Shoutbox (Disabled)

Offline Mode for Amorous?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HedgeTiger, Aug 18, 2015.

1. HedgeTiger

HedgeTiger New Member

I was wondering if anyone knows a way to play/launch the game offline. And/or if the team is working on a version of the game where you can play/launch Amorous offline.
    I play this on my laptop and I'm out of luck if I don't have wifi.

2. NSW

NSW New Member Team Amorous Supporter

The launcher is really just an updater to keep the game current. It makes it so you don't have to re-download everything over and over again for every update. If you go into the game folder and launch amorous.exe directly, it will fire right up; no connection required.

This is located inside the launcher folder under "games > amorous > public_windows > amorous.exe"

Hope this is helpful.

3. AidenHusky

AidenHusky New Member

I dont see the .exe

4. NSW

Is there an "amorous" application in the folder?

The windows default is to not show file extensions, so the .exe part may not show up in the folder view. You may see "amorous" only.

5. AidenHusky

AidenHusky New Member

It says the folder is empty

6. NSW

Did you run the launcher the first time? You have to download the game with the launcher at least once.

7. NSW

Or you would have to find someone hosting an already fully downloaded copy and download it to your computer. The launcher downloads the main game and then keeps it up-to-date. Once you have it downloaded however, you can go directly and play it without the launcher.

8. AidenHusky

AidenHusky New Member

Yes. I ran the launcher butI keep gettin
    System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 212.47.241.66:80 at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request, IAsyncResult result) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBitsResponseCallback(IAsyncResult result)

9. NSW

Ah, looks like it's having an issue connecting to the server to download. Not sure if its the local side or server side that is having an issue, you would need one of the programmers to chime in on that part.

I do know that some browsers had a problem with the launcher at one time. You may want to set a different browser as default, at least temporarily, and run the launcher again. I use Firefox on my system and it worked without a problem.

The only other option would be to find a full copy and download it.

10. AidenHusky

AidenHusky New Member

Where can I find one of those? Where can I get in touch of a programmer?

11. NSW

The programmers are here on the forums and are also the forum moderators.

MikeDaSniper linked to a copy of 0.3 on mediafire. The link looks to still be working. You could try it and see if it works.

12. AidenHusky

AidenHusky New Member

ill take 2 hours to download the file. I will let you know if it worked tomorrow. Thank you for all your help today!

13. NSW

No problem. :)

Yes, it's a very big download. That's why the launcher was made, so you wouldn't have to download that huge amount everytime there was an update. Sometimes computers just like the hard way better.

Good Luck!