Shoutbox (Disabled)

Scariest Horror Moment?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by MuppetNecking, Jun 2, 2015.

1. MuppetNecking

MuppetNecking Active Member

There's been all sorts of horror movies, books, and games. This thread is devoted to posting what horror moment YOU have personally found the scariest. I'll start off with one scene I never seem to be able to forget.

Rio The Arctic Fox likes this.
  2. TiberiousWolf

TiberiousWolf New Member

Every time i play this scene from this game, i get freaked the fuck out

MikeFoxclaw and Bourlingueur like this.
  3. BOX

BOX Member

The baby giggling from The Descent. The horrendous, nightmare inducing baby giggling. I actually couldn't sleep for a few days, and I started hallucinating to the point where I would hear the hellish baby giggling at night. :eek:

4. Anthony :D

Anthony :D New Member

Like, every moment the Babadook is present in the Babadook Movie. The movie is such a psychological thrill, It truly delves into some dark shit, and has the best portrayal of what it is like to be a single mom, me, being a kid raised by a single mom for quite some time, felt like it showed the true difficulty of what raising a kid is, let alone by yourself.

5. Riveroo

Riveroo Member

Basically this and the chase scene during "DREAM".

Also, does anyone remember Amnesias shadow? Those moments, when the screen fades to black, fades in at a red tone and then there's that red slimy kind of tissue thing appearing out of nowhere along with shaking and background noises. Example: The cistern hall and the last room before Alexander...

6. Silent Dreamer

Silent Dreamer New Member

I am quite sure this tops quite a lot of them, unless you live in the city of Chicago, then you'd probably experienced worst. Anywho, during my freshman year of high school, my class was returning from this one lake where we ran two miles. On the way back, some deranged maniac in a rusted, brown pick-up truck whips an old Swiss army knife out the window and it goes straight for me. I was roughly 4 yards ahead of my group, there was no one close to me. All of the sudden, I felt a hard shove from my left side, and the knife missed me by an inch. Guardian Angel much?

7. Rio The Arctic Fox

Rio The Arctic Fox Active Member

the worst I've experienced so far was to have entered the Japanese website

www.lomando.com

8. Sapphy

Sapphy New Member

There are a lot of moments that can be considered scary for me. An example, as stupid as this may seem include this story...

You see, I'm a casual RPG game developer and I love to listen to music as I work. However, one of my scariest experiences while doing so is when the room is dark and all I have is the light of the computer. To help get in the mood, I start up the Library theme from RE2 and work. As I do so, I slowly turn around...

The room looks darker, and my heart begins to race. I'm internally worried for my inner safety, and someone calls my name. I freak out briefly, but breath out in relief as it's not something scary. I dunno, but having certain songs on during different parts of the day can really make my sanity dive down to unsafe levels.

9. Harambe

Harambe Active Member Dark Army Enthusiast

When you watch your paycheck disappear by paying your bills. OOOOH SCARY!

Legend Heart likes this.
  10. Bourlingueur

Bourlingueur Member

To be fair, the library theme from RE2 is pretty frickin... evil. :D

The theme on the first floor of the police station is great as well if you want to scare yourself~

11. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

@Bourlingueur I keep being fascinated about your signature... The dog is missing his front two legs?

12. Bourlingueur

Bourlingueur Member

Ayup, I'm pretty sure that's the case, but I don't know the source of that gif and the context. I just found it around the Internet and thought it was pretty kewl. :>

13. Spleriia Emperor Splerii

Spleriia Emperor Splerii Active Member

Pay attention to this very real moment. Take it seriously cause this ain't a joke nor prank.

On October 13th, at about 4 PM, I was riding a jeep home from school when there was a big commotion in the streets. Turns out that it was a vigilante shootout incident that was linked to illegal drugs that happened not that long ago. As the jeep I rode on passes through, I could clearly see the lifeless corpse of a bearded man lying on his back across his motorcycle and around his small pool of blood with a large gunshot wound to his left eye. There were police officers present and I could overhear them that the suspect's bullet entered the victim's eye and it penetrated all the way through his head.

Despite my martial-like personality, that moment sends chills down my spine. Ever wonder the pain from a gunshot in the head? *groans*

14. Legend Heart

Legend Heart Member

Replying to an old post here but eh...

I am a horror movie fan, and love a lot of them (even some of the really bad ones). *Cough* Birdemic *Cough* Rubber *Cough* but I find real life scenarios more frightening. Although this isn't quite as bad as some of you may have scene or experienced it still creeped the f*** out of me.

So I was about 13 at the time and I was staying at my friends house for the day because my mother decided she didn't want to come home, and forgot to unlock the door for me. -_- So not wanting to stay at my friends for to long afraid I was trouble for their parents, being around dinner time I said I was going to try and walk to another friends house (about a half-mile away) to see if I could stay there for a while. When I got there after about a 30 min walk/run I was out of breath and knocked on the door. My luck, no one was home. I set out to my previous friends house again around 7:00 and it was getting dark (Thanks Mom).

I was waiting at a crosswalk, looking around when I saw two older guys (Seniors or college students most likely) walk out of the convenient store. They started pointing at me and talking to each other, which made me a bit uncomfortable. As soon as the light to cross turned I started to pick up my pace toward my friend's neighborhood. I started to slow down a bit when I realized I was probably panicking for no reason, and I had put some good distance between us. I decided to take a shortcut through a school field directly to my friends house. I started hearing something and turned around, they were twice as close as the last time I saw them and they were following me. I acted normal and continued on thinking maybe this is where they live to. I turned back around and they were twice as close as before! I started to freak out because they started to whisper to each other. I walked quickly backwards staring strait at them giving them a slight friendly wave for who knows how long before my brain was like GET THE F*** OUT OF HERE!

I turned immediately and sprinted toward the small path into the neighborhood. I heard the guys laughing behind me and their own footsteps getting slowly closer to me! I made it to the path and sprinted down, luckily my friends house was directly to the left. I jumped the fence (don't ask me how) and opened the door without knocking, closing it as fast as possible behind me. I locked the door and looked out the window to see the two guys silently staring at me. I closed the blinds and hid in my friends room for the rest of the night until my mom called me at around 8:45 and I told her I refused to walk the block to my house alone.

Movie wise I have to say

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  15. Spleriia Emperor Splerii

Spleriia Emperor Splerii Active Member

The scariest horror moments that I ever experienced recently was from the time I started watching long Youtube videos about the so-called Ouija boards. As of right now, I already knew from the past that the use of a Ouija board of an untrained paranormal person were strictly forbidden due to the fact that there were a lot of news of people being possessed in such paranormal or supernatural means from the use of it but this one is different.

When I started to watch these videos on Youtube to keep my boredom away, I been expecting something that totally bugged me off as I prepared for this year's Halloween and All Saints' Day. Every time I watch something at about 4 or 5 PM, I feel a bit uneasy. My hands started to shake unexpectedly and I have a tendency to faint or sleep more heavily. I don't know what's going on but as soon I stopped watching these short horror videos, strange things started to happen.

There's also a saying from my friends that I shouldn't watch the videos in the first place. When they said that, I simply replied back that I'm just watching the Youtube videos about it, not playing the real thing. They then tried to persuade me not to watch the videos again but I ignored them since some of friends have the habit of making warnings to situations that doesn't happened before. Apparently, this anecdote happened just a few days before I watched those Ouija board videos for hours inside my house.

As the days go by, I then suffered from a severe bout of stomach aches. It suddenly came as I was sleeping at about 2 AM in the morning. At first, the pain is so unbearable that I could scream in pain at any moment. I never to taken a simple medication at that time because I forgot to buy some but about an hour and a half after enduring it, the symptoms disappeared and I finally returned to sleep.

After what happened that night, the strange things that I sensed around me and the ones that I experienced firsthand finally ended. It was a relief but in my words, that would be a short-lived one. I'm not sure what will happened to me next but I kept saying to myself that I should ignore it and continue on the other things I haven't finished yet from that point on. So that's that for all.

16. Shadowblade019

Shadowblade019 New Member

I used to be a big Bozo the Clown fan, till my dad tricked me one night watching Stephen King's 'It' he told me it was a late night movie of Bozo the Clown of the 1980 show and I was 5 years old at the time and my biggest scary moment is when the little kid in the raincoat got attack and they show pennywise's face with fangs out scared the s*** out of me have nightmares for weeks.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  17. TobiasB

TobiasB Member

you know the bit on Alien, in the vent, where he jumps out and kills Dallas. that earrape kills me everytime.