Shoutbox (Disabled)

Invalid Phone: Remy's number never appears [0.8.1]

Discussion in 'Closed' started by MirceaKitsune, Aug 20, 2017.

1. MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune Active Member

Although 0.8.1 meant to fix the bug that caused Remy's number to disappear after meeting both her and Lex, it only made the problem worse; Her number now never appears at all, either in old saves nor if you start a new game where you only meet her... leaving her date practically unplayable.

Is there a workaround until this is fixed? Such as adding a line to the save file in order to make her number appear, which I can easily modify in a text editor if needed. Thanks.

2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

I think you should validate your game - you are the first to mention this in two weeks whereas it was an issue that spawned 3 topics each day. Not too mention I just tested a cleanly downloaded v0.8.1, New Game w/o Prologue, and got Remy's number.

Snaggy

3. MirceaKitsune

This is really weird; I ran FurPowered.Client and it confirmed I have 0.8.1 and all files are up to date.

Could it perhaps only affect certain dialogue choices? Obviously I offered answers that should result in the phone number, yet it doesn't show up for me. Would it help if I make a screenshot from the last line of dialogue, after pressing Tab to show the paths I took?

Also, what is the savegame parameter that makes the phone number show? It would help to test why this is happening and perhaps have a workaround.

4. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

You could try that, but I'm pretty sure Remy's date eventually all tunnels to the same ending node. Remy's bitflag value is 128 under Contacts. So a clean save would have 129, where 1 is Coby.

5. MirceaKitsune

Still doesn't show up if I change that value to 129 in my save (I only see Coby in that case). I guess I'll also test this when I get back home, I'm currently away and on my laptop. It's definitely very strange, especially if it's a local bug.