Amorous I ALWAYS thought of Hotline Miami at this scene.[​IMG]
    I don't know if it's the palm trees or the sunset or both, but I think you know where this is going.
    Miami by Jasper Byrne now plays instead of Detective's Scoop - Audio Driver, the music during the short driving scenes. So you can complete the Miami feel! (Still, it's somewhat of a joke)

And, here's the mod. (Take a moment to look at the image above with the music on and say to my face that it doesn't click)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4i9tf2hbg14hc6u/Hotline_Amorous.zip
    Now you're probably wondering, "What the hell do I do with this file?"
    Well, I'll explain how to install it as well!

1: Locate your amorous folder.
    2: Navigate to amorous - public - Amorous_Data
    3:
    (Make a copy of the original file incase you want it back!) Replace sharedassets7.assets.resS with the one from the download.
    4:
    That's it. Now that wasn't so hard, now was it?

Though, apologies that I didn't make a demonstration of this in action. As of right now I don't have the means to do so.

So, should Amorous modding become a thing?

Rio The Arctic Fox and Lennian like this.
  2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Care to elaborate on the modding tools you used, and if it supports more than just audio? We're totally working towards some initial modding support to make our own pipeline easier.

3. Willcario

Willcario New Member

As of right now, I can only do audio, I'm unsure about changing anything else. Now doing what I did is actually easier than you think. You don't need any tools at all. (Though I used Goldwave to make edits to the file, I would recommend Audacity too.) I got the .mp3, .ogg, .wav, etc renamed it to sharedassets7.assets and changed the extension to .resS instead of what is was originally.

If the Amorous developers want to include modding support for Amorous and maybe even BBS, that would be great!

4. Rio The Arctic Fox

Rio The Arctic Fox Active Member

fits perfectly!

5. DyslexicZombieEatBrians

DyslexicZombieEatBrians New Member

Though I like the original soundtrack, I think this song fits welll. I love to use mods so I'm all for this idea.

6. TheHatedNiceOne

TheHatedNiceOne New Member

I can't argue with this guy, that scene does remind me of hotline Miami.