Shoutbox (Disabled)

Support Seth date crash after coffee

Discussion in 'Support' started by macmaster2000, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macmaster2000

macmaster2000 New Member

The moment I leave the coffee shop, and after the drive home, the game crashes.
    Says it can't access the autosave file, even though I have done everything as an admin, verified all, and moved to the root of the drive.

Log:
    [0000.00] Error: Unhandled exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\solve\games\amorous\windows\Saves\autosave_0.sav' is denied.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents)
    at _9UEaQNZrUa633BmXGcjaCXKuZeG._PZl6ir3NtACgnOznTVhf8Zcj3de(Int32 , _4EfbFpgqEqDe0Rx9fBai394y5Fb , String ) in _JCNAOQtrZNKUxluwgoERg7ajp0T:line 43
    at _ueaP8UTbHiS28QxwPRYJ9bBeNdS._TS2XR3sQ2IIBdzjq1OgUWgmPCyH(Int32 ) in _ULiVyXBaZmqAQe77bHGNNAIbgMZ:line 730
    at _ueaP8UTbHiS28QxwPRYJ9bBeNdS._ql7B7ABARMMeX3AWEVfXGRNS21cb() in _ULiVyXBaZmqAQe77bHGNNAIbgMZ:line 712
    at _dni3aWdxXSWBBzGRM3sffR924ZR._dZPDFDVVHGDMYyFCDRMlpmfllne() in _CTjqF2pfTzGgnWk7RnMRa8w1nei:line 123
    at _dni3aWdxXSWBBzGRM3sffR924ZR._lFEiYwkp4K3f6RbX3D8kxIU3QJd(GameTime ) in _CTjqF2pfTzGgnWk7RnMRa8w1nei:line 138
    at _ueaP8UTbHiS28QxwPRYJ9bBeNdS.‮‫‌‪‌‌‍‭‍‮‌‎‍‪‍‭‪‪‮‫‍‮‬‮(_dni3aWdxXSWBBzGRM3sffR924ZR , GameTime )
    at _ueaP8UTbHiS28QxwPRYJ9bBeNdS._lFEiYwkp4K3f6RbX3D8kxIU3QJd(GameTime ) in _ULiVyXBaZmqAQe77bHGNNAIbgMZ:line 251
    at _UL3Ojy5b9EpcVjwdtWzLMSTjTjr._lFEiYwkp4K3f6RbX3D8kxIU3QJd(GameTime ) in _aCc1kdx6Ms2gqwt6eBtdjEwJUWE:line 76
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
    at _aknRPLIWfy07sXrR3XGNGybPmCd._LFgGWcWvsAsAviZhusM0Exezjoj() in _G27kS9sZTMRksfpdVYAl8H9nXao:line 43

2. WeisserWolf

WeisserWolf Member

I think "moved to the root of the drive" is your issue-there are some things that, even with admin rights, can't be read from or written to when it comes to the root of the system drive. Could also be that, despite running the game as an admin, some processes within the game may not execute as an admin for whatever reason (doubtful but just a spitball thought :3). I'd try moving everything to your desktop and see what happens

3. macmaster2000

macmaster2000 New Member

:( That's the strange part, I had it on my desktop in the first place, with the same problem.

4. WeisserWolf

WeisserWolf Member

hmm...I'd check the permissions of the game's folder to make sure you and/or an admin have write access to it (under the properties->security tab). That's all I can really think of-but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable with the inner workings of the game can assist :3

5. macmaster2000

macmaster2000 New Member

Ok now I really feel dumb, I went to check the properties of the folder and read only was checked! Sure enough jumping through the run and no problems now. Thanks for the help, I didn't even know you could change that kind of stuff!

6. WeisserWolf

WeisserWolf Member

oh! I think it probably marked it as read-only when you moved it to the root of the drive (think, that being where all the system folders are, it just does that by default?)-glad I was able to help! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.