Shoutbox (Disabled)

Nightmare of my life

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Ryeiu, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Ryeiu

Ryeiu Active Member Team Amorous Supporter

Well, hell broke loose today in my mind. My nightmare reappeared again. Now remember I only fear/hate two things for one the ocean and it's unexplored depths I hate and fear. Then there is this. I encourage people to be themselves or what ever they want to be whether it be gay, lesbian, trans, herm, 40 year old virgin, etc. I want every one to be happy. But there is one thing that scares me worse than death, well one person. to be exact. Now remember I hate nobody no matter what they have done or will do. I respect all people regardless. You can never lose my respect only earn more to me. The person I fear most is Brian Hugh Warner 'aka' Marilyn Manson. He scares the hell out of me, not because of who he is, not because of what he represents he just scares me to death. now I am sure he is a nice person and all; but true fear is not easily removed.

2. Ryeiu

I have explored the deepest darkest deeps of the internet for answers I've seen things that would scare anybody. He scares me to no end for some reason.

3. Serothi

Serothi New Member

That is... interesting...? I mean, I suppose that's the definition of a phobia, is an unexplained, irrational fear of something. Nothing to be ashamed of, if I had to be honest. I have a deep seated fear of anything that flies and has a stinger.

4. Ryeiu

I don't fear the unknown I want to know more about the unknown itself. it is what I understand that makes me uneasy.

5. Serothi

Serothi New Member

Hmm... then my apologies for misunderstanding what you were saying.

6. Ryeiu

define misunderstanding.

7. Serothi

Serothi New Member

Okay, now I'm lost.

8. Ryeiu

how are you lost?

9. Serothi

Serothi New Member

Well I made a left turn when there were only right turns, went down a dirt road into a dark forest and well... that's how most horror movies start, right?

10. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

@Ryeiu Not sure what you read into @Serothi's post, but nowhere he mentions anything about you being afraid of the unknown. He explained to you the definition of "phobia" without judging you.

I'd like to comment on the definition tho: Not all fears are irrational, as some will protect us from harm.

11. Ryeiu

I know he didn't say unknown I was just puting input on what I was saying about fear. Most people fear what they don't understand is what I meant.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  12. Jomackson

Jomackson New Member

Well given MTV had him star killing countless claymation people, and he seems to dress in a sense I'd be a little scared, I can see where you are coming from.

It is as Lennian says, a lot of fears come from the very parts of our survival instinct. People think it silly arachnophobia, yet that is one of the oldest fears out there and if you saw pictures of nastey spider bites, you would want to grab the nearest news paper too.

Sure this guy is fairly new in the scene of humanity, but there are probably things that unsettle you about him and that is fine. If it makes you feel better you don't have to watch what is is playing in, you don't have to pay attention to music he plays, heck if you saw him in person you could choose to not even acknowledge he is there.

Hope this helps.

13. Sir Wolf

Sir Wolf Active Member

Interesting, I have seen many interviews with him and from what I have seen he is a good person for the most part.

Though it does sound like an irrational fear to be scared of someone such as him more then anything else, I know I can think of a few different things I would not want to be caught in a dark alley with.

14. Prospit

Prospit New Member

It could just be how he appears to the public, or. His physical appearance could maybe have this uncanny valley effect on you, or what he does on screen/the way he sounds. It could be subconscious than something you can really pinpoint.