Shoutbox (Disabled)

Mini game Lockout

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymouse, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Anonymouse

Anonymouse New Member

For those who are getting an instant lockout in the mini game, lower the settings of the game and it should work. It seems that computers/laptops with the default hardware have no problem running the game at the highest settings, until the mini game comes up.

The coding for the mini game and how it works is probably fine (I've tried the same install of the game in two different computers to be sure; one with better hardware ran fine on the highest quality, whereas the one with the default hardware causes an instant lockout and an inability to move the pointer at all while on highest settings. Note that lowering the quality allows it to work) and I've no idea why only the mini game is affected, but this is a temporary solution.

2. RoyArtorius

RoyArtorius Master Knight of the Dark Lord Team Amorous Moderator

Thanks for posting this information, this will be looked into :)

3. KiWolfGirl

KiWolfGirl Member

Are you guys doing the check for lockout on Update or are you using time.deltatime? If you are doing update, the game performance will affect how easy or hard it is to escape. Time.deltatime, it will always work the same way.

4. RoyArtorius

The lockout is triggered when the marker enters Trigger Colliders, or when the player presses a button and the marker is not in the escape zone. There's no check for lockout.

5. RoyArtorius

Time.deltaTime is the time since the last Update, it is typically used in the Update function when changing a value. Multiplying the change by time.deltaTime makes the change happen every second versus every frame. Update and time.deltaTime would be used at the same time.
    The force moving the pendulum, is actually not being multiplied by time.deltaTime so that would explain the issue

6. KiWolfGirl

KiWolfGirl Member

Thats what i meant, changing a value on update vs changing a value X time.deltatime.
    ie
    on update: value += change
    vs
    on update: value += change*time.deltatime

It's also just easier because then you can usually do things in seconds instead of estimated frames.

And when I said check for lockout, I meant the controller/keydown listeners for the mini-game case.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015