Shoutbox (Disabled)

Multiple Languages

Discussion in 'Feedback and Wishlist' started by tomi064, Dec 11, 2016.

1. tomi064

tomi064 New Member

I'd like to see the option to have switch languages in this game. And the devs might not even have to spend so many resources on it, because I'm sure there are many people here who would like to contribute to this game by translating it into their language.

2. Immy

Immy New Member

Translate a game into multiple language isn't a easy . You have to search for people who can talk and translate in a specific language. As example for Italian ; you need to look for someone who talks Italian AND english, since it is the main language.
    I suppose they decided to keep just english ( for now ) because, since it's a 18+ game, they expect , from the gamer; at least a basic knowledge of english.
    Sorry if that sounded... rude. I've grown in a country where the mother language matter, the rest is just garbage.
    It's sad because english is a wonderful language ( except when there is the American english and the English english. Just confusing. )
    The thing is that is not something easy, especially for a big game with big potential and a lot of situations. It might take time but it's not an impossible mission, I'd suggest to be patience with this topic, they might decide to translate the game once it reached an elevated level, like all datable npc added in the game, no bugs ( or at least not heavy big ones ). And to be honest, some words sounds better in english than mother language :/
    I hope I helped you to understand their position

3. brbrhue

brbrhue New Member

Well, I speak Portuguese and Spanish, I'm not only a lot of English speakers, but I like a bit of English, if possible I wanted to a translation.

4. tomi064

tomi064 New Member

I'm aware that the devs probably have other goals right now, but as I said, community-translations could be done. Have a few people translate it, and others capable of talking that language can correct it. And they could still add a disclaimer in the menu, that those are community-translations and possibly not 100% correct.
    I'm pretty sure they would be able to get a few translators for every major language if they asked here on the forum.
    Unless the dialogue is implemented in a way that would make it too hard to just switch it out for other text, then I can understand why they wouldn't want that.

5. brbrhue

brbrhue New Member

Right

6. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

English only on the forum please ;)

I made an official statement on translations:

tomi064 likes this.
  7. digedags911

digedags911 New Member

Well said, on the other hand it would be less of a logistic effort, if we waited for the game to be finished, until then you could collect a list of people willing to translate it, by for example asking in a post. I, for example, would be more than willing to translate it into German.

WeisserWolf and brbrhue like this.
  8. brbrhue

brbrhue New Member

Well I speak Portuguese and Spanish, could help translate into 2 languages.