Shoutbox (Disabled)

Shoutbox shenanigans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lennian, Jun 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

As you might have noticed, a few issues regarding the shoutbox have arised.

@Jasonafex and @Kabier were basically creeped out by the fanboy-ism the second they load up the site - ending up in them just hiding their status so their every move is now untraceable.

A few people have been known to instigate trolling and encouraging the creation of alt-accounts. While its technically not against the rules to have multiple accounts given they are legit in their way of participating on the forum, using them for trolling is. Be warned: If I spy alt-accounts trolling or breaking any of the other rules, this will have consequences for their main account.

The shoutbox is a place of quick interaction, without the need of creating threads. It's a fun place and I'd like to keep it that way. However, I will use harsher methods in the future if it keeps giving problems, on which I'm not going into detail at this time.

All the forum-rules apply to the shoutbox as well, on top of that: If people are getting uncomfortable with the topic you are discussing - politely drop it when asked to. Last week there was a topic about suicide and it made a lot of people depressed and sad, and it went on and on. If something like this happens: ask for some contact details and talk to someone directly, do not use the shoutbox for this.

In terms of getting a moderator: All Team Amorous members are moderators, the problem is however that the moderation control in the shoutbox is limited without administration rights. Even if we would have dedicated moderators, the flow of "fixing things" doesn't change. It's either 1) I get PM's and resolve the issue or 2) I read a post in a moderator section and resolve the issue. Actions against users is always a team decision, not that of a single moderator.

That is all.

2. K3TA

K3TA Member

Acknowledged will try my hardest to comply

3. Robyn

Robyn Active Member

"fanboy-ism the second they load up the site" oh goodness christ, the automatic cringe...

4. K3TA

K3TA Member

I was regretably guilty of that one

5. MuppetNecking

MuppetNecking Active Member

This is completely off topic, but...yay, title alliteration!

6. Zel Rai

Zel Rai New Member

Thankfully the only thing I'm guilty of is sexual roleplay.

7. soulus42

soulus42 Member Team Amorous Supporter

It did get out of hand rather quickly. While I don't think I was one of the people who went over the top, I apologise for doing so as it was not my intention.

8. Frothgar

Frothgar Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

"@Jasonafex and @@Kabier were basically creeped out by the fanboy-ism the second they load up the site - ending up in them just hiding their status so their every move is now untraceable."

This is their own fault, maybe if they showed interest in the community more then once in a blue moon then it wouldnt be like that. What did they think would happen when they show there faces like once every month, especially when they are supposed to be the creators of this game.

Grandpriest and Dalaxsis like this.
  9. Robyn

Robyn Active Member

Ok, no. You can't blame the two of them because of how the community behaved. Besides contributing with the team on the construction of the other game, and working on the new comic, and working on new animations, AND having their own lives outside the online world, they still make some time to check on this forum, and they do that because... well, if I had to guess, probally to see if we didn't manage to destroy this whole page already, but I'm fairly sure that they don't do that just to be greeted by people that act like mindless 15 year old fanboys. Yes, they're fairly popular, so it's understandable why people would act like that, but come on... have some common sense, guys. They're people too. They want to talk to you as people aswell, not to exchange words with someone that's gonna be "OMG UR JASONAFEX/KABIER ILY SO MUCH" or something along those lines. That's just embarassing.

Reeden and Joshua like this.
  10. soulus42

As it was said, things got out of hand quickly. Hopefully they will eventually show their presence again, just hope that when they do things don't go crazy as it did.

11. Frothgar

No I cant blame them for how the community behaved but at the same time the community would not behave like this if they showed there faces more than they have like I said in the previous post. And its not my fault they might have taken on more then they can handle, they want to start something like this and then leave all the headaches to Lennian, and they run away at the site of fanboys, again this is there own fault.

12. Robyn

Robyn Active Member

Oh boy, where to start...

No, regardless if they appeared in this place hourly, considering the ammount of new members that join this forum every day - some even with just the main goal of meeting Jasonafex/Kabier themselves instead of actually discussing about the games in hand - chances are the community would've still reacted the same way it did, but that's not the point. Point is it's not the fact of how frequent they appear or post on the forum that will resemble the community's appearence to them... like Bill Nye once said: "that just makes no f***ing sense". If they choose to appear once every few days - which they are more than allowed to, considering the ammount of stuff they do to keep patreon supporters happy - the least the community can do is not act like desperate fanboys when they show up if they expect them to appear more often in this place. We're supposed to be welcoming, talk to them as if they're people because, suprise suprise, they really are people. Give them the wrong impression and voilá, stuff like them hiding their status every time they log in will happen.

Also... Leave all the headache to Lennian? Are you aware that there's a whole team working behind Amorous? The simple fact that Lennian chooses to post more frequently in comparation to the other staff members does not reflect with the fact that he is gaining more pressure from his work from both the game making and the community's state itself. It just means that he likes to post in comparation to other staff members.

DaraSilverDragon likes this.
  13. Frothgar

*thumbs up* we all have our opinions and thats you'res...

14. MuppetNecking

Last I heard, IF Kabs and Jason decide to lurk the chatbox again, it will be under under Lennian's supervision, so HOPEFULLY, this fanboyism plague won't infect this place again.

15. Robyn

Robyn Active Member

:amsmuggy:

16. DaraSilverDragon

DaraSilverDragon Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

I must have missed something

Calm yer tits guys; and I expect more than victim-blaming from you, Frothgar. I'm disappointed.

Joshua likes this.
  17. soulus42

I think you did, I don't recall if you were on at the time when Kabier and Jasonafex came on somewhat recently.

18. Frothgar

"Victim" huh never saw them as victims, but whatever was merely pointing out what I saw. And thats fine if your disappointed, cant win all the time.

19. MuppetNecking

Regardless, I think we can all agree that this was a valuable learning experience for everyone.

20. Dalaxsis

Dalaxsis Member

I totally agree. Unacceptable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.