Shoutbox (Disabled)

Memory/lag and overheating

Discussion in 'Backup' started by Azure, May 22, 2015.

1. Azure

Azure New Member

First off, the game is awesome, loved all the new content, however I think there is a memory or cpu usage issue with the new 'launcher'. Though, for me at least, it redirects me to an Amorous webpage that opens the launcher and then opens the application.

I am not sure what it is, but something is eating up cpu use. I can run League of legends with no issues, and Heroes of the Storm has physical memory leak, but they are dealing with that.

This time... opening Amorous and creating my character almost shut my laptop down from overheating. I plan on cleaning it out and making double sure there's no dust on the fan or such, but still, it shouldn't heat up so much from this kind of app and unity.

Was just wondering if you guys had any issues like this? Maybe a strangely high strain?

I use windows 7, btw.

2. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

The character editor is very hefty on the memory, optimizations have been done, but it's not great yet, we'll look into it for the Unity 5 upgrade if perhaps we can do something about it. However, with optimizations comes a downside. It's either instantly loading the parts, or you have to wait a second before it shows.