Shoutbox (Disabled)

Realistic Relationships

Discussion in 'Feedback and Wishlist' started by GreenFlames88, Jul 19, 2015.

?

Do you agree with me?

1. Read it, Like it, Do it.

50.0%
  2. No. Just No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I like some of the things listed, but not all of them

30.6%
  4. [Insert Troll-y Remark Here]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. You bring up some good points, but can we make it an optional game mode or something?

19.4%
  1. GreenFlames88

GreenFlames88 New Member

Please read the list before choosing an answer in the poll!

I've seen a lot of dating sims that say they're story and character driven and then allow you to date anyone in the world with no consequences, I don't want this to be Amorous.
    As the title suggests, I'd like the game to be more realistic... well, as realistic as a dating simulator based off of a fandom of anthropomorphic animals can be, that is... The #1 thing I want to see is certain characters reacting to the player's choices, either by commenting on them, rewarding them, punishing them, or just not caring either way. Here's a list of things more specific things I'd like to see:

1) Approval Rating - A viewable stat of each character that determines whether or not your relationship with them is going well.
    2) Jealousy - Some date-able characters react negatively to the player dating other people.
    3) Polygamy and Monogamy - Certain characters have different views on relationships, namely those two back there, yeah at the start, what do you think I meant?
    4) Gifts - Some characters need more than words to tell if you care about them or not.
    5) Doms, Subs, and Switches - For NPCs, pre-set for each character For Players, a before sex choice of what position you wish to be in (Optionally, a sex shop can be added to buy strap-ons if you are, or are having sex with a female)
    6) GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS - Being gay myself, I personally don't mind the current all-male cast of Amorous, but some people want to play as and with the girls.
    7) Endgame Marriage...? - Possibly? Perhaps? Maybe? Please?

If you made it this far, Congratulations! You've earned a virtual hug! If you didn't make it this far then you won't know I called you a jerk (justkiddingpleasedontkillme), tell me your opinions either through the comments, the poll, or both. If you chose the "I like some of things listed but not all" choice in the poll, you can tell me which ones you don't like if you want to

2. drameron

drameron New Member

About that, it would be better to see a biological/adopted child at the end intstead, since the gay mariage "dress" is hard to work on. (who is wearing the bride dress or both in groom?)

3. GreenFlames88

GreenFlames88 New Member

Being gay and married myself I can tell you that unless you're marrying a cross-dresser, are a cross-dresser, or have a huge sense of humor, it's likely that you'll both be in tuxes

But I'll admit that a kid probably sounds better to most people than my idea

4. radman1889

radman1889 Member

My opinions on your suggestions:

1. (Approval Rating) - Sounds good. Would more or less be a gauge til you're to a point where you can sex em. :p
    2. (Jeaslousy) - Interesting, but that's about it. It'd cut off you doing specific dates with others, and that's not fun.
    3. (Polygamy and Monogamy) - Wouldn't this just be written into their dialogue? :confused:
    4. (Gifts) - This was already a thing somewhat in Seth's date. But having to do more to get them I'd be all for.
    5. (Doms, Subs, and Switches) - Would be fun. I think it'd be best to stick that choice with just the player, but that's just me.
    6. (GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS) - And I'm straight and want this too. :p But it's already been said that both female dates are coming. But taking female player into account will be a ways off.
    7. (Endgame Marriage) - Very much yes! I so want to put a ring on Skye's finger! :D

Claps for all the neat suggestions. though. You put some effort into it.

Dark-Signal and drameron like this.
  5. GreenFlames88

GreenFlames88 New Member

Jealousy - This is the main reason why I put the "Optional Game Mode" choice in the poll
    Polygamy and Monogamy - Yeah it'll be in their dialogue, but I meant it to tie in with Jealousy, or maybe an in-game encounter choosing to hide or tell them about your other relationship(s)
    Doms, Subs, and Switches - the main reason I added the NPC part of the description is because they all seem to be subs at the moment
    The Girls - I'm well aware that they're working on the female dates, female players are the focus in this one

6. TensaiNeko

TensaiNeko New Member

I pretty much feel like all of these could really enhance the game, except for one.

1) Approval Rating - I kinda like the idea, but a viewable stat feels kinda... immersion breaking. I was thinking more along the lines of certain dialogue to hint at the status of the relationship. Much how you open up more easily with someone you trust.

2) Jealousy - You already have the 'Optional' Option covered for this. I like it very much, might tie into the characters pasts. Like feeling betrayed again as a side lover, or having experience with polyamory. Which leads to...

3) Polygamy and Monogamy - This can be said common for some dating sims that allow a 'Harem Ending' of sorts. But really Monogamy or Binogamy(?) are more appropriate for the story, not to mention less program heavy for the developers.

4) Gifts - I feel like gifts are covered decently in the current build. Like the option to bring Jax a type of food, or the option to bring Seth either flowers or Wine, or when given the option to get a signed book for him. Also, an Inventory screen doesn't sit well with the current build. If the system were to change to a more RPG-ish interface, then maybe.

5) Doms, Subs, and Switches - I find this somewhat troubling; Dom and Sub is something I would imagine is integrated into their character and not something likely to change so easily, not after only a few dates, so switching might be out. Kinda being a Negative Nancy on this one because of the implications with animations. I dunno, maybe possible, can't be sure. Also, strap-on, most likely doable, since it could share the model for Males.

6) GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS - Nothing to be said here... Move along.

7) Endgame Marriage...? - Augh, I am crit torn between yes and no. Most dating sims that I've played have always left the ending vague, usually on a happy note to let your imagination fill in the blanks. And that is usually fine, I like leaving the ambiguity for each person.
    Then again, considering how much I've enjoyed the writers' wit and expression of the characters, I kinda wanna see what their ideal 'happy ending' would be like...

So, no yeah. Good points.

7. Nsti

Nsti Member

Let's be honest. Most furries are into polygamy (SO called "Open relationships" which is no relationship and sluttery for me)

and I can say I've suggested already epilog story after finishing "Relationship story"

8. radman1889

radman1889 Member

Well I wouldn't say most 'furries' are, but I'd wager most 'fursonas' are polygamous (Spell?). I know mine is. X3

9. Nsti

Nsti Member

I live in Poland . In Polish fandom majority of furries are having sex with each other . They say that only right relationship for furries in open relationship and if you disagree with them they all make huge drama and reject you .

That's why I really REALLY hate open relationships and slutty furs

10. Skyshatter

Skyshatter New Member

I'd like to include getting a job as something to juggle. We know the player is unemployed so how about we get a part time job to fill the void til we can get a full time job. I got the impression the player character didn't have a lot of money at the beginning so will at least be something to juggle for players that might net new options for dates, buy clothes, or stuff to decorate your room with.

11. radman1889

radman1889 Member

This is sounding more like one of those dating sims where you have X amount of days to do stuff, and I don't like those. Any sort of 'management' mechanic would ruin the game methinks.

12. Nsti

Nsti Member

Ehem Common Grounds