Shoutbox (Disabled)

Nothing but Jax

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SithLord, Mar 31, 2016.

1. SithLord

SithLord New Member

I'm I the only one who thinks about Jax almost every second of the day? This is probably REALLY unhealthy but Jax is the first person (fictional or not) that I've genuinely fallen in love with. Sure I've had my share of crushes but Jax, oh my gosh Jax, he's wedged himself into my mind firmly and won't come out. I tend to get depressed when I think about what happened to him before and during the game even though it looks to be a bright future. Maybe it's because no one really knows what will happen. Even with my limited knowledge of physiology, I'm pretty sure that this highlevels of affection could be quite the problem. On the other hand, I can categorically say, as a light writer, that this means the writer(s) of the game's dialog is EXTREMELY well done. Jax is very much alive in both me and the game. To the people who make this game and Jax come to life I say, well done, you've permanently affected my life with the first person I've ever truly loved. And to all the other game players/forum readers I ask, is this unhealthy for me? Should I be concerned?

lilboybailey and Jess179 like this.
  2. Weird Kitty

Weird Kitty Active Member

Ohohohoho lord. I am personally REALLY in love with Ethan Bradberry and I am very concerned.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  3. Jess179

Jess179 New Member

I can totally relate man. I was obsessed with Seth for days. That giddy feeling I felt when I thought about Seth was identical to my first time falling in love with a real person. That's how much of an impact the writers had on me. After a while I managed to pull myself back to reality. However, there was whiplash from being yanked out of the world of amorous. The realization that the it can never be real hit me like a flaming train.

I'm not going to definitively determine whether its healthy or not, I'm just as confused as you honestly. Just know that you're not alone in your feelings. :)

lilboybailey likes this.
  4. SithLord

SithLord New Member

Thanks, to be honest after I made my post I felt a weight come off my chest. Gosh that sounds so stereotypical. :p In retrospect I shouldn't be too surprised at my self. As someone who hasn't exactly been out looking for love I guess it was bound to happen. Oh well, life's pretty weird already so whatever. I'll just be happy to know that Jax really didn't go through all that s#!? since he's only a game character, a well done one but a character all the same. Life moves now and I'm a happier person! On a slightly unrelated note, may I ask what you liked most about Seth?

5. Skoon

Skoon New Member

On my knees in a rain storm, hands clutched tightly to the sides of my head, I scream his name is lonely agony. COOOOOOOOOBYYYYYYYYY!!!

A strike of lightening, a flash of brief fire, and a gust of wind are my only answers.

Reality is as harsh as the gravel beneath me, and the fellow eyeballing me as though I am a crazy person.

I may be. I may be.

6. Kaiba

Kaiba New Member

I just finished my second play through Jax's story and I can definitely agree. For me though, I sympathized so much with him due to real life experiences I've had that are quite in sync with his past; and the similar personality quirks I felt I shared with him as well. He's just such a REAL character with a lot of dimensions. I haven't found myself falling for a fictional character like that in.. Ever! So indeed applause to the writers and character designers! He impacted me so much I wrote a whole song inspired by him. Sooooo, yeah.. maybe unhealthy to be so entranced by a fictional being, but hey. Weirder shit happens.

7. Prince_BlazeFAR

Prince_BlazeFAR New Member

I'm infatuated with Skye and I haven't even gotten to do more than TALK to her. She's such an adorable, dorky, awkward, cute sdjbvjhdjvbuefvbniuj

8. Dlw

Dlw New Member

Agreed man, took me days and 2 more playthroughs with him to get him off my mind. Hope dev's will expand their story lines :(

Kaiba likes this.
  9. PalmaRoma

PalmaRoma New Member

[​IMG]

You meant this Jax right? That boy sure has a mean streak!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    Prince_BlazeFAR likes this.
  10. Prince_BlazeFAR

Prince_BlazeFAR New Member

Fucking smartass...literally snorted from laughing so hard...

11. PalmaRoma

PalmaRoma New Member

Meeting Jax was a fatality....to my heart. Okay, I'm going to cut myself off now, that was bad.

12. Dlw

Dlw New Member

Kek

13. Keayrin

Keayrin New Member

that happened to me in this text based game called 'my very own Lith' i grew so attached to the cute little kitty that i actually cried when he was so depressed he was begging me to make us a way out of the Void. hes usually so shy and energetic that it just killed me to see him so sad and broken. that game is really well made. it evokes all manner of feelings and makes you actually care about Lith, instead of juust making him a sex toy to play with. as is this game. i was quite saddened by Jaxs' sad moment.

lilboybailey likes this.