Shoutbox (Disabled)

Fixed Saving character unsuccessful

Discussion in 'Issues and Bugs' started by Bluesun, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Bluesun

Bluesun New Member

After some troubleshooting and testing with different designs, I've found why on occasions a character may not save.
    It relates to the markings design and if it's blank or not.

If starting with a new character, a random template is chosen. If the tamplate is either the canine, rodent, or dragon.
    If the user decides that they do not want a design and choose blank, than the character will not save at all.
    However, if just changing to a different design, it will succeed.
    This also applies to loading a saved character, if the character has design markings and it is changed to blank, the character will not be saved.

That's all. I'll look into a solution around this until an update fixes it.

2. Bluesun

Bluesun New Member

On further inspection of the character save files, it appears to relate to the "markingPairs" part.
    There doesn't appear to be an actual blank design for the markings, alls it does is set a blank design which is different from the bodyshape.

Eg:
    "Bodies":"Muscular_femanine" + "markingPairs":{"Bodies":"Body_builder/Belly"}= blank
    "Bodies":"Muscular_femanine" + "markingPairs":{"Bodies":"Muscular_femanine/Belly"}= solid belly design
    "Bodies":"Muscular_femanine" + "markingPairs":{"Bodies":"Muscular_femanine/Ribs"}= lined belly design
    "Bodies":"Muscular_femanine" + "markingPairs":{"Bodies":"Muscular_femanine/Stripes"}= tiger stripes

Hope this helps.

3. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Try manually changing the marking-pair to "Bodies":"Muscular_femanine/None", where Muscular_femanine is your actual Body-name.

Good find though, I have just been able to replicate this. On a different note, a confirmation it saved or not might be nice too.