Shoutbox (Disabled)

Expired Mac Game won't launch

Discussion in 'Closed' started by hhhhhhhhhh, Dec 4, 2017.

1. hhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhh New Member

I tried to run this game through terminal like it says, and i get to this screen and it won't let the game launch. Does anybody know what to do? Thanks!

2. Yutmen

Yutmen New Member

The terminal is unable to run the script/client because it does not know what ".Unix" means (My personal expression when I see something like that.). Two ways of clearing this:

1. chmod Amorous.Game.Unix with the following command: "sudo chmod +x ./Amorous.Game.Unix" (Assuming you already cd'd into the directory the script is located in.. Remove the quotes.). This will make the script into something run-able. Afterwards, try running the game again.
    2. Another version of the client that needs to be ran, "Amorous.Game.Unix", to actually play was released after a fault found by the developers. Here is the link to that: https://forums.amorousgame.com/threads/mac-cannot-launch-game.2304/
    They have promised a new launcher. It should be on it's way. If these steps do not work, I would suggest to first Verify your game files (At least twice) and wait for a Mod/Dev to assist.

3. FluffyBoi

FluffyBoi New Member

Do u need to make the tar file into a unix one or do u keep it as is? Do u need both unix files to run the game?

4. hhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhh New Member

I reinstalled it and it will run now, but once it runs the game doesn't pop up or anything it just says this message and no other tab or anything comes up

5. Yutmen

Yutmen New Member

Common issue and actually is the issue I'm running into. I'm trying to see what I can do about it myself. A new, internal build (v.9) is rolling out today (Thursday) so hopefully that clears some stuff up.

6. Yutmen

Yutmen New Member

Run the Archive Manager (Extractor) on the .tar file to pull the Amorous.Game.Unix file out of it. Renaming it will keep the file compressed and unusable.

7. Lennian

Lennian Dark Lord of Team Amorous Team Amorous

Tagged as Expired as this is no longer relevant, get the Steam version.