Shoutbox (Disabled)

News Patreon Supporter banner for Patrons

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lennian, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

We're proud to announce the first of many little extras faithful Patrons will receive both in- and outside the game! We added a very rudimentary "Patreon Supporter"-banner to the forum. Right now, it doesn't care if you pledged 1 dollar or a few hundred. At a later time, we might add levels to this based on your accumulated total, but up till then, this should just make you feel that little bit of extra special!

Go to your profile and enter both your Patreon name* and Patreon e-mail in the corresponding fields. Every hour the forum will go through all users who entered these values and perform a check if you pledged in the past. If you did, you will be awarded an awesome banner everyone can see when you post. These fields are only visible to you, so keep them private, otherwise someone could claim the banner with your name/email before you do!

* This has to be the name that is displayed publicly on Patreon (with spaces and everything), not your username.

If you used different names/e-mails to pledge over time, please let me know and I'll correct this!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  2. DaraSilverDragon

DaraSilverDragon Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

Will the patreon name be displayed in the banner? Because I pledged under my RL name since I had to link my bank account, and I don't really want people here knowing that.

3. Lennian

Nope, the information is private and we will keep it that way. Same reason we didn't go with amount-based banners yet, some people don't like showing that off, needs some orchestrating.

Anyway, is that a banner in your pants or are you just happy to see me? :p

4. Scrydan

Scrydan Active Member Team Amorous Supporter Dark Army Enthusiast

This will be quite nice to see. :3

I've always loved the smell of new features!

5. DaraSilverDragon

DaraSilverDragon Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

Oh?
    Oh. Nah. 'S just my ...er, nevermind.

Sorry, it does that sometimes. :amcocky:

Edit: Perhaps a checkbox option near the patreon name input saying 'Show donor level', that defaults to false?

6. Scrydan

Sounds like a great idea. :3

7. Lennian

Will most likely become something like that yes, or maybe like a max-value so you can control which banner it will show even though your accumulated total is more than that.

8. Lennian

A little update: I added an extra tab to the members page showing all Patreon Supports on the forum!

9. Frothgar

Frothgar Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

Quick question I put in my info yesterday and I still do not have the Patreon banner. My first donation came out yesterday is there I wait time before thats all recognized? No rush was just curious. :amlaughing:

10. Lennian

I haven't imported this months Patreon stats yet! Patreon usually takes 3 days before all pledges are either accepted or revoked.

11. Frothgar

Makes sense :D Thanks for the quick reply!

12. Lennian

Just a heads-up, Patreon is STILL processing a bunch of people that do not have the funds, but we have no way of telling Patreon to stop trying... Sigh. We also can't export this month yet because it doesn't give that info till its done.

13. Frothgar

I take it your still waiting on patreon to complete everything still?

14. Lennian

Yup... Apparently it manages to scrape together a few more bucks everytime, and as long as this keeps happening it will continue trying again. It was usually done within a week so this is really weird behavior.

I feel this is just unfair since you guys want your swag. So please PM me a screenshot and I'll manually apply it for the time being.

The screenshot should show:
    - Your Patreon dashboard which has your name and e-mailaddress
    - The mail Patreon send you after processing

15. Frothgar

Ok thanks for the quick reply I'll be sending you the info tonight... you da man Lennian :amsuave:

16. Wingz Of Death

Wingz Of Death Moderator of the Dark Lord Team Amorous Moderator Dark Army Enthusiast

quick idea... i think you schould change the name color in the shoutbox for the patreon supporters
    (like you dev's have but orange)

17. Lennian

Done, I didn't make them bold though so people won't initially confuse them with developers. Which was the reason I didn't do it yet.

18. Wingz Of Death

Wingz Of Death Moderator of the Dark Lord Team Amorous Moderator Dark Army Enthusiast

Or what you can also if it causes too much confusion is have a small patreon logo (or a star or something.. get creative) behind or infront their name if that is possible

19. Scrydan

I like this idea. Like donators at my site and another I know have this little coin in front of their name. About 16X16 or smaller I think. Maybe 10. I could provide one if you'd like.

Possibly a small Patron symbol could also work.

20. Scrydan

Yeah, the size best would be 8X8 image. Using something like this as an example.
    [​IMG]

Though the font might be slightly different than my site, it might be okay at 10X10 too.