Shoutbox (Disabled)

Sleep & Dreams

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Scrydan, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Scrydan

Scrydan Active Member Team Amorous Supporter Dark Army Enthusiast

Sleeping is inevitable to all who keep their mortal coil. Of course, many also have dreams. So here's another thread to start some more conversation. :3

How late do you usually stay up before sleeping? And do you love sleeping long hours or do you usually take many power naps? And how often do you remember your dreams and how much of it? Do you even keep track of it?

I know I sure do. While my sleep schedule can be all sorts of messed up, I do dream quite often remembering much or all of a dream or 3 that night. I once had a dream that inspired me to code a feature as it literally quite spelled out how to do it.

Let's hear about them dreams. :3

2. Nadia

Nadia Member

I have some problems to fall asleep, so often I stay until 0:00 or longer until I can sleep.

I like to sleep long hours if I can fall asleep early enough.

I don't remeber many of my dreams, and mostly only parts of it, except for my nightmares, I remember all of them to the end.

Not realy.

3. Scrydan

It looks like I completely forgot to sleep. Guess I'll start at 5:36 AM instead? One thing I've noticed is that I have more chance to remember my dreams if I am dead tired and pass out from exhaustion. Don't recommend it, but its an option.

4. Cyborg-Lucario

Cyborg-Lucario Active Member

When I go to sleep seems to depend on the time of the day, erh... night. Sometimes I have no trouble going to sleep, while other times, I can't be still in my bed.

It does happen that I wake up either five or six o'clock. But that's because of my cats who wants food earlier in the morning, or attention. But I try to sleep again until 8 o'clock.

5. NekoVeil

NekoVeil New Member

I'll sleep at 11pm in the earliest if I know I have to, but normally not until 00:30 to 3am, normally if I find something and can't stop, lol.

Long hours, I don't wake 'til around 11:30 normally; but I do take cat naps during the day.

I either remember them for a few days or forget them at wake. I never really know.

Nope, if it was a good enought dream, I'll remember it.

6. Patrigue

Patrigue Member

Oh man. I usually only get 5-6 hours of sleep because I don't fall asleep until 1am, so I don't usually have really vivid dreams, but when I do, they are so freaking weird! I actually kept a journal of all my weird dreams.

One time, an anthro skunk had a gun aimed at me. She shouted, "Give me one reason I shouldn't blow your head off!" I shouted back the only thing I could think of... "I'M PREGNANT!" And she believed me! Put the gun down and walked away and everything!

Another one was an episode of Rugrats where the Rugrats were trying to save the world from giant swarms of bees.

One that was a National Geographic nature doc about a while cyan animal that looked a mix between a rhino and a mecha from Metal Gear Solid 4. Also, the animal could talk and it had the voice of Steve Merchant and cursed at all the cameramen about how crappy his life is. I think he played PC games too, which I don't know how since Rhino Steve only had two legs and no hands.

In one Nyquil-fueled dream, I went on a Woody Allen themed roller coaster in order to solve the mystery of a joke to which everyone knew the punchline, but nobody knew the set-up (the punchline was 77, just the number 77).

These are just the ones I remember of the top of my head. I should look for my old journal. Some of the stuff was WTF gold!

7. Icefreeze

Icefreeze Member

Yeah, thooooooooooose dreams...

Such as one where I was at a shrek themed christmas party and fled into a sewer system that secretly housed a school that taught people how to take baths and showers.

Or when a Bear-nado attacked a house in Montana (even though I live no where near Montana, I remember it being in Montana)

Or when an orca went around- FLYING -eating everyone on an outdoor airplane.

8. Patrigue

Patrigue Member

Or when you're in a shopping mall that has a bottomless pit, a tennis court, a Sonic the Hedgehog puppet show, and a weird, skinny guy wearing nothing but leather briefs and piercings all over his body chasing you around.

Or when you're a cell in your own body and you start crying because you can't believe how amazing and beautiful it is that all of these cells are working together in harmony.

Or when you're having tea with the Beatles in Abbey Road Studios, but you can't concentrate because there are hands and feet sticking out of the walls and they're all banging on percussion instruments.

9. Icefreeze

Icefreeze Member

Or when you are trying to run through laser beam shooting barrels while a skeleton in a suit tries to kill you, and you then proceed to hop on a violent nemo themed kiddie ride to escape him.

Or we your backpack suggests that you do your homework while it eats a MHFO poster. (I don't even want to know what the hell prompted that dream.)

Or when a penguin stuffed animal ferries people across Canada by traveling through the Mantle.

Or when you live in a funky furry world where everyone hangs out in this lake (of which I guess they can breath in, 'cause everyone was underwater, and I swear half of the characters I saw were Amaterasu re-skins) and where crazy demon crocodiles drag you away if you leave the lake at night. (That dream was actually really cool, and I was honestly disappointed when my alarm woke up.)

Speaking of which, the most annoying thing is when my alarm works in way into my dreams, and it sounds like the environment I'm in is about to explode. I'll be having a dream that I'm part of a plushie smuggling ring sneaking our cargo underneath South America in a submarine, and suddenly the submarine starts sinking because I hear that awful noise. (And yes, that actually happened.)

10. Patrigue

Patrigue Member

This! Yes! Oh man, I once had a dream where I won a contest to visit the Pyramids of Egypt. When I got there, the tour guide led to the catacombs of the pyramid. It got to the point were the tunnel to the insides was pitch black. It was then that I heard the voice, "We've been waiting for you to return."

BLAM! THE RADIO GOES OFF! And while I don't mind the Billboard Top 40, I can assure you that when I awoke, all I could think was I wasn't done with that dream yet!!!!! Biggest! Freaking! Cliffhanger! Ever!

11. Scrydan

I have had many dreams lately influenced by what I feel asleep to and woke up by. It is like I can remember everything only if I listen to whatever that was play again - even if it had nothing to do with what happened in dream. Sort of like a combination lock in memory. Something like some of the tricks I use to remember more dreams.

12. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

I dreamed about the Amorous and BBS code last night, being restless like that isn't fun.

13. Icefreeze

Icefreeze Member

That made my day. I once had a dream about some of the art I drew, it coming off the paper and eating my closet.

By the way, this is completely off topic, but I didn't want to spam the forum with a new topic- has the change log shown at the end of v0.2 changed in anyway? Is only the date path for Jax going to be available for v0.3? Or have you added more since then? Sorry to bother you, I'd just love to know.

EDIT: I just saw your reply to the post on allysta- green's profile, and you mentioned that two dates will be available in v0.3. Are you permitted to disclose which character the second will be? Or is that classified information?
    Plz be Skye D:

Yep, pretty much. I was once dreaming that I was on some sort of interstellar transportation vessel, and as we were moving, my alarm went off, and in the dream, a hole was ripped in the side of the ship and I quite literally couldn't breath. I woke up gasping for air.

Damn dreams trying to be way to realistic. :/

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  14. Lennian

I had a few very annoying issues, so spend way too much time on it and after eventually fixing it and finishing up I immediately went to bed instead of first relaxing a bit. What happens then is that the issue I already solved keeps going through my head. I just can't put it aside and I never get into a good deep sleep.

15. Icefreeze

Icefreeze Member

Gah, that sucks. I've had a few instances like that, where after I've completed something and checked it over a quadrillion times, I still cannot shake the feeling that I did something wrong. :/

16. Robyn

Robyn Active Member

I love doing long RPs before I go to bed because I usually have wet dreams about them.

Nothing better than seeing a drawing of your scene than to actually live it.

17. Cyborg-Lucario

Cyborg-Lucario Active Member

Last night (when my cat wasn't disturbing me) so did I dream of being in a game where you have to run away from the animatronics from FNAF (a game series I haven't played, only watched LPs of), but instead of running away like other players, I had sex with Foxy the Pirate (would have preffered doing it with a reconstructed Mangle instead, especially if she had a big pair of something. :amflirty: ).

Not sure how that came to be, since I didn't do anything that was related to FNAF yesterday. :confused:

18. Robyn

Robyn Active Member

It's alright. As furries, we're obliged to have at least one FNAF-related wet dream.

19. Icefreeze

Icefreeze Member

Oh god, the Mangle? I've never really thought about it, but the Mangle sure has a lot of appendages. Imagine what it could do with those... :rolleyes:

Hmm. Haven't had one of those yet. Although I think I had one about Shadow of the Colossus, which is really disturbing to me. I mean, wtf? And I think they were furries to. I've really had to question why SotC furries were a thing.

20. Lennian

@Icefreeze because all the colossi in SotC are, well... literally furry? Even the bird and the fish had fur to grab on to, it was a core gameplay mechanic x3