Shoutbox (Disabled)

News Our games are now on itch.io

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lennian, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

When Amorous v0.1 was first released back in October 2015, finding a place to host a massive game (700+ MB) which would potentially cause a lot of bandwidth, was hard and very costly. After searching and contemplating for a long time, we eventually found Scaleway, who allowed us to host our games for many years. Their service is great, so if you are tech-savvy and looking for a good cloud-based server solution, be sure to check them out, they have a full range of options these days!

I can assure you this is not an advertisement that slipped through the anti-spam filter, but rather an announcement that Team Amorous is waving Scaleway goodbye. With Amorous moving to Steam, it would not be worth keeping additional download servers running at the same time.

So with pain in my heart, I just killed the baby I have been working on/with for almost 2 years: the launcher. But admittedly for most the whole architecture behind it. It has been a labor of love and I'll be sure to put it to use one way or another soon, but that way won't be Amorous anymore. This posed a problem for Bare Backstreets and Fursona Maker however...

Luckily, unlike a few years back, game hosting services are now popping out of the ground like mushrooms. I have therefore setup a few fancy looking itch.io pages for all of our games, including Amorous, as we wait for it to be ready for Steam.

You can find them here:
    - Amorous
    - Bare Backstreets
    - Fursona Maker

All the games are available as a direct download, but if you are already a user of the itch.io client you can also choose to install them through that.

I have updated the "Play now" page to represent this change. Users of the launcher will get a notification when attempting to login the launcher is no longer in use and points them to this page.

2. Butterderp

Butterderp New Member

Good to see that mac is still not working even on the new host

3. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

Quick question, is there a way to add our fursonas onto the new version? or do we have to make them again from scratch?

4. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

Sincerest apologies, I have now figured out how to do this :3

5. Drakco

Drakco New Member

Is there some kinda way to do it or is it simply cut & paste the save data?

6. Gatsby

Gatsby New Member

Pretty much exactly that friend :3

Drakco likes this.
  7. Drakco

Drakco New Member

Cool and Thanks

8. PsychoH13

PsychoH13 New Member

I tried to run the application on both Mac and Windows through itch app and it crashes in both cases :( One gets ENOENT and the other gets EACCESS error…

9. Lennian

Mac still requires the steps for the old launcher to run properly. For Windows you either have to browse to local files and run the game from there, or run itch.io client as admin.

10. PsychoH13

PsychoH13 New Member

I keep getting errors whatever I try to run it whatever technique I use to do so, and I can't post anything on your forums because your system detects links where there are none. Oh and the CAPTCHA makes responding to errors absolutely obnoxious.

11. FluffyBoi

FluffyBoi New Member

I like how i could get on with the old mac one, and this one you can't do anything XD. Thanks I'm done with this fucking game. bye

12. Jax Ton

Jax Ton New Member

When will version 1.0 of Amorous be released? I need to know.

ShadowTheFelkin0130 and Zatch243 like this.
  13. FurLovingDragon

FurLovingDragon Member

Steam version is out since today (SFW), the more "naughty" (NSFW) version will follow sometime this week. See also: Click me, I'm a link!

And btw: Will the save files from version 0.8.1 (itch.io) be usable in version 1.0 from the same source?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Jax Ton likes this.
  14. TotallyNotAPotato

TotallyNotAPotato New Member

Is this game still being updated and if so, are they going to add some more storylines?

15. Lennian

The Steam version can be NSFW too. Itch.io version will just be NSFW and Non-Steam by default, there is zero difference in files.

16. Butterderp

Butterderp New Member

@Lennian How do you make the Steam version NSFW??

17. Lennian

Add a file called "ShowMeSomeBooty" in the root-folder of the game.

Butterderp likes this.
  18. Tonnerick

Tonnerick New Member

What file would be the root file?

19. Tonnerick

Tonnerick New Member

nevermind i got it

20. FurLovingDragon

FurLovingDragon Member

I don't get the idea with the file addition to make the steam version NSFW - can't seem to find the root folder... :/