Shoutbox (Disabled)

Longer Story Arcs

Discussion in 'Feedback and Wishlist' started by Weird Kitty, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Weird Kitty

Weird Kitty Active Member

It has been discussed many times in shoutbox and also with a few members of the team about the current state of the available dates in the game. According to given information date options like Seth and Jax will stay the way they are until version 1.0 is released with no guarantee of expansion. Also this is in no way heavy criticism and it stands mostly as a wish than anything else. Several threads have been made with wishes a bit more specific than this but all talking about the same general subject. I love this game and I will be happy and grateful with short or long stories, but bear with me for a second while I try to explain how this game does not only make you wish for more story but actually teases you to want it.

While I can't really link any of the shoutbox discussions about this here because its probably lost into the infinity whoever is interested can check out opinions from some other threads:

With that out of the way I would like to praise the current available dates base story and personality but I cannot say the same about their endings. Everything feels set and ready to go but it kinda lacks in meaning since everything is left off in an unsolved climax that can be rather frustrating to some. It is understandable that in an adult dating sim the cake* at the end is a very important aspect that most seek for, but that does not mean that it needs to end there. The possibility of creating something very meaningful is huge since every path seems to be a whole different game, that is thanks to the nice personality distinction that each character has. It is great to realize after finishing a story that...Hey, I came here for one reason but I stood for a completely different one and it was extremely satisfying. I personally appeal only for the writing side of things in terms of the story, assets like more art, locations or animations aside. Now here is why the game teases you for more story...Spoilers ahead:
    *cake - Sex animation.

At the around the middle to the end of Jax's arc we experience a huge event that really affects his life. While that allows us to get closer to the character and have the openning that leads to the cake* we never get any closure about how things play out. The story basically opens this huge door of possibilities that are completely ignored at the end. What will happen to Jax now that he does not have a job? How will our character play the role in that situation from now on? What about all the things that happened and referenced characters that didn't come into play? All those things instigate the people who care for the story and characters to want and expect more. The same applies for Seth, a huge event just happened in his life which opens a door for the main character to know him better and also to get to the cake* but the event is also left to the side once more. What would happen with Seth after he got his publishing deal? Will it work even? How will our character play the role with all the possibilities of travelling? So many meaningful and branching choices that those could have.

This is in no way a rant of any sort. If the arcs are gonna be longer and the ones that already exist are gonna be expanded it is not a huge deal. But at least the wish for it is "on paper". I'm excited for 0.4 and I am sure there are gonna be new great additions. This is just a wish for the long future.

FastAct132, highdro and You like this.
  2. You

You New Member

I Agree 100%! I need more story! I really hope they do expend on them at one point. We really need a proper set ending!

3. highdro

highdro Member

Yea it would be nice that they expand the characters after a while

4. Robyn

Robyn Active Member

do you guys even read what admins are saying about updating the game before making a topic?

5. Daeric

Daeric New Member

It would be nice to see the characters stories expanded, although I think the writers would be hard to come by - it's really hard to balance something fun/sexy that will still make you interested in the story. Perhaps one day, I would love to see these stories re-done in some kind of VN-esque style.

6. Robyn

Robyn Active Member

shit didnt mean to quote, only edit

7. Weird Kitty

There is a system upgrade and a lot of new features being added with the coming of 0.4. More dates are gonna be added accordingly on future updates. The current available routes are supposed to stay like they are until 1.0 as I stated in that topic. Any change to their story would be done after 1.0. I feel like I am repeating myself here but this is mostly a long term wish and not really something to be done instantly. Yes I do read it, this topic has no use but to put on paper about the desire for story expansion, if its gonna happen or not we cannot tell.

8. Weird Kitty

Wow I also did the edit/quote thing x-x