Shoutbox (Disabled)

Support PLEASE, somebody help me out with this issue...

Discussion in 'Support' started by BlueBunBun, Mar 26, 2017.

1. BlueBunBun

BlueBunBun New Member

I have been trying to play this game in windowed mode for a very long time. Since Version 0.5 was released, the F2 key that is supposed to be used to window the game DOES NOT work for me. The only thing that the F2 key does is flicker black for half a second. No matter how many times I press F2, all it does is flicker and still stays in fullscreen. Alt+Enter DOES NOT work for me either!

I have updated my graphic drivers to see if it would work then and it still does not go windowed mode. I REALLY wish there was an options menu inside the game to just make it go windowed. Can ANYBODY help me solve this at all? I really DO NOT want to play it fullscreen, it puts a lot of stress on my PC.

I have also contacted Lennian about this issue and I have received no response. Please help ASAP. Thank you.

I also forgot to mention that previously in version 0.4, the F2 key WORKED fine to window the game. It was only from 0.5 onward that it stopped working for me.

I am trying to window it to be able to RESIZE IT. I don't just want it windowed. I am trying to make it into a 1280x720 resolution IN windowed mode.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2017
  2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

This is not true, I took proper time to reply to you. You just didn't find my answer satisfactory.

I have not changed anything in relation to windowed mode. I also cannot reproduce the issue you describe, so unfortunately, you are simply out of luck at this time. If luck returns, the in-game settings I will be adding soon will make the game playable for you, other than that, this is not an issue I'm going to investigate any further.

Connery and RoyArtorius like this.
  3. BlueBunBun

BlueBunBun New Member

''You are simply out of luck at this time''. Is that what you think you should tell people like me who have been supporting this game for years? And yes, you did respond to me, with a very unhelpful reply stating that ''something must be wrong with my PC if F2 doesn't work''.

Even shitty indie games have an in-game options menu, yet this game that's being very well crowd funded doesn't. I've had to download a special software to force the game to be windowed. This is a fantastic visual novel, but seriously. You staff people need to work on how you handle issues that people are having with the game.

4. Lennian

If you look at just this support sub-board alone, it has over 115 topics, of which I helped and resolved over 90%. I release hot-fixes for serious issues whenever I can and I constantly help out people on all kinds of places both on- and off-forum. I have probably said the "update your GPU drivers", "reinstall .NET", "check your VS2010", "revalidate the game" dozens of times. I have done TeamViewer sessions with people to track down bugs only they were experiencing. So don't speak to me about not handling issues of people properly.

You are, right now, the only person with an issue with the windowed mode. Yet, I still booted up the code and looked at it for you. I however cannot reproduce it nor pinpoint a possible reason, so my professional deduction on the matter is it's something with your PC that forces it back to fullscreen (eg. the game registers your F2 keypress twice over 2 frames).

SeƱor Polly and Connery like this.
  5. BlueBunBun

BlueBunBun New Member

I came off a bit rude and aggressie in that last comment, I apologize for that but I won't hide my frustration and annoyance. I appreciate you taking your time to see to it and try to find a solution.

Would you happen to have any suggestions?

6. Lennian