Shoutbox (Disabled)

question about Mecry,

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kdawgmaster, Mar 16, 2017.

1. kdawgmaster

kdawgmaster New Member Team Amorous Supporter

I'm just wondering since Mercy has a Submissive and Dominate line with regards to her answers are there different out comes? I've tried various different means to see if this gets anywhere different with the relationship of the two characters, her being bottom or you, and all seem to lead to the same outcome.

DrReverb and Zohatu like this.
  2. Demonsavor

Demonsavor New Member

I saw that to and was wondering the same thing but now i assume its just their to make conversations more fun i guess

3. Asriel Dreamurr

Asriel Dreamurr Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

I think it's just like Zenith ( and future dates ), just more dialogue possibilities, but not a bonus sex scene !

4. kdawgmaster

kdawgmaster New Member Team Amorous Supporter

while judging by mercy's character i would say that giving us the option to allow her to explore her dominate side and everything and allow for a top or bottom experience would be fun.

Zohatu and Sir Wolf like this.
  5. LimeDragon27

LimeDragon27 Member

My way lead to Mercy on the bottom, mission accomplished.

6. Jenie

Jenie Member

I'm in the same boat, everything i try always leads to her being bottom.
    It's something that drives me nuts about a lot of the characters.
    Females i get, they only got the outies.
    But i keep hoping the males or even Mercy had the option some how.
    I kept playing through it hoping if i did just the right thing, you could bottom for her to.
    No such luck.
    Kinda drives me nuts, cause it does not make me feel like i am playing as ME, but rather some pre determined .. character that no matter what, you're either getting pounded or doing the pounding based on the character path you choose.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    DrReverb and Zohatu like this.
  7. LimeDragon27

LimeDragon27 Member

If you want to play the bottom, Dustin and Zenith are pretty good for that. I played all the characters and my character got fucked by the two, the other way around for the others.

8. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Right now sexscenes are indeed predetermined to be either top or bottom. Unless we get to a point where Jasonafex feels like making more animations for a single path. Thats the way its going to be.

9. Jenie

Jenie Member

Bummer.
    Well.. there's always hope i suppose.

10. Ryeiu

Ryeiu Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

Is there any way team amorous could get Scappo on board? That is my favorite artist

11. Skyshatter

Skyshatter New Member

I liked her date path. I would have liked an option for her to top if you were submissive with her since she seems she might be a switch. Although outside of Jax it seems that your character's chest isn't visible in the sex scenes.

12. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

Ya it really was made out to be two different outcomes with her, with the submissive or dominant options. I wanted to be the top so it worked out for me, but I find it quite odd that she doesn't have an option for you to be bottom.

13. Ryeiu

Ryeiu Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

No offence to jasonafex but I can see why he wouldn't/won't make more than two animations per character it Isn't easy animating. But more scenes would be awsome

14. KakeiTheWolf

KakeiTheWolf Member

I cracked open the JSON files for Mercy. There is explicitly a text path that describes Mercy dominating the player and penetrating them. However, for some very weird and strange reason, this can only happen if the player has breasts.

Zohatu likes this.
  15. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

Interesting, so is this actually in the files just not implemented?

16. KakeiTheWolf

KakeiTheWolf Member

It actually is implemented. You can play v0.6 without modification and get to see all the text where Mercy mounts you.

That being said, I can guarantee you will never get to it without cracking open the JSON files. Even with that, you need to very carefully pore over them. Mercy's path is nigh impossible to get right for this ending, because you have to do a lot of counter-intuitive things and your character must have a Muscular body type and breasts.

It's extremely difficult to get to this text, because you must make the perfect choice for every single choice you are presented with. Mercy's path has a lot of inconsistencies and it is able as easy to navigate as a minefield. For some odd reason, it will display the normal sex scene even though it explicitly will state Mercy is mounting YOU.

17. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

That's very interesting, especially considering it was even put in there with the intention of never adding a special for it and such.

Is that last scene all that is different if you do all these things correctly? Also, is the whole sex scene basically completely different, like in detail?

18. KakeiTheWolf

KakeiTheWolf Member

Actually, it appear that a majority of Mercy's date path wildly changes based on doing these things correctly. However, Mercy's path is pretty poorly coded, so it must be perfect. The sex scene in text is COMPLETELY different, with her being quite dominant over you.

Sir Wolf likes this.
  19. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

Now you have me so intrigued. It's funny because I consider myself heterosexual, but when it comes to anthros I don't know what it is.....I still can't do characters that have manly features and such. But Mercy was quite awesome. I loved her flirty and playful nature.

I wonder if Lennian can sort of clarify this version of the path and if it will become easier to access.

20. KakeiTheWolf

KakeiTheWolf Member

I'm pretty sure as the code is cleaned up, it will become much easier to access. Mercy's path was overcomplicated. They tried to make too many conditional flags, which led clearly to confusion when writing the JSON files. Mercy has conditional flags for Chubby, Muscular, Thor, Knotted, HasBreasts, MercyStrike1, MercyStrike2, MercyTrans, MercyMess, MercyDitch, MercyDouche, MercyDouche2, MercyGirlfriend, and the list goes on. I'm amazed they even got her path working.

And, you know, I myself am heterosexual, but I too think with anthro stuff it is a little different. Human guys all look basically the same to me, but with anthropomorphics in the mix, they get a lot more varied. Oodles of colours, species, tail types, head types, and not to mention they can be drawn with such an airbrushed smooth musculature that no guy could tone himself to in real life.

I guess I view it this way because, in the end, anthropomorphic stuff seems like being in a different, parallel universe. As such, things would work off different rules. Doesn't mean I'd go full on gay, I'd still prefer girls. But I wouldn't consider myself not open to trying being some guy's boy. I mean, it IS a wholly different universe, and they look way better than men of THIS universe, so... I'd be down for it.

This may seem like a strange view, but honestly, I'm one of those people who makes multiple fursonas, and I think it is kinda boring to have all of them as the same sex and straight. A lesbian here, a hetero girl there, a twinky poof here, a medium build bi guy there... I like the variety, even if it doesn't necessarily reflect me personally. Guess after writing for 15 years, you get so attached to making characters that you don't know how to stop doing it.

Yeah, I know, weird. But hey, normal is boring.